Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

So are these builds not viable for a wizard?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by Pegleg, May 19, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 6166

1. Pegleg

Pegleg IncGamers Member

Disintegrate or ray of frost as your main damage skills? Are they really that bad that you shouldn't use them at all? CM and Archon the ONLY way to go?
  2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

They aren't the ONLY way to go. I experimented with different builds centered on blizzard, arcane orb (super fun!), and the channelling spells. They're just nowhere near as good as Archon and SNS. In fact, I don't think any wiz build can be better than shock-nado-shards as of now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Well, i just beat inferno (M0) with a disintegrate/hydra wizard. Was pretty easy actually. The jump to M1 would have probably killed me, though. My problem with Disint. is needing to use a slow 2-hander to keep the beam going. Pro being that 2-handers can be really powerful with the right stats.
  4. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

I agree. There's no way any build can compete with one where the enemy is frozen (almost) all of the time.

That said, I've been playing a spectral/frost nova/meteor/CM build in MP6 (currently 245K dps solo), and the game is beatable with that build. Just not as safe/fast as keeping everything frozen...

I'd to see Blizzard nerf the CM builds a bit and offer some higher end weapons for the wizard. I think it'd make for a more exciting play style.