Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skills thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by stillman, Jan 9, 2013. | Replies: 52 | Views: 3851

1. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

Post any amazing skills here.

2. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

Of yourself or other people?

I'm talentless. :ashamed:
  3. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

Oh Leo, you are an ocean!

[No rules. Post anything.]
  4. Leopold Stotch

I'm an ocean? I could go stereotypical ***** and cry, "I'M NOT FAT YOU INSENSITIVE JERK!" but I know you didn't mean it that way. :D So i will say smile and say "Thank you" and hope that you meant I am so full of talent it fills an ocean. :D

Well, there was that stripper who tried to do a seductive balcony trick. Apparently she died from the head injury she sustained. RIP Stripper! :hanky: Had she landed the trick I'm sure it would've been awesome! :D
  5. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

+1 Leo's talents :yes: :thumbup:

Oh yeah, I forgot about her thumbs!

+1 Leo's talents (again)
  6. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I can burb at will. Does that count?

Always when my parents call me I like to answer by burping :D
  7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

As I said in a previous thread, I can roll my tongue into a U, salute like a Vulcan and do kneesy-earsy-nosey and finger wiggle. If burping counts, then this counts as well!
  8. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

What? Some people can't do this?

WHAT? Who can't do that?

I'm learning stuff today.

I can peel bananas with my toes. I also routinely pick things off the floor with my feet and either bend my leg back against my butt to grab them with my hand or "foot throw" them wherever they need to go. I often do laundry this way. Think of my Hallux and second toes as acting like pincers. Normally, I wouldn't consider this a "skill," just a freak genetic oddity, but I guess if being able to bend one's tongue into a "u" and doing the vulcan salute qualify, then... :dontknow:

I have a female friend who can pee standing up. IIRC, she can also utilize this ability to write her name in the snow. Maybe that qualifies as well. :D
  9. Vivi

Vivi IncGamers Member

I can sort. Pretty fast. Give me a mess and I bring order to it. A skill that is becoming useless rapidly. Nobody cares.

I have a fantastic handwriting. Again. What does one need that for these days?

I don't have any skills I need. I'm crap with computers, a total clutch with tablets, I don't understand smartphones so I'm not buying one and I'm too retarded to understand how to use Facebook should I want to use it.

Also I have lost my skill to draw. I miss it, it leaves a big gap in my life.
  10. Galabab

Galabab IncGamers Member

I piss pple off.

but hey I have a joke about talents.

So at a circus show, a clown comes on stage with a boy and declares:
    "Ladies and gentlemen this young boy here has the gift of phenomenal memory! And now he will piss at all the ladies and gentlemen in the front raw!"
    The people in the front row stand up in shock, mumble, swear and disperse among other raws.
    The clown:
    "Ladies and gentlemen this is futile, I just told you, he's the boy with phenomenal memory!"
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  11. Leopold Stotch

I'm flexible. Not contortionist flexible, but pretty bendy. However, I'have had chronic back pain for almost 8 years and that is starting to get in the way.
  12. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

The tongue bending is some kind of genetic thing, but I think it's 50/50 whether you can or not.

I don't know what you couldn't Vulcan solute though...

I'm also an expert toe grabber and do the stuff you mentioned often. Never peeled a banana though, maybe I'll try that later. Ironically I ate a banana just 5 minutes ago.

My real talent is cracking my chest I'd say. Just like you crack your knuckles I can crack my sternum.
  13. Leopold Stotch

on command? Because mine cracks too but if I arch a certain way when I stretch (stick my chest out). And it's not often. That's neat. ^_^

I can pop many body parts: back (hence chronic back pain. Lulz), neck, wrists, knuckles, hip joints (but I try not to do that. Don't want a limp when I get older. But it keeps my hips flexible so... lost cause? :dontknow:), ankles, toes. but that's not a talent. >.>

I can sort of dance? :dontknow:
  14. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Yea, I can crack all those places as well, although I don't really like to.

Somewhat on command. Probably slightly less than I could pop my knuckles
  15. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I'm a crack shot, obviously, but I've never tried to be uniquely skilled at any one thing - I recall a game (Traveller?) that had a "Jack of all Trades" skill and I thought, "THAT's MEE!".

Here's what I get to try doing tomorrow, after I managed to diagnose and hopefully fix a failure of my Exchange 2010 MMC that had the headquarters jackanapes looking for solutions with both hands & a flashlight...

Next weekend I get to assist & supervise a human dog sled Trivial Pursuit team. We won last year's competition.

EDIT - regarding earlier posts, I do make my neck sound like popcorn if I want to gross someone out. Plus I can '****' and 'fire' my left thumb, though it only makes a soft sound...
  16. LozHinge the Unhinged

I can click my tongue unusually loudly. With the right acoustics it can be uncomfortable, and almost painful, for listeners.

I used to do a thing where I'd pretend to stumble, click my tongue and then clutch my knee, leg or whatever. One time I managed to fool someone at work into believing I'd broken my leg. On other occasions, I would pretend to break my own nose.

When I was younger, I could put my ankles behind my ears. I stopped doing this in public after one time at a nurse's party when people started rolling me around the room.

Obviously I am too grown-up to do all that now :yes:
  17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes. My mother can't. I can't wiggle my ears BTW.
  18. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Like when the guy that played data went on alphas. Can you close your eyes and use the sounds for sonar like that blind guy who rides the bike?

I wish i had skills. I can't even capitalize appropriately.
  19. LozHinge the Unhinged

I can indeed click my tongue for sonar, but it's only really effective underwater.

Not that I'd risk that again after falling foul of a gang of porpoises I had inadvertently enraged. :no:
  20. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Get the click outta here!

[​IMG]

edit: image tags hate me.