Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] Show off your Loot 2.0/RoS build

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by snurrfint, Sep 26, 2013. | Replies: 15 | Views: 10073

1. snurrfint

snurrfint IncGamers Member

So, I was thinking, now when we got the new data mined information about upcoming skill changes and new legendary item affixes, that we could all be creative and post some interesting build ideas and skill/affix combos. Basically, show us what your future RoS build might look like.

All the information mined can be found summarized on these excellent articles:

Barbarian skill changes with links to all other classes at the very beginning.

New item affixes

And don't forget to use the good ol skill calculator for the unchanged stuff. Some of the new changes and affixes will go very well together with some of the unchanged skills as well ofc.

To prevent anyone from just going crazy with the new affixes we will just allow you to choose three affixes at most, and only two from the rings category.

I'll start with a an example: (you don’t have to be this detailed as long as the main idea come across)

Strafe speed rocket hunter

Affixes:

Boots: Burn the ground you walk on for 100% weapon dmg. (Constant trail of cinders, yes plx, works together with Strafe and vault)

Ring 1: Strafe no longer cost hatred

Ring 2: Vault now cost 8 hatred instead of discipline. (8 discipline is a considerable cost, 8 hatred on the other hand is practically nothing)

Passives:

Ballistics - Increase damage of rockets by 100%. (Old was 50%.)
    In addition, you have a 20% chance to fire a homing rocket for 150% weapon damage when you attack.(newly added)

Tactical Advantage - Whenever you use vault you gain 60% movement speed for 2 seconds.

Skills:

Strafe - Shoot at random nearby enemies for 280% weapon damage while moving at 75% of normal movement speed. (Formerly 156% weapon dmg.)
    Rune: Rocket Storm: In addition to regular firing, fire off homing rockets for 140% weapon damage as Fire. (Formerly 65%.)

With Ballistics this is 280% weapon dmg to all enemies with base skill + 280% (140% * 2 (Ballistics)) weapon dmg for each of the rockets that is being fired. That's a huuuuuge buff. And with Ring 1 affix it’s completely free to cast. It can now be used effectively in burst as well. Before, it drained your hatred extremely fast if you did this.
    One could go for the rune Demolition too and take the new Grenadier as a passive. It’s hard to tell what version will be most effective.

Vault - Action Shot: While Vaulting, shoot 4 arrows for 75% weapon damage at nearby enemies. These shots are guaranteed Critical Hits. (Formerly no number of shots listed (it was usually 2 in use) and the guaranteed Crit part is new.)

This skill will primarily be used as a way to get from pack to pack. The speed boost from Tactical Advantage can be used together with Strafe to add some extra speed while fighting.
    Guaranteed crits is actually a pretty big boost. Let’s say you have 30% crit chance and 350% crit dmg. This means that you will increase your crit chanse with 70%. And since every crit does 250% more dmg than your normal hits, this leads to 250%*0.7 = 175% more dmg. So that 75% is more like 135% (75%*1.75) when the guaranteed crit is factored in.
    The rest of the skills can go into whatever you like or need. We might need some way to burn hatred maybe. And some defensive moves. We can even boost movement speed more with Shadow Power – Shadow Glide.

Play style:

The idea is to always move forward. When monsters are on the screen, use Strafe and let them chase you. When no monster or a very few monsters are around, just use Vault to move forward with blazing speed. Minimum cost for both skills free up space for practically anything for supporting skills. A strafe build might be the the deal now when double WW barbs has been nerfed to the ground.

Now it’s your turn!
  2. Mortalo

Mortalo IncGamers Member

Affixes:
    Ring: Reduce the cost of [​IMG]Seismic Slam to 15 Fury.

Skills:
    Bash - Punish
    Seismic Slam - Rumble
    Weapon Throw
    Battle Rage/War Cry - depends on gear and whether I have enough DPS or Res
    EarthQuake
    Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity

Passives: (That's what I'm using now - it can change but it's hard for me to say, maybe Bloodthirst instead of Ruthless)
    Weapon Master
    Tough as Nails

Tough as Nails
    Ruthless
    Tough as Nails

Playstyle:
    2-H Mighty Weapon. I will get 3 fury per hit thx to Weapon Master - so I need to hit 5 guys to refund SS. If enemies aren't dead by then Rumble will generate additional fury. So with nice packs of monster I can stay with throwing SS. When I'll get last bonus from Immortal King that'll be 5 per hit :) Bash for close opponents and WT for some ranged fury gen. EQ and WotB for quicker elite kills, I can swap one for Ancients. This is it. Seismic Slam all the time. That can be fun :)
  3. snurrfint

Yeah, Seismic Slam could really be effective now with that reduction affix, before It felt like the cost was too high. And since you now can generate at distance with Weapon Throw you don't really need to go close with bash.

If I would give you a suggestion, I would swap out Bash for Call of the Ancient. The dmg of those guys has been increased a lot and there is actually an affix that will make them permanent. 3 permanent meat shields on a ranged barb sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for your reply!
  4. Mortalo

Mortalo IncGamers Member

No Bash? Maybe :scratchchin: Though I like to have at least one melee skill (EarthQuake?).
  5. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Impossible to come up with builds yet. Many of the Legendarary affixes are only tested on rings, they won't appear on them in the final game. Of course, we can disregard that, but mixing and matching becomes much more restricted and less fun if we do. :)
  6. scythemage

scythemage IncGamers Member

I had a similar idea. Only, I would use fan of knives with the no cooldown but 30 hatred cost rune as my hatred dump. You can use fan of knives while strafing and it won't break it which is nice. I would rely on vengeance and the new legendary that increases resource regen and damage by 25% while moving to fuel the hatred cost but I would probably only maintain one FoK every 2 seconds though.

I think I like your idea of using vault as the hatred dump more though. MS is always a good thing, plus I don't have to get in the middle of the pack and risk dying to use fan of knives. Who knows, we might even be able to use both skills in the same build if the RoS gods smile upon us :D.
  7. snurrfint

I know this. But I thought it would be fun anyway. Even if some ring affixes en up on the same item slot later on, you should be able to have very many of them together. So restricting them to 3, should mean a quite minimal chance of them being on the same item slot. I think some affixes are distend to end up on the same item type like; "Health Globes picked up release an explosion for 100% weapon damage to enemies within 40 yards." and "Enemies you kill have a 100% chance to drop a health globe.". Would be too OP to use together I think.
  8. scythemage

Depending on how reliable the legendary spike trap affix is (Your spike traps lure enemies to them), I could see a lot of use from these. Use hatred generating frost arrows with cull the weak and your echoing blast traps are doing 288% weapon damage every 2 seconds. Gather a huge group of enemies around a stack of 6 spike traps while firing frost arrows and you're looking at over 1200% weapon damage per second, as AoE... (assuming at least 2 attacks per second).

Btw, I think they changed the affix "Enemies you kill have a 100% chance to drop a health globe" to "Increase the chance to find health globes by 100%." It doesn't make sense to have both of these affixes in the game.
  9. HardRock

Currently Spike Trap looks to have Echoing Blast's effect incorporated into the base skill, but it's arming time has been increased from 1 to 2 seconds and it's damage is reduced from 275% to 200%. Echoing Blast increases the damage to 240% and changes the damage type to poison. It will most likely get a new name eventually.

This effect will be extremely good for a build like yours as well, especially with high APS: "5% chance on hit to create a Spike Trap, Caltrops or Sentry at the enemy's location."
  10. scythemage

Right, spike trap is getting a pretty big change. I still like echoing blast over the other runes because it has high dps and I'm avoiding scatter rune so that the enemies are lured to one stack of traps instead of three. Since the mobs will be slowed from frost arrow spam, echoing blast will be getting the 20% bonus damage from cull the weak passive. That's where the 288% number comes from if that was confusing.

That other legendary affix looks interesting. However, the low proc chance and the random trap is spawns is a little worrisome. I will definitely keep my mind on it though. Thanks for that.
  11. HardRock

Ah, right, forgot about that. :)
  12. scythemage

Edit: Woops, dang iPad double posted. Delete.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  13. scythemage

Snurrfint, what do you think about the affix, "while below 30% life, all attacks are guaranteed critical hits," in the strafe build? With nightstalker and all those crits, you could probably sustain that much hp with smokescreens and vault evades. It probably won't be worth losing the strafe or vault affix over if all three end up being rings though. If we could use all three of these plus the 25% damage and resource regen bonus while moving affix, that would be ridiculous lol. Strafe builds are looking very fun in RoS lol.
  14. snurrfint

Looks like a good pickup. Not sure if I like staying below 30% health all that long especially with a DH. But combined with Nightstalker it should be a really good affix to have. I can see it being very popular on HC.
  15. scythemage

HC might be too risky, but playing a HC setup on a SC character could work.
  16. metarox

metarox IncGamers Member

I found a SOJ 20% cold + 30% dmg elites and a String of Ears +30% melee reduction yesterday so I flipped my DH to a frozen arrow build. Even though my sheet DPS sucks, my damage is really high and I can mow through anything on T1 now.

Character Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...8/hero/1029798

My planned build for RoS (above link, may change some skills around, toying with Vault instead of Rain of
    Vengeance or it will be Vengeance in RoS)

Weapon: Kridershot
    Offhand: Flint-Ripper Arrowheads +8% EArrow
    Head: Andariel's Visage +20% Cold Skill
    Ammy: Eye of Etlich +10% Cold +30% dmg reduction on ranged attacks
    Shoulders: Death Watch or Zakara or Marauder's (no great options in shoulders that have unique affixes)
    Torso: Tyrael's or Shi Mizu or Marauder's (no great options in torso that have unique affixes)
    Belt: String of Ears +30% dmg reduction on melee
    Gloves: Frostburn +15% Cold
    Bracers: Trag'oul (LoH of ~ 2000) (no great options in bracers that have unique affixes)
    Ring #1: SoJ +20% Cold +30% elite dmg
    Ring #2: Occulus, or Eternal Union or BK or that ring that grants -1 to sets
    Pants: Marauders (no great options in pants that have unique affixes)
    Boots: Ice Climbers (no freeze is a winner especially against Izual!) or Boj Anglers +15% EArrow

If I get a few Marauder pieces 3 + ring or 4 pieces, I'll get +500 dex and the all companions at once which would give another decent boost overall to everything

I have a few of the pieces like Etlich and Andariel's but without the cold, so I'd like to enchant this when RoS hits as a stop gap to improve quickly my char

I was ok on T1 with crits around 200k with my old build but now this one just rips everything with crits on 800k-1M dmg, I'll probably move over to T2-3 with this and try it.

One thing that is not yet fixed is my toughness went down from 1.4M to 900K so I do take a bit more dmg and may change the spider to boar (with Marauder's 4 set bonus this will be "fixed") to help in dmg reduction + I don't wear etlich yet either for the +30% ranged dmg reduction

Play style is simple, drop caltrop +10% CC, shoot marked for death in the pack, mix entangling shots and frost arrows while staying far (trigger RoV once in a while with large packs). Playing solo I have to kite sometimes but in groups, this would no longer be much of an issue and I could stay far enough to avoid hairy situations and with Ice climbers, the fact that I don't have to move to avoid frozen makes this much more quick to mow down elites.