Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skill choice in a HC TS Dtail build?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Xena1985, Aug 19, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3319

1. Xena1985

Xena1985 IncGamers Member

I've recently had success in pat'ing a druid which was my first ever char that didn't die along the way to that title. I've lost several HC chars over the years but this recent accomplishment has boosted my confidence for yet another stab at HC.

I've decided to try a claw/claw assasin utilizing TS and Dragon tail. I did the skill calculations and seems I can either go with venom as the additional skill or DS since TS tail and SM will be maxed. Common wisdom is to go with DS in PVM however I will already have a sick physical and fire attack with AoE so the question arises whether using venom with for instance Trang's gloves might be the wiser option? On the other hand DS can be spammed from far away, under the cover of CoS and really nukes an area at high levels.....

One thing I'm also worried about is where to get AR. This will be a minimal dex max vit build (Hardcore after all) and I'm pretty sure that maxing claw mastery would be underwhelming for the benefit it provides.That and my skill points are already stretched thin since the other skills either need to be maxed as part of the build (tail and TS) or are insanely useful to me as I experienced with previous assassins (SM)

Oh and PI's aren't really an issue since the merc will be using the decrep stick as soon as he is able. It's worked wonderfully in all my other builds in this regard. Hopefully once the PI cracks the insane fire damage will be applied (multiples of the TS damage IIRC)

Thanks for any comments :)
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Don't bother with venom.
    Put a few points in claw mastery to get better AR, weapon block to get better block rate.
    Shadow master is a good tank if you're untwinked.
    Death sentry- If you like it put a lot of points here.
  3. Xena1985

Xena1985 IncGamers Member

I'll probably be playing twinked no idea yet though. The thought of playing with crap equipment in hell scares me and with MF'ing I always get sloppy and have occassional deaths due the repetitive nature of item hunting. I love DS however in this build it seems redundant as I will already have an AoE attack that deals insane physical/fire damage that can take out small mobs instantly. Any thoughts on Claws of Thunder as a secondary attack? I've never used it but the photo on arreat summit looks enticing with the third charge releasing multiple bolts in the 1k range

4. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Claws of thunder or any of the phoenix strike tree is just too weak without significant investment - 20 phoenix strike, 20 charge of your choice. It can still work though because only 40 pts are needed for TS and DT.

While you are doing physical and fire dmg with TS/DT, death sentries are still good. I wouldn't go without DS in HC.
    Lightning traps are another option.