Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

*Sigh* WTFPK PK'D

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Sheresh, Sep 28, 2006. | Replies: 15 | Views: 3721

1. Sheresh

Sheresh IncGamers Member

*Sigh* WTFPK PK'D

I know theres a R.I.P thread but I figured since I didn't die of natural causes I should make a new post, and while I'm pretty sure no one cares, I just need to post this to vent it a bit. Anyways, so I was on my level 16 necromancer, leveling in the sewers and was killing radament and then SNAP, insta deat, first thing I look for is what killed me. Was it a monster? no, I got WTFPK Pk'd. It's the first character that I've lost to pk, but I really didn't think it would happen to me, and I REALLY didn't think it would be by a stupid 3rd party program. NOR did I think that someone would get a kick out of pking a level 16 with no gear.

Luckily I had nothing good so I really didn't lose anything. I was just VERY mad that someone would do something so childish.
  2. AmpDamage

AmpDamage IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that you got wtfpwnt. But look on the bright side, you didn't lose too much time and effort. ^^
  3. scottskyetwo

scottskyetwo IncGamers Member

Be happy you didn't lose any good gear.... Ive been tppked many times at high lvl in baals thrown in hell. Lost all my good gear.....
  4. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

This game is full of childish people.. expect the worst.

Lucky
  5. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

You're naive I'm afraid. With the "efficiency" of tppk compared to legit pk's and the sheer number of tppk'ers out there even if you're not a gambeling man you can't deny that the odds are stacked hugely against you (us whatever).

I am sorry for your lose though, I know how you feel. It sucks. Luckaly a rebuild shouldn't take too long and you will be back on your feet in no time!

-hps
  6. somethingNothing

somethingNothing IncGamers Member

While this topic is open, I feel it's a good time to vent the unfourtanate demise of a lvl 5 sorc of mine...

'Twas a cold a misty day on the stony field, and 'twas a cruel and wicked high level player who made a tp into the stony field, that just so happened to be surronded by rakanishu and his crew. Well, that very same high level did speak to me, and did say, 'my tp', and I went through, and in that next instant, I did feel the wrath of the carvers... Sigh.

I missed that level 5 sorc, 'till I remade a minute later.
  7. GodObelisk

GodObelisk IncGamers Member

Tat could be a tppk'er who had lost his godly tppk character to some legit pker, and his urge for tppk'ing rose, therefore he had to tppk someone of low level. OMG... the sanity of tppk'er dropped.

Sry abt ur loss, start fresh, lv16 is something like 2-3 hrs
  8. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

can someone explain tppk to me? I don't think this thing was around 4 years ago when I last played.
  9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

It probably was, do you remember fearing for your life every time a sorc cast a Hydra? Anyway, blizzard fixed that but others reared their head.

tppk stands for Town Portal Player Kill. It can be done "manually" but most of the time the tppk'er simply has a 3rd party program that is activated by a hot-key.

How it works:
    the tppker parties with his victim. It can be done with a few spells, but we'll go with Ice Blast in this case. When the victim and the tppker are close on the map the tppker presses his hot-key.

The 3rd part program then automatically fires a few Ice Blasts at the victim and while they are flying through the air towards the victim the program casts a Town Portal and takes the tppker to town, it then hostiles the victim, which makes the Ice Blasts still flying towards the victim very dangerous.

The ice blasts hit the victim, the victim dies.

Tppkers are almost always high level characters pretending to be helping out lower level characters. They generally use Cold spells on sorcs because a high level Cold Mastery can make the victims resists extreamly poor which helps to counter act the 1/6 PvP pentalty. However it can be done by others. Windy Druids, Amazons, Assasins, Sorcs with fire spells etc.

-hps
  10. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

just be happy the tppk got you before my little pally did ;)
  11. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

ah, gotcha. yeah, i remember the hydra thing from back then. seems like this would be an easy fix too, though, for blizzard. can't they just make it so spells will only do pvp damage if they were cast while hostile?

either way, good stuff to know. thanks hps.
  12. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

Happened to me too yesterday and it wasn't a high-level character either. Seems like the PK'ers have noticed that no one plays in public games after normal, so they are moving to that kind of games just to slaughter low-lv chars. It's not a loss, but slightly annoying.

But here is a tip: never play in pubs the moment you reach act5 and especially avoid all Baal-runs (their favorite honeypot). And if you have to, or you are just feeling lazy, then never use TPs and never go near one (or they will use it, insta-hostile, and insta-kill you). TPs are the most dangerous thing in the game. :azn:
  13. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

Can it be done with hammers, meteors, and assassin traps, or have those been disallowed, like Hydra? How about FO?

Actually, can one of you just list all of the spells that people can't tp pk with?
  14. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

iirc you cant do it with hydra, meteor, hammer, traps or blizz, not too certain about blizz.

think basically anything else you can

-tai
  15. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

There is some honor in regular PK where you have a chance to survive. If someone hostiles you, tracks you down and kills you then I can accept that. TPPK is dishonorable. You have no chance to react or survive.

What is even worse is that you can be safe in town and killed. Not sure exactyl how it works, but I think that a merc will get you. Anyone have more info about this ?
  16. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Search for townkill, tons of topics about it, no need to dredge up topics that everyone here is uniformly against, it brings no redeeming value and no worthwhile debate

-tai