Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] So what's your 1.05 build?

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Kalixian, Oct 22, 2012. | Replies: 11 | Views: 16095

1. Kalixian

Kalixian IncGamers Member

Currently I'm rolling with this:

ES/Shock Collar (high LoH)
    Ball Lightning
    Tumble
    Sentry/Vigilant Watcher
    Boar
    Chakram/Shuriken Cloud

Archery
    Perfectionist
    Tactical Advantage

I use dual 1h with high LoH, and my gear is rather tanky, so I can face tank a lot of stuff by just spamming shock collar. Which is why I also have shuriken cloud - free DPS/LoH when face tanking (and I didn't know what else to use). For more difficult packs that I can't tank, I just vault in circles around them and kite. The sentries help enormously with DPS in this regard. If you haven't played with sentries yet I highly recommend it, it's a major DPS boost. The boar is useful too since he legit tanks mobs and keeps things off you (it's not a consistent tank but it does help).

So what else has everyone come up with?
  2. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

I'm using a build that seems different from most DH that I see, but is a bit similar to yours:

ES/shock collar
    Ball Lightning
    Tumble
    Sentry/guardian
    Spike trap/scatter
    prep/battle scars

Archery
    Custom Eng
    steady aim

I use the shock collar with a high knockback windforce, and that's enough to keep crowds (even champs, but not rares) away, which helps with the stead aim. The knock back also helps with the spike traps if I don't aim right. I use life regen (2+k) for most healing, and the life leech from the WF helps a bit too. Vault is generally useful to break jails, escape vortexes and escape that annoying snare that the act 3 keywarden has, and prep is for emergencies.

So for most crowds, I'll either use double spike trap or unleash a mass wave of ball lightning, depending on the shape and number of mobs. For bigger fights, I'll try to put down as many sentries as I can and fight under their influence. For real nasty fights, I generally run around in big circles, and drop as many spike traps and turrets as I can. For bosses, I will use spike trap as the main DPS source, with turrets for defensive fighting points from which to spam ES.
  3. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

4. Kalixian

I tried the stafe build and couldn't really get it to work. It was great in MP1, but by MP3 I was getting gibbed and/or running out of resources constantly.
  5. Kalixian

Oblique,

Try swapping prep with the boar companion. I think you'll like it.
  6. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

Ok, I can give it a shot and have a look. I was actually thinking of switching it out with gloom to get a little more defense against reflect damage, but the boar sounds interesting too.
  7. Mad D

Mad D IncGamers Member

I'm new here, though I have been lurking these forums on and off since Diablo 2 (when that expansion launched, so very on and off). Decided to share my build since I've enjoyed it so much.

I have been using an Echoing Blast with Custom Engineering, Gloom build.

My character has a little over 700,000 EHP and does about 95,000 damage sans Sharp Shooter and Steady Aim, since the playstyle involves much up front attacking. Not by choice of course since these monsters are just too mean. Also using Vengence along with at least one item to increase Dicipline so that Gloom can be activated six consecutive times. High attack speed is also beneficial to generate hatred for trap use when enemy groups become very dense.

The constant Gloom along with Custom Engineering to six lay out traps ensures a high, constant amount of life leech. I find this build an alternate to life on hit tanking (of course having somewhere between 65 to 70 thoasand HP with proper defense is beneficial). Although I wouldn't call it tanking as much as just surviving.

My character is also using Imminent Doom and Beastly Bombs since of course they both benefit from when Gloom is active. My current soloing comfort level is at MP Five with my character being able to stand in Azmadon's pools until he is usually burned down. MP Six takes too a little too long but that of course is due to the lack of damage which I am currently working on since I feel that the build could work if I sacrafice some EHP for DPS (although it may never happen since I have low gold funds and my luck doesn't look like it'll be changing anytime soon).

I've really enjoyed some of the changes they've done to this class especially since I've always tried to build my character as balanced as possible in terms of survival and damage dealing.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. Ship Soo

Ship Soo IncGamers Member

Hi all,

I'm currently running this:

Grenades/area affect rune
    Cluster arrow/shooting stars <--better than LFB in testing
    Vault/cinders <--alternate with tumble
    shadow power/gloom
    preparation/backup or battle scars <---I alternate
    Bat companion

archery, grenadier, steady aim

100K dps, 40K life, 2k regen

She can run Mp3 easily, MP4 a little slow. Facerolls Mp 2

I find I rarely use preparation with 1.05 Nats, so I was thinking of switching it out for sentry, but I don't know if I can afford another hatred spender. I'm nearly constantly spamming Cluster arrow (for 40 !)

I did have stampede...maybe I should add that.
  9. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

This build I created on the first day of the 1.0.5 patch. It is not the most efficient build, but it is one of the safest. It also the build you want to use when you are under-geared, such as doing key running at high MP levels or if you just got into inferno and can only buy subpar starter gear from the AH. It works best with faster attack speed weapons such as Bows.

LMB - Bola Shot - Thundering Ball (CC, damage)
    RMB - Sentry - Spitfire Turret (your main source of damage)
    1 - Smokescreen/Shadow Power - Gloom (get out of CC, combat reflect damage)
    2 - Caltrops - Torturous Ground (CC)
    3 - Preperation - Battle Scars
    4 - Rain of Vengeance - Beastly Bombs (dps, or choose Stampede if you need even more CC if you're way undergeared)

Passives: Steady Aim, Archery, Perfectionist (or whatever you want for the 3rd one).

This is probably the best build to use when you're basically out-gunned and your poor. You completely control the battlefield, and you'll rarely die. It's actually pretty efficient once you understand how to play like this, but don't expect it to be a framing-caliber build. Still, Demon Hunters need a build people can use when they are poor, and this is it.
  10. Vanadin

Vanadin IncGamers Member

I'm using almost exactly the same build as I did in 1.0.4:

L: Hungering Arrow/Cinder Arrow (procs at 130% on non-kill shots)
    R: Elemental Arrow/Ball Lightning
    1: Shadow Power/Gloom
    2: Vault/Trail of Cinders
    3: Preparation/Battle Scars
    4: Rain of Vengeance/Dark Cloud (lots of opportunities to proc)
    Passives: Archery, Sharpshooter, Tactical Advantage
    941 LOH, about 2500 life/kill, 4% freeze on hit (why I like proc)
  11. Elly

Elly Administrator

12. Wolfpaq777

Wolfpaq777 Well-Known Member