Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So I just met...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Scorch Hellfire, Feb 5, 2012. | Replies: 116 | Views: 12507

1. Scorch Hellfire

Scorch Hellfire IncGamers Member

So I just met...

...a guy named Keith Mayberry. He's around my age (mid 20's), and it turns out he's been going to my church for a few months, but I've never talked to him before. Why is this important? Because when I was introduced to him earlier today I was told that his uncle is Alex Mayberry. As in Alex Mayberry, one of the Senior Producers of Diablo 3. No, not the one that quit... that was Steve Parker. This guy: http://www.diablowiki.net/Alex_Mayberry I'm sure you've seen him in the occasional interview.

So, I was talking to him about Diablo 3 and his experience with the beta (of course he was given a friends and family invite) and how people are getting pretty anxious about the release date and he said that his uncle told him it will "probably be out in two months. In quarter one." So, yeah... I guess Blizzard is still on track for a late March release then. If we can take his word for it that is... Now I'm just hoping he can get me a beta key. <.<
  2. Zokar

Zokar IncGamers Member

Re: So I just met...

...a guy named Mike Wilson. He's around my age (mid 20's), and it turns out he's been going to my church for a few months, but I've never talked to him before. Why is this important? Because when I was introduced to him earlier today I was told that his uncle is Jay Wilson. As in Jay Wilson, the Game Director of Diablo 3. This guy: http://www.diablowiki.net/Jay_Wilson I'm sure you've seen him in the occasional interview.

So, I was talking to him about Diablo 3 and his experience with the beta (of course he was given a friends and family invite) and how people are getting pretty anxious about the release date and he said that his uncle told him it will "probably be out in two months. In quarter one." So, yeah... I guess Blizzard is still on track for a late March release then. If we can take his word for it that is... Now I'm just hoping he doesn't take away my beta key. <.<
  3. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

I want to believe so I will but 2months would put it at April 5th which would be q2. Other than that I will take it as a sign of release!:wine:
  4. Lukk

Lukk IncGamers Member

If it's later March I'm gonna be sooo happy :D:D I believe you dude!
  5. Torian

Torian IncGamers Member

If the OP is right they will at the very least nail down a Q1 release at the conference call - so we'll know if its true next thursday.
  6. Overpowerd

Overpowerd IncGamers Member

You are trustworthy I guess so I believe you. The date should be announced next week then :)
  7. imthedan

imthedan IncGamers Member

I thought the conference call was tomorrow?
  8. Lukk

Lukk IncGamers Member

Conference call is 9th of February :)
  9. Scorch Hellfire

Zokar, you can not believe me all you want, but it is the truth. I can take a picture of his entry in our directory if you want. We (my local congregation which is all college students) had a luncheon this afternoon that I just got home from and I was talking to him again there and he said it would probably be April as far as he knows and that they are currently in the finalizing stages. He hasn't been following the development that closely so when I asked him about Steve Parker leaving and what the state of the runestones and skills were, he didn't know much. I'm kind of annoyed because he apparently got his roommates beta keys, but he didn't want to push his uncle for any more.

Edit: Ok, I just did a quick scan of our membership directory with my crappy printer, cropped it with the windows snipping tool, did a ms paint censoring of the contact info and uploaded it to imgur: http://imgur.com/GAoUD

Keith is on the bottom and his roommate that I was also talking to that Keith "went through great lengths" to get a beta key for is above him. Don't know how much more proof of this conversation I can give...
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  10. imthedan

imthedan IncGamers Member

The OP really has no reason to lie.

Plus, it goes with what I've thought the release date would be. Late march to early April is the best guess. It's starting to add up as well, because with the conference call on Friday, we'll probably get a release date or something indicating a release. That would give us the two months until early April to meet the release.
  11. Zokar

Zokar IncGamers Member

I honestly have no opinion on the truthfulness of your encounter, just illustrating how such a claim has to be taken for what it is. No disrespect intended, I could have said the same thing without mocking you, I'm sure. When it comes to people who say they are in someway talking to somebody at Blizzard, it strikes the same tone as if somebody told me they spoke with the President or something :D

I can edit out the post if it bothers ya.
  12. Zokar

Zokar IncGamers Member

Sure. Given what we've seen, an April / May release seems plausible, but that doesn't really require insider info to extrapolate.

13. PreyingMantis

PreyingMantis IncGamers Member

You took the time to mock the OP then you say "I can edit it out if it bothers you" which if you read between the lines is another insult. And then double post to say april/may seems plausible. I would believe scorched over someone of your caliber anyday.

14. Scorch Hellfire

No, it's okay. I wouldn't believe some random guy saying he knows a relative of Blizz either if he didn't have some solid evidence. However I just edited my second post to give you some proof that he at least lives around me, so there you go. Don't think I can do any more than that to convince you. He is really just a recent acquaintance to me so I felt awkward asking too much about his uncle and seeing if he could get beta keys for people. Apparently it's more of a hassle to do so than you would think and he "went through great lengths" just to get one for his roommate. I don't think Blizzard employees are supposed to give them out to people that aren't immediate family or personal friends.

15. Dune

Dune IncGamers Member

Well either Scorch finally lost his mind after years of waiting.. perfectly understable.. OR this is the biggest news we've had in quite some time. Thursday can't come fast enough.
  16. Scorch Hellfire

While it's very possible that my sanity is waning, I can't make people pop out of thin air. I promise he isn't a figment of my imagination! Can't you see the family resemblance from his picture in my scan and the ones of Alex Mayberry? I can tell you from the couple of conversations we had that his grandparents (on whatever side Alex is on I guess) came over from Mexico decades ago and that he (Keith) is from Bakersfield, CA. And now that I think about it, he probably wouldn't appreciate me going on about him to a bunch of random people on a random forum on the internet... :whistling: Ok, I'm done. If you don't believe me by now, then I got nothing else and you can just think I'm lying and photoshopping stuff.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  17. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

It is very stalker esque if you ask me. Just dont' go all single white male on him and you should be fine.
  18. Scorch Hellfire

Well at least I talked to him person and just happened to find out about his relation to Alex from one of our mutual friends who knew I am a fan of Blizzard games (and thus thought it was a relevant tidbit of info to mention when introducing us) instead of me like tracking him down on Facebook like so many other people would do. And yeah, we have a photo directory of people in our local church that they give out to everyone so it's not hard to get contact info for eachother and I thought it would be perfect proof that he exists... What can I say?

19. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

I belive you. Can you "persuade" him to give you some top-secret info? :wink:

20. Mizantrop

Mizantrop IncGamers Member

The real question is: Why would anyone who goes to church would be interested in Diablo in the first place :p