Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Show off your Barb!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Crunchy II, Dec 11, 2012. | Replies: 39 | Views: 22502

1. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

I really like to see other people's builds, it can give you ideas. Post links to your Barb here! The image is optional.

Storm

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Crunchy-2522/hero/18971217

[​IMG]

I used sssdrawr's excellent damage calculator to calculate how to gear for the 8.57 ticks/sec main hand and 10 ticks/sec off hand breakpoints for Run Like the Wind and Whirlwind, whilst Wrath of the Berserker is up. My next goal is to get another 2% Increased Attack Speed and switch back to Enchantress so that I still hit the 7.5 ticks/sec main hand and 8.57 ticks/sec off hand breakpoints when Wrath of the Berserker is down.

I'd like to get a Critical Hit Damage Sun Keeper for main hand and swap the Echoing Fury to off hand. This would give me more damage and a nice bonus to Magic Find. If I miss the leech I can always use Bloodthirst. I also want shoulders and helm with 70 All Resistance to boost my Effective Health for higher Monster Power levels.
  2. ooogz

ooogz IncGamers Member

Im still new to the barb scene. Put my monk on hold so I can play with my barb. Even though I have 2000 loh, some life steel and a little regen Im finding it hard to tank on mp4. My attacks per second are on the low side though.
    I think the next upgrade is gonna be bracers with some more crit and all res. Any advice will be appreciated. ( or even good gear donations lol:p )

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ooogz-2395/hero/19530184

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Crunchy II

I'm not a fan of Andariel's Visage, it may give good DPS but you can't get one with vitality and resists. That together with the extra fire damage taken makes higher MP levels much harder.
  4. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

:( I want to post my barb's info here, but I'm a bit of a privacy advocate and what's worse, I have three or four (depends on how you count) different builds I use on my barb depending on what I feel like doing. I guess I'll just give a general overview of each.

First off, I hit paragon level 93 yesterday. I'm not pushing hard for plvl 100 (I'm a little scared I'll run out of desire to play him), but I'm making fairly steady but slow progress. Overall, I've tried to make my gear well-balanced between offense and defense and this has worked pretty well; I can tank anything (except enrage 1-shots. XD) in MP10 ubers and almost any MP10 elite pack combination (health link + reflect damage + electrified + molten may cause problems, and the same combination of succubi make me more than a little scared).

Dual wield whirlwind/sprint is my main build. I use http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahURkP!ZYh!bZZYcc for MP10 & ubers. Fully buffed I hit 219k dps, 45k hp, 8400 armor, 950 physical res, 800-850 all other resistances 9% life steal, and 35.8% chance to dodge. For MP 8 or lower I use rend (ravage) instead of warcry unless another party member needs the buff and use a ruby in my hat for the experience, bringing me to 39k hp, 7050 armor, and 772 (physical) to 674 res. About MP 7 I switch from Bash (Punsh) to Frenzy (Vanguard), and at MP 3-5 I switch Bloodthirst for Boon of Bul-Kathos as monsters tend to die too quickly for me to keep WotB up as easily. For mp 0-2 this build is useless; things die too fast to give me enough fury for WotB. For gear, I use a mighty weapon in my main hand (1100 dps, socket, 3% LS, 121 str), an EF in my off hand (870 dps, +.25 aps, socket, 3% LS, 168 str), IK chest, Lacuni prowlers (78 res, 5% crit chance, 8% attack speed), my beloved self-found Witching Hour (172 str, 38 phys res, 207 armor, 8% ias, 40% chd), IK boots, a SoJ (cold damage, 30% elite damage, non-barb skill), a hellfire ring (185 str, 75 all res, 35 fire res, 4% life, 6% crit chance), and nice rare gloves, shoulders, helm, and amulet. I'm looking for a very nice 1h mace (for higher MP levels where fury is no problem) and a 5% crit mempo, but I really don't have enough gold to buy either one at the moment.

Now my secondary builds! I won't describe them in the same detail.

I have my own brand of weapon throw build I use for rushing people, playing around in low-mp groups, and variety's sake. It does pretty well running mp0/1. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#feURkP!ZYf!aacYcc is the standard skill setup, though I change runes and may drop Sprint, depending on what I'm doing. I use a 1k dps main hand socketed EF a 1k dps, socketed, 41% weapon throw damage Three Hundredth Spear, a 240 strength Andy's, 200 str/60 res/life steal/-5 weapon throw rare belt, and a -4 weapon throw SoJ. Other gear is the same as above. Does about 150k buffed (not wotb) dps and never has to do any real kiting; he can knock back, stun, and slow things to keep them out of his face. With Stagger changed to Strength from the Earth he's a pretty fast rusher; with ~5 enemies he can seismic slam continuously and 1 crit from Mighty throw = 28 net fury regained. I've played with Richochet but I'm still not sure I like it; reliably fury generation is a thing of beauty. Throwing Hammer + Stagger at 2.04 aps (without WotB) makes most fights almost cheesy.

For 2-handed play I use http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#hSURQc!YZh!ZZZYZa with a ~1350 dps, 190 crit chance, 300 strength skorn I won for a whole 2.1 million, ik gloves, ik helm, and -5 rend ik belt. It's really fast at mp0, pretty good at mp1; everything that one pass with whirlwind + sprint doesn't kill evaporates due to rend, and elite packs die to overpower + rend and maybe one whole second of whirling around them. I lose some hp and res with this build, and half my life steal, but it is still enough to make sure even nasty reflects die before my own damage can kill me. The unbuffed dps with that (relative to my dual wield weapons) cheap skorn is ~135k, and the build hits 180k with battle rage and overpower.

My last build is very similar to my first, meant for enabling me to dual-wield on mp0 without losing WotB all the time due to monsters dying too quickly. It maximizes fury regain per second from whirlwind and tornados by having high tick rates, crit chance, and a mighty weapon. Skills look like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhURQP!ZYS!bZZYZc . For equipment I wear my IK helm (pickup radius, 6% ctc), a pair of shoulders not as good as my usuals but also with pickup radius, an 8% attack speed 10% ctc amulet, an 8% attack speed, 6% crit chance ring instead of my SoJ, in my main hand a 1k dps, 11% attack speed, 950 LoH Bul-Katho's Solem Vow, and in my off hand a 1k dps, 11% attack speed, +.25 aps EF. Dps drops to ~66k unbuffed but for mp0 that's more than enough to blaze through monsters, though some elite packs take more time than I'd like.

Whew! That's all of them. For now. As things change I'll without a doubt add more to my repetoir. Hopefully I won't overflow into a second stash page with all this junk though. XD
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

6. jpiron

jpiron IncGamers Member

7. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Lots of gold and multiplication; the higher your dps is, the more dps you'll generally gain from each upgrade, even if the stat difference can sometimes seem relatively small. I would gain ~2k buffed dps from upgrading my 5% cold damage SoJ to a 6% cold damage SoJ. XD
  8. Crunchy II

Try and get a main hand with 100 str, as well as 60 CHD and socket. A mace would be ideal as it has a higher average damage. Upgrade your CHD gems to the very highest you can afford, they make a big difference to damage.

You can sacrifice Effective Health for damage to an extent. The more you damage the more life you leech and the more you out heal the incoming damage. It's why Life Steal is preferred once you get enough damage, it scales with your gear.
  9. Ghoulz

Ghoulz IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ghoulz-1759/hero/28164706

My fully ranged barb. Not much can touch her. Sprint rune works nice to get some distance and dish out extra damage. Seismic Slam completely walls off trash mobs other than the heavy stuff than can't be knocked back. The 70% chance to stun rune works for elites, though I have a little trouble keeping up the fury. Dread Spear for a health/fury boost that resets often due to having 50% crit chance.
  10. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi IncGamers Member

11. xploziv

xploziv IncGamers Member

12. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

13. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hellswraith-1116/hero/29430277

This is a good thread to compare build,gear,etc. That being said this is the first Barb Ive actually had survive past inferno act2. My current farming route is Act 3 craters 1-2, depths level 1-2, fields of misery, Azmodan on MP0. I know my DPS is on the low end but something with Sever is still bugged, my damage numbers hit the millions range and when I kill things my life restores. And yes Im using Frenzy with the Smite roon, its like having a free stun skill and it works on bosses too....
  14. blinkyvv

blinkyvv IncGamers Member

i just use him to farm MP1 A3, hardly die cept to jailerf/freze/arcane combos

> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mikeD-1724/hero/2088031

its a diff build using ground stomp, gear is aimed towards max MF, 73k buffed dps

most mobs are stunned long enough to die due to % bonus to elites dmg cold soj/set bonus
  15. JuiceBox

JuiceBox IncGamers Member

16. Crunchy II

You need a weapon with a socket and the highest emerald you can afford or at least a weapon with Crit Hit Damage, it will give a nice damage boost. The Andariel you are using has 25% extra fire damage taken, that's taken by you, you must have problem against fire damage elites?
  17. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Asmodeous-1189/hero/3662432

Classic sword and board tank barb. Pretty much finished as there is nothing I can upgrade that doesn't involve bank breaking levels of expense per slot.
    85k dps unbuffed before weapon master/ruthless. Fully buffed is 175k dps including enchantress and full frenzy.

I do change his build a bit. Mainly rend/revenge but sometimes I go to nado's WW or Hota either SnB or with a self found 1540dps/110% cd grandfather two hander.
    Solo's mp5 well, mp6 & 7 is slower but still survivable and I usually party up on mp8 or 9 for ubers.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  18. ninja monkey

ninja monkey IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NinjahMonkey-6186/hero/3558005

I've so far been lucky with a couple drops that sold for 40m, managed to buy the current setup on my barb. I can farm MP3 quite comfortably but would like to be faster, and I am stumped on where to make upgrades. My current gold is only 15m, so I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to A. keep saving or B. try upgrade with current amount.
  19. Mrak

Mrak IncGamers Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mrak-1899/hero/5622595 .

SC, everything is self found (I use the AH only for selling things), otherwise the game is not interesting (insofar as D3 can be interesting atm ...). The build is an "all-rounder", it can do everything, but with some time in certain cases. Surely not OP, but this character is funny and challenging to play. The only thing that remain is to wait for some better drops.
  20. Ghoulz

Ghoulz IncGamers Member

This game is too generous to my barbarian. Gotta love a nice immortal king set at no cost to you. Only thing bought were the weapons and amulet.