Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

single player characters on cloud?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mansline, May 11, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 651

1. mansline

mansline IncGamers Member

okay, so I've been playing D2 a lot lately (single player only...no battle.net) & I play on my laptop at work and my pc at home, so I was wondering if anyone has set up their character save folder as a shared folder and redirected the game to load/save the characters from this shared folder rather than from the original save directory...This would make everything so much easier than backing up my save file to a flash drive every day when I go to work. If anyone has done this or knows how to do something like this, can you please give me some insight? I have LogMeIn Hamachi already on both systems, which I use for my minecraft server & I'm running d2 v1.12 and the PlugY mod.
  2. mesmerist

mesmerist IncGamers Member

I do remember that I the PlugY mod had an option to redirect your safe folder. Not sure tho, could very well be an other mod aswell. As the ladder resets right now, I have nothing to do, so I will be kind and look it up for you.

EDIT: Copy paste from the Diablo Wiki:
    - Disable access to Battle.net.
    - Infinite storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 personal pages!)
    - Shared storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 shared pages too!)
    - Enabled the ladder only runewords out of realms.
    - Local World Event and Uber Quest for singleplayer and multiplayer off-realm !
    - Can open Cow Level Portal even when player have kill the Cow King in that difficulty.
    - Unassign assigned skills and stats points.
    - Change the selected language.
    - Always regenerate maps in SinglePlayer like in MultiPlayer.
    - Automatically execute /players X when you launch a new game.
    - Added some pages for display more characters stats like %MF.
    - Display item level in its popup.
    - Launch any number of Diablo II games on the same computer.
    - Increase the stash to 10x10 squares.
    - Change the save path directory.
    - Always display Mana and Life values above the globes.
    - D2 can load all files, even those opened with Microsoft Excel (disabled by default).
    - Display the stats current value (without magical bonus) like Magic/gold find or maximum resistances.
    - PlugY is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish.

So as I said, it is possible. The only thing is how, probably somewhere in your customisation file.
    Anyway, good luck with it.

PS you shouldn't be playing at work :p
    Last edited: May 14, 2013