Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Silks of the Victor

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by Martin Hodges, Sep 25, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1594

1. Martin Hodges

Martin Hodges IncGamers Member

Those of you on deviantart may have already seen this, but I thought I would share this here. I've had this idea for staging a Diablo still life. I wanted to display a collection of the equipment that the typical Sanctuary hero carries with him/her. I got the idea as I was forging the armor. The muscle cuirass was not specifically intended to be the Silks of the Victor, but I thought my armor was reminiscent of it enough for this shot.

The armor was forged by me out 16 gauge mild carbon steel
    The gauntlet was made by me.
    The maille was made by me.
    Obviously the book is Blizzard's Book of Cain
    The silver sword is a replica of Achilles' sword from the movie Troy
    The other sword was a cheap sword I had lying around from an old Halloween costume
    The rings are my wedding ring (made by me)) and a ring I bought from Rome
    The healing and mana potion bottles are bottles from specialty bottle. Though I think the blue for the mana could have been bluer.

A link to my deviant art page: http://mhodges.deviantart.com/art/Diablo-Fan-Art-Silks-of-the-Victor-1-402441285

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. I think there is room to improve upon it, and I'd like to more of these. Hope you like it!
  2. WitchDoctor

WitchDoctor DiabloWiki.Net Ink Slinger

Nice :) i like the way you did it.
  3. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

I saw this also on deviantART earlier this week. Impressive work and the way you presented this in the picture. Love it. I hope to see much more metalwork/blacksmithing from you in the future.

HK
  4. Martin Hodges

Martin Hodges IncGamers Member

Thanks HK. I hope to have more Diablo metalwork in the future as well. I'm not entirely sure what my next project would be yet. A lot of my favorite pieces that I'd like to make tend to be from the original series and D2. Nothing in D3 so far has beckoned me to make it just yet. I've always wondered what Lachdanan's veil of steel would look like, and I think it would be cool to do an interpretation of that.