Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Shahdee - Assassin project ( HC untwinked )

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zaphodbrx, Mar 29, 2013. | Replies: 12 | Views: 1371

1. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Shahdee is based on the character from Prince of Persia:Warrior within. ( Please, please tell me there are other PoP fans out here ). Shahdee from PoP:WW is in many ways their stereotypical female villain, her fighting style is copied by literally every female enemy in the PoP series including Kaileena, Mahasti, other regular female enemies and mini bosses.

Shahdee from PoP ( pic ).
    [​IMG]

When I first played the assassin character I was really reminded of Shahdee for many reasons. She looks the part ( with the revealing outfit and all ), she has kicks and slashing with claws, and whatnot. After completing Prince of persia:forgotten sands a little while back, I thought of making this character with restrictions that she will resemble shahdee. ( I want to go on a mini rant here about PoP:FS, but.. that's a subject for another time ).

Item restrictions

Body armor: Shahdee's 'armor' ( if we can call it that ) is extremely revealing. So only quilted armor type is allowed.

Helmet: Shahdee doesn't wear a helmet. So it's either a circlet type or nothing.

Weapons: Shahdee dual wields some fancy sword. The longsword is probably the most similar from D2, but well, assassins can't dual wield longswords, so claws will do. Only katar and wrist blade type allowed, as they resemble swords.

Other slots: anything

Skill Restrictions

Martial arts:

Fists of fire, Claws of thunder, Blades of Ice, Dragon claw

Shahdee uses two different attack sequences, one ending with a slash at the ankles and another an upthrust that can impale you. It's kind of hard to put in words, but basically she always uses both swords to attack, so only dual wielding abilities will be used. Ie. FoF,CoT,BoI and dragon claw use both claws. Exact point allocation is not decided yet.

Phoenix strike: only for synergy, not to be used ( and I'm kind of tired of them anyway )

Dragon tail: Shahdee only has one kick attack, but it is a pretty devastating blow that can throw you off the cliff if you are not paying attention. The knockback strike is best represented by dragon tail rather than a series of kicks ( talon ).

Dragon flight: Shahdee herself doesn't teleport, but her superior ( Kaileena, empress of time ) uses a lethal teleport+kick attack. So this skill is allowed.

Shadow skills:

Weapon block: Is a characteristic ability of Shahdee, able to block blows by crossing her two swords together.

Cloak of shadows, mind blast, BoS, fade, shadow warrior/master
    Okay these have nothing to do with Shahdee. But I need them to stay alive.

Trap skills:

None. Shahdee doesn't use any traps or any ranged attacks ( bladefury ).

Current progress

Completed Act 1 normal, level 21

Current equipment:

quilted armor ( 2x chipped topaz )
    2x katar, socketed with jewel of envy and chipped emerald
    The hand of broc gloves
    Random blue belt, boot, etc. Head slot empty.

Current skills:

10 fists of fire
    1 Dragon tail, claws of thunder, fade, shadow warrior, weapon block, CoS, etc.

Finds:

Hand of broc: Nice dual leech gloves
    Torch of Iro: Not useful for this character, but it's a grailer for me in SC.
    Clegaws gloves ( Andariel )
    Topaz ( Andariel )

Screenshots:

Andariel

To do:

Okay I'll probably need some help here..

Going to start: normal Act 2

Fists of fire seems to have some problem with dragon tail. It doesn't always release the charges, or something.
    Also I'm not happy with damage of FoF, but 1 point CoT seemed worse..

Need to get more lightning resist somehow ( ugh scarabs )

Hire A2 prayer merc and cube a savage polearm for him.
    (Should I get the cube first or do we need Horadric scroll from Radamant? )

This post will be updated with progress. Hopefully no deeds!
  2. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

FoF does great damage in Normal if maxed past that it's useless.

For the lightning resist you can gamble Amber Circlet (up to +40%). Just make sure you're level 22 or higher so the Circlets pop up more frequently in the gambling window.

Pretty much any Poleaxe or Pike gamble will get you through Act II easy so it's not necessary to rush for the Cube first.

GL with the project :thumbup:
  3. felixbavaria

felixbavaria IncGamers Site Pal

Nice project, gotta love untwinked themed characters.

I'd max CoT from now on, it outshines FoF after you put some points in it, and with your mana steal you shouldn't have problems sustaining it. The good thing about CoT is that the effects of the three charges strike independent of each other, so you can hit with straight lightning damage PLUS nova PLUS charged bolts.
  4. zaphodbrx

Actually I was thinking of getting blades of ice instead.
    Only have a few respecs as an untwinked character, so what would you say is the strongest for normal/nightmare? CoT or BoI?
  5. felixbavaria

Damage wise CoT is stronger, because BoI works like 1. Charge = straight damage 2. Charge = AoE 3. Charge = freeze effect, so no additional damage by charges. Honestly I don't have much experience with BoI, though, I've only used Phoenix Strike and used it's synergies for leveling in early game.
  6. Korlic

Korlic IncGamers Member

Isnt FoF the one that gives meteor? Pretty handy on bosses right?
  7. zaphodbrx

Nope, you were thinking of phoenix strike. FoF doesn't give meteors.
  8. felixbavaria

3rd FoF charge gives ground fire though (like firewall but in a circular area).
  9. AntAnkh

AntAnkh IncGamers Member

Nope, haven't seen any. *whistles casually*
  10. zaphodbrx

This is taking longer than I thought. Anyway i completed Radamant and the horadric cube. Using claws of thunder now.
    Cubed two savage polearms. One is battle scythe of quality, but it'll be a while before he can equip that. Another is a halberd and he can wear that now.

What level should I gamble circlets? Now lvl 23. I tried gambling but circlets never showed up.

Also, normal claws can't spawn with staffmods, right? However if we use chippy gem recipe on exceptional blues claws, there are chances of getting staffmods? I'm saving up all the chippies.
  11. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Circlets have qlvl24 which means they start showing up in the gambling window at clvl20 but are extremely rare. At clvl22 they should be quite practical to gamble (from personal experience I would say ~1/20-30 refreshes of the gamble window there should be one).

IIRC all the claws up to Hand Scythe (the exceptional version of Cestus) cannot spawn with staff mods. Hand Scythes are pretty a bad base weapon (at least compared to Greater Claws and Greater Talons) so if you plan on rerolling for staff mods you should consider Greater Claws [-20WSM] and ideally Greater Talons [-30WSM].

I'm not sure what was the cap of the Act V Normal NPCs items, but I think it was 45, this means you should be able to shop Greater Claws from Normal Anya after clvl40. But don't quote me on this one, someone has to confirm it.

- Edit: I just reread the restrictions and realized you can't use GC and GT. That means you need to wait for a Suwayyah to drop.

- Edit2: This guide should help more than me, I suppose.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  12. zaphodbrx

Dang, shame about the staffmod thing.
    I tried about 30 times to get a circlet in the gambling window and failed. Who cares, I'll just wait for one to drop.
    Finished maggot lair.
  13. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal