Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So lost please help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Lokiswrath, Apr 16, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1920

1. Lokiswrath

Lokiswrath IncGamers Member

So lost please help

Hey all I'm a returning player who hasn't played in several years, and i was looking at a guide for a Sin that is really good at Uber-trist it says but is this still a good build? anyone have any other super good sin builds that can solo anything?

This was the guide
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...er-Tristram-Assassin-Build-Guide-v-1-1/page73

Kinda lost atm with what i wanna do i know i wanna be pwnage :) and i plan to play with my RL buddies who are new to D2 but idk what they are playing, i believe 1 will be necro and another druid. maybe i should pick a diff class orrr....idk im lost please help :)
  2. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Re: So lost please help

If your interested in going to ubertrist that guide is very well written and includes full lists of gear choices, it is really focused on uber running, but has the option of a death sentry backup which is going to be your main pvm killer outside of ubertrist. If you are going to be playing with a necromancer though you will need to consider what kind of build they are going to be making. One of a necromancer's main killing skills is corpse explosion and in turn makes death sentry slightly redundant. I guess a couple questions first before I get into it more.

Do you know what kind of build your friends are going to be running?
    What kind of gear do you have available or are you just restarting from scratch?
  3. Lokiswrath

I have no idea what kind of build my friends will be running with, the Necro will prob focus alot on summons/curses cuz its his first time ever playing D2 and he refuses to listen to me when i tell him to get CE.

I will be starting 100% from scratch as well.
  4. Aaron Eh

Aaron Eh IncGamers Member

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?405240-Another-1-11-Kicker-and-K-T-Guide

This is the guide that I read and followed for my first kicksin. I usually build a dancer as the first character on a new ladder as they can get by with pretty meager gear. Crushflange, Strength or Black are easy to build weapons that will give enough crushing blow to play through the game. Strength can be made in claws to there is some nice potential there. Wear the heaviest boots you find / gamble / craft, keep you resists positive and you'll be set. Get your Necro buddy to spam Life Tap and you are nearly invincible.

After you get better gear you can respec to suit your play style.
  5. Lokiswrath

should i consider maybe making a MF farming char first? so i can gear this one? lol and if yes, which char is best for that atm? xD
  6. Pyrotechnician

You can make a mfing character first if you so chose, but its not necessary to beat the game. If you are to start up a magicfinding character a sorceress is usually your best bet due to their teleport skill which makes travel easy and quick. You can chose either single element or dual element depending on the targets you want to run.

In terms of going through the game with a kick sin as your first character it will be a little harder but definately not impossible. As long as you equip a weapon with some form of crushing blow like the ones listed by Aaron and the heaviest pair of boots you can find you will do decent damage and you should have an army of tanks from the necro to take most of the damage for you so survival won't be as difficult. If the necromancer is not going to invest in corpse explosion then by all means, be sure to max out death sentry as its the next best thing. If you want stronger traps to go with your kicks you can also max out lightning sentry as that will do more damage if both of them are maxed due to synergies.

If you want to forgo both of these options, the least gear dependent assasin is a pure trapper as they rely solely on plus skill gear, and claws with +skills to traps can be shopped from vendors quite easily, but they are unable to run uber tristram.
  7. Lokiswrath

Thanks, i guess i could look into a Trapsin for lvling/MFing then when i get the gears respect to my linked spec for Uber-trist? i just wanna be rich :) and have lots of good gears for any char i decide to make. so that would prob be a sorc wouldnt it?
  8. Pyrotechnician

Being rich would be nice, but not always possible. A sorc is usually the choice due to teleport like I said. You can magicfind with any character though. A lot of people use hammerdins because nothing is really immune to them, but I find their gameplay boring so I usually stay away from them. An ammy with teleport charges is usually easy to find/gamble so there are always multiple options.
  9. Lokiswrath

Thanks mate ill stop botherin yall xD i thot about pally but the aruas dont mesh with me, only 1 on at a time or none at all...meh ill prob make a soc i have some low lvl stuff layin around for one on my other noob chars that way i can AoE pwn
    after i find a good build that is
  10. Pyrotechnician

No problem, take a look through the strategy guides in the sorceress forum, you should be able to dig up a few good builds there and then you can post any other questions.