Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Some info on item value plz

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by aarveegee, Aug 11, 2009. | Replies: 9 | Views: 471

1. aarveegee

aarveegee IncGamers Member

Some info on item value plz

Hey all...this is my very first post on this forum so forgive me if this thread doesn't belong here. Well, I'll get straight to the point then...
    (1) I'm searching for a 20/20 light facet on a monarch shield and I'd like to know what it's worth.
    (2) I'm also searching for a low pally torch for a cheap( preferably dirt cheap) price:wink:...do people sell them for ums and puls? Sorry if this is a noobish question.

Thanks in advance to replies.
  2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: Some info on item value plz

well a 5/5 light facet goes for maybe 1-2 HR....so x4 for a 20/20

pally torches are, of course, the most valuable, since everyone that isnt an interesting person has a hammerdin. Even the low ones go for a couple HRs. Fortunately, you can probably get a HR for um+pul, so cash in and trade up.
  3. aarveegee

Thanks a lot for the reply...I had a hunch that a 20/20 is going to be very expensive. It's actually pretty hard garnering up 6 hrs even for a low p torch unfortunately. Anyways, I'll try trading off my um and pul for a hr and see where that takes me.
  4. alphaz

alphaz IncGamers Member

If the base shield is 15ed/15dura monarch, and jewels are all lightning die facets, the 20/20 shield is normally worth ~15hrs. Not sure about ptorch, I bought my 20/10 for 4hrs (dirt cheap), imo you can get a low-low one for 1hr.
  5. thesquish

thesquish IncGamers Member

aarveegee, on bnet you can easily sell a 5/5 light lvl up(worth less then die) for 3 HRs, sold 2 in about a week. So it may cost a little more for your shield.
  6. aarveegee

5/5 light lvl up(worth less then die)...What's the difference between them? I didn't understand actually...

7. thesquish

one casts a spell every time you die, one every time you level up. obviously, you will die more then lvl up, especially useful in pvp for getting a kill after dying.
  8. aarveegee

Hey, thanks for clearing that up. Surprised to know that actually...didn't realise there were two types. I was in one of the trade games today a while back and saw a 20/20 with a 400 percent chance of casting the spell( don't know exactly what is) when the chracter dies/ 20 light resist/20 light skill...the person made it on a sup monarch and was asking 20 hrs for it. Is that a good price or a down'right in-your-face ripoff?
  9. thesquish

i think a rip off, at the very most that should be 3hr per jewels + 2hr for shield. That is really the VERY top i could see it going for....14 HRs.

But I could be wrong.
  10. casadeERIC

casadeERIC IncGamers Member

Honestly, I think that if you're patient and smart, you could trade up for less then what somebody is going to ask you for the shield & the 4 facets upfront. It's only a matter of how long you are willing to wait.

Personally I find trading up to be a good chunk of my interest in d2. You may disagree though. =]