Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So... How high do you think Brimstones will go?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Greizer, Nov 21, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 12149

1. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006894973?page=3#53

EU price is @ 41k and rising. This is with most people asleep, mind you.

I just bought over 1500 @ maybe 15-17k each, used all my gold... And had bought 200 vs. 9k before, just in case (hey, I was poor :p). How many Brimstones are out there atm? Because when speculators (ahem) will gobble them up, the price will go through the roof. :O For a moment... It's all about knowing when to sell. When people realize that the promised changes might be months away, the price will settle back down, but I doubt it will fall back to 9k again. :scratchchin:

Edit: Now the price is back at 30k. It's not like I took too many economic classes, but, what gives here? Shouldn't it go up up up the more people wake up? Or did Blizz make a followup post to cool down the price... Well, I'm done with playing the game as a poor chump, so I'll keep my brimmies 'til they reach 100k (if they will).

Edit2: And again at 40k. The volume of trade can't be that much with this fast fluctuations... I wonder how the number that is shown is calculated. I always assumed it was an average of some kind, but maybe it just picks the latest roll or smth. Anyone know for sure?

Edit3: 72k now and rising... People are waking up in Central Europe. :nod: For once I'm glad to live in Finland, so I could capitalize on this. I salvaged hundreds of crap legendaries for about 20k a piece. Pity that the gold I bought on RMAH didn't arrive in time, otherwise I would've made double the profit. I'm tempted to sell the brims right now, but I guess I'll wait to see if it hits 100k... Then sell half and see if it starts to fall or keeps rising.

Edit4: Down to 44k now and seems to be staying there... Should've sold when I had the chance. Oh well. This may be due to Blizz deleting the threads about the price increase though... Once a few more pop up, things may pick up again. If not, I'm keeping most of my Brims for future selling (when they actually implement the promised changes).
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. MinionOfBoredom

MinionOfBoredom IncGamers Member

I missed the initial hype (dammit!), but I think I'll buy in once Brimstones hit a low. I mean, they're bound to appreciate once the change is actually implemented.

In the long run, I can see them being worth a few hundred thousand apiece. Definitely worth an investment, IMO.
  3. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

I have a ton of these just hoarded up waiting for Blizzard to come up with something good to make so that either I can dump them at a great value or make something OP with them.

**here's to hoping**
  4. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I've sold most of my brimmies now (kept 185). I missed the few peaks and panicked a bit, so I only made about 85 million. Still, I started with 28, so I almost tripled my cash. Not bad, considering I've been very poor throughout my D3 career. The game is so boring to play that it's hard to get rich, and there's rarely good opportunities on the AH (or I'm just bad at looking). People are beginning to wise up to snipers, too, and put high starting prices on their items.

I'll likely buy brimmies again if they drop to something like 30k. I only sold mine because I needed the cash for upgrades and/or investments.
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I didn't read the news until too late :(

I bet half of the crappy Legendaries on the AH were bought up and salvaged today.
  6. MinionOfBoredom

MinionOfBoredom IncGamers Member

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to sound as if I was hyping Brimstones -- when I said "in the long run," I meant post-patch, whenever that will be.

That said, if you're anything like me and think investment is worthwhile, my only advice would be to keep a vigilant watch of both the market and your trigger finger. The price is down to ~40k and declining, and I have a feeling it would be worthwhile to invest when the price finally reaches a low -- so not just yet.
  7. kestegs

Yes, I think it's worth the investment if they get reasonable again. I think once people get over the initial hype (since there's no actual time frame) that people will want their money back out and liquid again.
  8. mesafalcon

mesafalcon IncGamers Member

40k is pretty low, i have 27 and i wanna buy a bunch, like 3-5mil worth, seems like they're bound to go up at some point.
  9. Faromyr

Faromyr IncGamers Member

I bought 200 when they were around 200k months ago. Suffice to say, watching them drop daily/weekly/monthly makes me want to cry.
  10. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I recently bought 500 brimmies, 10 000 tomes and 10 000 tears in case new crafting buff info comes out. They cost about 20 million total (I guess... Haven't counted), and I figure I stand to make 100 mill if new info comes out. Well worth it imo.

Ofc I could've tried to search for flip deals with that gold instead... But for some reason trading through the AH is actually much less satistying than D2 trading. Maybe it's the human element: haggling, possibility of getting scammed, last-minute price-jacks, even sudden disconnects etc. Trading was an ordeal in D2, but at the same time an addictive experience. You never knew when you entered a trade game how the trade would go down. In D3 otoh the pattern is always the same: if your snipe bid is too low, someone else gets the item, no questions asked, no 'hi's or 'ty's given. Meh. Sometimes progress is a mixed blessing. :coffee:
  11. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

On the Americas AH they're about 13k right now I think... :-\ they're about as useful as ever with 1.0.7 though, so I have no clue when they dropped so low.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Toug, I think it's because people were holding on to a surplus of FBs to see what changes Blizzard would make in regards to FBs gaining more usefulness. There was a time when the 1.0.7 recipes were announced right before the 1.0.7 PTR was released and Lylirra let it be known that Brimstones would be part of those recipes; this was when the prices on Brimstones skyrocketed as high as high 30k if I recall correctly, and then within a 48 hour period or maybe less time, they were back down to "normal" low 20k to high teens levels. Now they're fluctuating with a steady downward decline over the last week and a half or so and again, my guess is that it's because people are trying to sell off stockpiles of Brimstones either now that they've made their amulet of choice or they are so fed up with RNG they've given up on crafting.
  13. Tibblestrum

Tibblestrum IncGamers Member

This is off topic, and yes, I did create a forum account to reply to you-
    Miss Katniss, I just wanted to say that you look awfully good in that profile picture holding you're bow. Kinda makes me want to hop a plane to Massachusetts and try to get a chance to take you out for drinks or something. If you're interested, I'll check this inbox randomly ;)

Anyhow, my apologies for interrupting this conversation. Please, carry on.
  14. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Oh boy.

Anyway: So far, there were 2 times where I failed to act on opportunities in D3.
    1) Brimstones were 80k, then a patch got announced and they jumped to 200k for a few days. Could've made around 20millions if I sold right then
    2) The great gem-duping of our time. All Radiant Stars were 3-6mill/pc. I bought enough to equip every possible slot on my char, but I should've bought as many as I could and sell them now. I would've made OVER 300 MILLION

I'm going back to crying now.
  15. kestegs

Before the patch announcement I had bought a whole stash tab of brimstones at around 20-25k each. I had hopped to sell them all for over 100k each, but the recipes weren't as good for them as I'd hoped they would be. Ended up selling them for around 35k each on average, so still not bad.
  16. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

I kick myself every time I looked at the gem prices and thought they would stay that way. So silly. I bought them whenever I needed a new one for a socket, but only stocked up on like five extra total and never sold them because I still eventually need them. Wish I had just bought tons of Emeralds, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Hahaha, I don't even know how to respond to Tibblestrum, so we're just going to let that sit there. :)
  17. Xuhao

Xuhao IncGamers Member

imo it will change as soon as blizzard patches crafting. (like the value of crafting mats changed drasticly when crafting got patched the first time)
    - The price (in gold) will depend on the amount of gold on the servers and how important the material is for the "new" crafting. I find it most likely to believe that the least useful material (and thus the least gathered) will become of greater importance, to give the players a new incentive for farming. New mats are also highly likely imo.

...And to get rich you should not play d3 the game, you should play d3 the auction house and flip items.
  18. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

(Conversation I imagined happening)

"Yea, I'm a D3 gold millionaire"
    "Oh cool, so what paragon are you?"
    "Paragon?! I don't actually play the game, I just play the AH and collect a fake currency that I don't use"
    "Oh... um, so why do you... never mind"
  19. Flux

Flux Administrator

If I ever have you on the podcast he'll be *really* surprised to hear your voice, too.
  20. Xuhao

Xuhao IncGamers Member

ot, i know, but still - the socalled fake currency could be sold for real money - a freind of mine made roughly 2000 eur flipping items on the ah/rmah over a period of 4-5 months, and bought himself a very real new gaming computer for the moneyz...