Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Single Player muling

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by echodrome, May 10, 2013. | Replies: 11 | Views: 970

1. echodrome

echodrome IncGamers Member

Are there any options for SP muling? I read a little about ATMA and GoMule but I don't know if these are officially sanctioned or if they are considered cheating.

If they are considered cheating how do people mule in SP?

Thanks!
  2. echodrome

I apologize for the multiple posts, I kept getting errors about the database so I figured I wasn't getting anything posted :(
  3. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

ATMA and GoMule are fine in the Single Player Forum. I suggest you check out the ATMA/RWM/Gomule Help thread in the Single Player Forum.
  4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Yes, both programs work well though gomule is best for the newest patches while ATMA is typically used in older versions.

Whether or not you consider them cheating is up to you, I guess! Essentially what they do is allow you to have an infinitely large, searchable stash that just saves hours and hours of effort.
  5. echodrome

wow I must be blind I only saw the SP on the Trading forum doh!

Well I'm wondering if I'll get banned from Bnet if I use them as I am planning on playing on the ladder after the reset.

Thank you for your replies.
  6. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

No, they don't do anything that bnet will ever even see. I've used both at the same time and been just fine. It basically just accesses your save files, but only you SP save files which are just stored locally anyways.
  7. Locohead

Locohead IncGamers Member

I believe Atma is considered legit if you follow sensible rules (no muling from SC to HC for example.) You have to announce some things such as hotmuling Gheeds. Check the official SP trading rules.
  8. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

The term "single player" has probably been successfully muddled in the D2 community. There is straight up "single player" as in you play by yourself, period. Then there is "single player" as in playing by yourself but talking about it on the single player forum, where everyone agrees to a set of rules to play by, and only uses specific "approved" mods, if any.

If you're just talking about playing solo offline and not following the rules of a forum community, then there is no such thing as cheating. You bought the game. It runs on your computer. You can mod it however you want.

If you're talking about the community rules, then they might have things they collectively ban.

I wish the "single player forum" had some up with a different term besides "single player" for what they do. It just makes things needlessly confusing lol. Something like "community offbnet" would be better.
  9. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

You got that right! :nod:
  10. echodrome

My question was about solo offline playing. My concern was that if I then decide to login and play in say Europe ladder Blizzards anti cheating detection would trigger because I have ATMA/GoMule/etc installed.

I was only thinking that I have many gems and items I collect on one character that it would be nice to keep some of them if I want to create a new solo offline character. No trading between SC and HC just plain between SC and SC.

But if I read correctly the thread djmbbandie pointed out then I am not allowed to do this without having issues when playing in Bnet.
  11. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

No, you'll be just fine. There are other mods or things in that thread that can cause an issue on bnet though.

I've used them and then played on bnet. I wouldn't have the program running while playing on bnet, but I doubt it would matter even then.
  12. echodrome

Sweet! Thank you!