Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Should I make Harmony in a Chu-Ko-Nu?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ter, Jul 13, 2005. | Replies: 4 | Views: 674

1. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

Should I make Harmony in a Chu-Ko-Nu?

I found a 4 socket one yesterday with my sorceress and I have all the runes to make it so should I bother or should I keep looking for a different bow?

My eventual strafer is currently at level 13 and will eventually use a Buriza I found unless I find something better.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

definitely wait. a chokernu is very slow and low damage. buriza/ballista/col xbow at least has high damage going for it. for any runeword, you should wait for a 4s mat or grand mat bow, which come with a guaranteed +1 bow skills, up to +3. also, any one you find makes a good candidate for either tempering (if you get a low quality one) or the socket recipie.

i also save a few elite 4s bows just in case. shadow, great, hydra etc. would all be good candidates for a runeword, although the +1-3 bow skills from a zon bow is just too good to pass up.

3. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Crossbows have a speed cap, so even a Chu-Ko-Nu will be slower than a slow bow

4. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

Partially true only, it all depends on the amount of ias of your gear. Base Chu-ko-nu would be way faster than a base slow +10 bow.
    That's why chu-ko-nu is recommanded on ranger sorc for example, character on which the emphasis is on +skills, not ias, thus base speed -60 being the optimal choice as you're not trying to reach ias bps.

why make it in a chu-ko-nu when you could make it in a demon crossbow anyway? :)

On whichever char you don't aim for less than 11fps shots, i'd go with demon crossbow rather than blade bow(great bow being out of question to me, as i hate that bow type).
    Now, i guess that's a matter of taste.

But i'd drop the chu-ko-nu, and go with a demon xbow anyway, unless you use the chu-ko-nu to make a "leveling harmony" and not an "end-game harmony".

Now, regarding your strafer directly, buriza would be way better anyway. Dmg is way higher, and with 80% built-in ias, it shots decently fast.

5. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

Thanks...I didn't know about the cap and thought that the -60 weapon speed would make it fast...since it doesn't come with IAS on the Runeword.

as for why on it and not a Demon Crossbow..

2 reasons..

1, I found a Chu-Ko-Nu last night with 4 sockets while I don't have any other bows with 4 sockets on them to choose from so I was wondering if I should spend the runes or save them for later.

2, Demon Crossbow
    Min Level 63
    min Str 141
    min Dex 98

Chu-Ko-Nu
    min level 25
    Min Str 80
    Min Dex 95

I don't want to wait until level 63 to use a runeword where the highest rune Req is 39 and I doubt my amazon will ever hit 141 strength.