Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

So, is there anyone who doesn't plan on using the RMAH ifra

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by FireIceTalon, May 3, 2012. | Replies: 40 | Views: 2225

1. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon IncGamers Member

So, is there anyone who doesn't plan on using the RMAH

who does NOT plan on using the RMAH, or even the gold one for that matter? As excited as I am for the game, I do not see myself using the RMAH for the time being.
  2. RyTEK

RyTEK IncGamers Member

Re: So, is there anyone....

I see myself trying to sell items on the RMAH, but rarely buying items. There are many types of players - I am the "slot machine" variety. I like killing tons of monsters (pulling the slot machine lever), and then seeing if I hit a jackpot (the loot). As you can see in my example, the thrill of hitting a jackpot evaporates if I can just spend $3.50 on a yellow item.

If they add more non-combat/visual only items to the game that are super rare drops, I can see myself spending RM on those.
  3. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

I'm not going to be using any AH. Nor will I buy items from vendors. Nor will I share items between characters. If there was a way to prevent sharing gold/artisans between characters, I would select that as well.
  4. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

I probably won't use the RMAH at all, not even selling. The hassle is just too much for like $5.

But I'll probably use the gold auction house a bit, both buying and selling. Probably not much, but a bit.
  5. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Since it doesn't look like you can put the money in your Bnet account towards anything useful (like say the expansion), I doubt I will bother with RMAH. I'll probably use the GAH if my stash starts filling up and the items could go to a good home.
  6. Boudica

Boudica IncGamers Member

I dont see my self useing the RMAH, i will probably use the gold ah for what i heared gold gonna be a problem, and i bet blizz gonna add in more gold sincks when they see its not enough of it.
  7. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

I just won't really bother with them at start. Maybe when I already have all my chars all max geared and I find a great item that I don't need then I may put it on the RMAH or the GAH depending of the value of gold at that time.
  8. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Hard to say. Might not use any AH at all. Depends on if I feel like I got some use for everything I find on my own, either breaking it down or using it on my other chars.
    If not, I guess Ill use AH at some point.
  9. GoldenredDragon

GoldenredDragon IncGamers Member

I'll sell stuff I don't want. Mostly cheepo on the GAH. But then again, if money on the Bnet account could be used to buy other games, I'd be all for selling things on the RMAH. Because if it's only there to buy other stuff on the RMAH (or cash out, in a wierd paypal thing I don't want to delve in just yet), well why bother ? Gold is useful ingame. Money is not.

G.R.D. (GAH is good. Anyway, trading WILL happen regardless of what Blizzard does)
  10. onorarono

onorarono IncGamers Member

I won't even consider for the first few months, but rather follow how prices trend and such. Hopefully a few more of my friends join in during the summer and I'll have some quality lower gears for'em by then.

Eventually, like some say, I may end up selling stuff but atm don't really consider buying anything, gold or real money.
  11. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i will first equip all my characters with items. after all that then maybe i will use the RMAH to sell. i wont buy from unless i have nothing else to spend the money on from sales. the GAH i will use to try and sell items to help level my stuff up. after everything is maxed i see no need for it
  12. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

I can't say right now. Greed is a powerful thing. Hard to say how I'll react when I hold an item potentially worth 50-100 dollars. (If such a thing exists.)
  13. Vertal

Vertal IncGamers Member

I'm not going to be purchasing from the RMAH at all, I don't believe in paying to win for games. I would use the GAH, but within a month I wouldn't be surprised to see nobody using it from a crazy surplus of gold.
  14. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

if i find an item worth over 100 bucks it will make me think thats for sure

15. Kramskry

Kramskry IncGamers Member

I'll use the gold auction house for sure. Really, the only reason I won't use the RMAH is because I'm a total cheap *** and don't want to spend extra money on items. I'm sure this scenario will pop into my head quite often: "Oh man, that's the exact item I need! But if I buy it I won't be able to spend money on a six-pack of Newcastle.... Well, beer wins."
  16. qOcOp

qOcOp IncGamers Member

wont use the rmah but probably will use the regular one. my reasoning is pretty much the same as the guy that posted above me
  17. Austiin

Austiin Banned

What people don't understand is you will HAVE to use the RMAH in order to stay even remotely competitive with people who do. It's like saying you won't use the AH in WoW. You have to if you intend to play the game at higher levels.

18. Darkmere

Darkmere IncGamers Member

How does one compete in a co-op game?
    It's not like RMAH spawns top of the line items out of thin air; someone has to go out and find them first. That someone had the same odds as everyone else (including you!) of finding nice gear.
    I suppose you can still pay your way to the top of the non-existent PvP ladder...

Personally, I plan to sell gold til I can afford the SC2 and D3 expansions (you can buy digital versions of Blizz games with it), then spend the rest on the AH again. I won't pay in and don't care about cashing out; if I treat the game as if it pays like a job, it stops being fun.
  19. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

Well firstly I won't be using the RMAH because I plan of playing HC almost exclusively (unless I want to play with a Softcore friend or I'm too tired to concentrate).

I don't think I'll be using the Gold AH either. While I can understand the motives for it's inclusion in a modern game...accessibility, quick gratification on the players terms, basically the things the newer generation of gamer wants; I have a few issues with AH in general that really prevent me from enjoying them.

Firstly I'm a big believer that there should be some effort:reward ratio in place in any game, and personally beating a game is a far more rewarding experience when I am made to work for it. Using the AH as a quick access gear shop to mitigate difficulty (by increasing gear level) only serves to trivialize the challenge of the game which absolutely negates any sense of pride or satisfaction that could have been experienced in my accomplishment.

Secondly with the well publicized lack of social support in Battle.net 2.0 (the whole chat channel saga etc) I feel that an Auction House is actually contradictory to the co-op play that the developers of D3 promote.
    The auction has removes any form of social interaction from the item game. It isn't even done within game. All you get is a faceless screen of words and numbers and one click of a button seals the whole automated process.

Further to this with the chance that any item can be sold for either gold or cash profit, I feel the system really discourages sharing among players. I can imagine the majority of good drops from public games will only head to either a private stash or an auction house. While that's understandable from an anthropological observation, I really think that it creates a generally more selfish player-base whose primary concern becomes "how much can I get for this?" over "hmm that guy might be able to use this item".

If you want to foster a great community and a true co-operative experience; encourage player to player trading! Not only does it promote a more community oriented way of attaining items, it creates an environment for social interaction. It can be a good way to meet new players who share your approach to the game. Something I've seen precious little of in the many hours spent in silent public games during beta.

Then I suppose I could say I find the one-to-one trade method a more dynamic and interesting engagement that any auction house. The whole "what can I get in return for this?" and the process of finding that value is stimulating. Of course I can see why some players would prefer the Auction House rather than invest time bartering that could be spent in game, and that reason for me at least merits the existence of the Auction Houses even if they hold little personal value to me.

I'll be rolling Demon Hunter day one with a friend playing a Barbarian. If I have a Grandfather drop in the first few weeks I won't think twice about passing it over to him. I hope to me other players that have this approach toco-op, but sadly I don't think I will find it in public games.
  20. Kramskry

Kramskry IncGamers Member

But I have to ask, who cares where you are compared to other players? I guess if it means so much to people to be NUMMBBBAAA UNO, then sure they're gonna have to use the RMAH. But for most people, who cares if they're better than you? I'll let other people spend money on super gear and have fun playing with them.