Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

sold on HC heres why

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by mesafalcon, Oct 23, 2012. | Replies: 28 | Views: 1861

1. mesafalcon

mesafalcon IncGamers Member

Hello all...

i nearly quit D3 recently as I had been playing a lot of T2 and GW2... it was really almost over.
    Then I started hardcore and I feel like I'm back almost 100%. Hopefully more and more ppl see the light as to me SC is silly with item after item tanking in price and well you guys know the story maybe better than me.

anyway, I wanted to start a thread about what you like better about HC. For me so far-

- not every item has 20 pages of everything, items are actually more meaningful
    - no RMAH =) Bamn! problem solved to the Whinners
    - things sell
    - it means something to have a 2nd and 3rd character !
    - items sell mainly based on playability not novelty
    - you feel good when you progress

if anyone can add to this plz do!

i am already sold on HC but, if anyone had any start up items to spare I would be greatful. anything is fine being I have 0.

im Nashimizu#1925

thanks peace
  2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Assuming you're on Americas, I just sent you a friend request. If not, someone random just got one :p

I don't have a ton of extra items, maybe a couple. I tend to only keep things to equip my own people or pretty actively sell on the AH. I'd be happy to help with some quests or something, or do some runs on a1-3 inferno when you get up that high!

The reason for HC is simple for me. I don't find it all that fun to play when I know it absolutely doesn't matter if I screw up. Playing with the much higher stakes is plenty of reason for me to stick exclusively to HC.
  3. mesafalcon

awesome. thanks.

i don't wanna take from you if you're not fairly rich tho! don't wanna hold anyone back.

ill add you as soon as I get off work. I am on the Americas but I live in Tokyo.
  4. pigge

pigge IncGamers Member

i have alot of int-startup items if you want. i already got a wiz and WD at 60 so you can have them all if you want (leveling items etc.)

add me if you want! You can sell them if you don't want them. they're worth to little to have in my 10 ah slots :p

pigge
  5. Malentros

Malentros IncGamers Member

Nice to see another person see the light and come to the Hardcore side of things. Highlighted the two most important benefits of HC for me. Can also add to the list that low-level/twink items are also meaningful too, and the playerbase is generally more well-informed because they have to be.

If you want to friend me, I'm Malentros#1414 on the US servers.
  6. mesafalcon

awesome

ill send you guys some PMs

i really don't want too much. just whatever wont effect you. I have 650 hours on SC so to be 100% honest I'm just not in the mood to start from square one.
    im thinking WD... any opinions ? barb eventually but my main was barb in sc for 550 hours of it so, need a new experience

to take the topic back to how much I'm liking HC, is there ever a reason to go back to SC fully ? I guess if actua new content came out I'd wanna do a test run in SC but... that wouldn't actually be going back to play it. that's just reason not to get rid of ALL my SC junk o(^▽^)o
  7. pigge

pigge IncGamers Member

WD is awesome, i just got 60 with mine so all my leveling gear is for WD :D.
  8. mesafalcon

sounds awesome. tmw's Friday and no gf this weekend so playtime will be high!

thanks a lot... WD it may be then. if u guys hook me up and I die ..

sorry ? (=´∀`)人(´∀`=)
  9. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

The thrill of escaping DEATH :)
  10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I second WD! I have every class except a wiz at 60 and in at least inferno a1, and the WD is definitely my favorite, and my main char. He's at paragon 15, and really haven't had too many close calls with him. I generally run a1 on MP 1-2, but have done a ton of runs in a1 prior to 1.0.5, been through a2 a couple times, and even some a3 runs with friends on MP1-2, all without so much as seeing my the save-me spell prop. Very safe and lots of fun!
  11. Malentros

Malentros IncGamers Member

I third WD. Much easier progress through inferno on my WD than my Wizard, while being equally fun to play. Plus, more chance of survival in the event of disconnect/power outage.
  12. mesafalcon

true. pets to keep you a live. (that 3rd one part didn't sound too good tho. lol)

ok, i added everyone on this thread.

hope to catch you guys sometime this weekend. i live in tokyo so im 12 hours off from the east coast and 6 off from the west coast (US) but, ill be on all hours on weekends.

i did have a lvl38 WD in SC but, it was around release so, i dont remember much. i just remember liking the little pigmy summons from d2... anything from d2!
  13. Napo

Napo IncGamers Member

Too many WD's... The best thing about about Hardcore is permanent DEATH!! The agony of losing countless hours and gold into your investment, its awesome.
  14. mesafalcon

why do you say there are too many WDs?

are they a safe class to play?
  15. Mr Boon

Mr Boon IncGamers Member

I'd vote for the WD as the safest class haha.. or maybe is just my playstyle (pets+SW+Horrify(Armor)). To some point, proved to be d/c-death-proof, as i have d/c'ed a couple of times facing elites and once against the butcher (it was Inf MP0 though)
  16. mesafalcon

so, you're saying they have a much better chance of survival in the case of a disconnect?

thats what i was thinking too...

i mean, they can't be d/c proof completely, but, ya they must have a higher survival rate cause of that.
  17. Mr Boon

Mr Boon IncGamers Member

Pets buy some time for the 10-sec logout, drawing some fire, plus you can always count on spirit vessel for a feew more secs. But yeah, is not 100% DC proof.

On the other hand, I believe good geared barbs and monks can manage to logout safely.

(Having a Templar with guardian or stacking enough liferegen can save your char during dc's )
  18. Napo

Napo IncGamers Member

Witch Doctors and Barbarians seem to be the most popular Hardcore classes currently, which means they're gear is the most expensive by a significant margin (DH gear is fukin cheap, hard to sell that stuff) I do agree that WD's are probably the safest to play. The reason i chose a WD is cause i wanted a high damage/low defense build and Spirit Vessel allows for mistakes while Pets allow for high DPS uptime on monsters.
  19. mesafalcon

Ya, I started woking on a WD... i'm 42 atm.

the real reason i choose him is cause hes the closest to the Necromancer.

Do WDs ever use shields or most ppl go with off hands ? I couldn't get into a SC WD, but, HC im liking, especially since the pets are better now? so i hear... the Gargantuan and dogs can kinda tank like the D2 golems right ?
  20. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, the pets are really tanky.

I've done a little experimenting between a really nice shield and a high-roll zunimassa's mojo I found. The mojo adds a lot of damage of course, but it's just not worth the loss in durability in my opinion. I don't think I'd give up my shield for even the very best 2h weapon or mojo.