Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Sharpshooter passive % crit calculator

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by StrudelStraddler, Mar 23, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 1768

1. StrudelStraddler

StrudelStraddler IncGamers Member

Sharpshooter passive % crit calculator

Hello fellow theorycrafters, just tried my login from ~11 years ago and, surprise, didn't work! So I've registered again since theorycrafting and numbers is the best thing about diablo :thumbup:

I've put together a rough calculator for figuring out how much bonus a DH would get from Sharpshooter passive:

http://www.dgrs.site11.com/sharpshooter calc.html

The biggest potential fallacy that I've based my math on is that a character attacks one time per second, and that may skew the numbers a bit. See what you think!
  2. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: Sharpshooter passive % crit calculator

Nice idea and build too. However I do hope/think that a DH attacks way more than once per second. Would it be an idea to make a variabel of that as well?
  3. StrudelStraddler

StrudelStraddler IncGamers Member

Re: Sharpshooter passive % crit calculator

A high rate of fire would definitely skew the calculations a bit, but I don't want to add that as a variable until I know for sure how the mechanics actually work. From the tooltip it seems that a 3% bonus is being applied as a tick every second, but what if behind the scenes it's actually a continuous growth throughout the second? Then it would have to be accounted for differently.