Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Servers down, time for a post on what I'd like to see changed

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Matt, Jul 3, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 893

1. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

No, this isn't another "d3 is broken gib moar shakoz and pvp' thread.

Things which I'd like to see changed, most of which I suspect will be, as they seem to be oversights. I'm well aware most of these have been posted before, but the servers are down, so why not.

* I want to be able to hover items on my 'completed' tab in the AH and see them. Believe it or not, I don't remember the name of the item I found an hour ago and posted for sale, so a list of 349 rare names doesn't help

* Losing NV stacks between acts is silly. I'm fine with losing them if you skill-swap, especially with added bonuses to rare drops for bosses,as I think that's a pretty good balance of incentive to kill champs and bosses, rather than one or the other. But I'd like to be able to, for example, keep my 5stack NV after killing Azmodan, and head into act 4 and keep MFing there, rather than feeling like it's more worth my while to start a new game closer to another act boss and get a quick 5-stack for him.

* I'd like to see individual resists boosted, and resist-all toned down a bit. As it stands now, everyone is after the same formula of +main stat//+vit//+resist all. By boosting individual resists, you get a little more variety, because people would begin to mix and match the gear, filling holes with different individual resists rather than feeling like resist-all is the only viable resistance mod.

* A 'servers will be going down' notice prior to hotfixes and "emergency" server maintenance. As a hardcore player, this is particularly important to me. I haven't personally lost any characters to surprise maintenance yet, but I know people that have, and I've been dropped unexpectedly for it while I happen to be in town. Lag is going to exist, and I accept that it's a largely uncontrollable variable when I click the hardcore box on my new character. Server maintenance shouldn't be. Give us a 60 second warning to get to town or something at least!

*Give the demon-hunters a skill to escape jailer/frozen a little better! Perhaps I'm mistaken on this one, as I haven't played them too extensively, but I don't know that there's an 'emergency button' for them. As a fragile character, they're very dangerous to play HC, all the other classes have SOMETHING (WoTB for barbs, teleport for wizards, etc)

I guess that's about it. I expect some of these will be fixed in patches, and by and large, I think D3 is a great game, superior to D2 in most ways (endless baal runs? no thanks), just a couple of my thoughts on things.

oh yeah... d3 is broken gib moar shakoz and pvp!!!11!
  2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

One of the many reasons Smoke Screen is a permanent staple for every DH >_>

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Absolutely, but unless I'm mistaken, it still won't get you unfrozen/out of jailer like the abilities many other classes have?

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Unless something's changed, it does.

5. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Revert Dashing Strike back to how it was in the early beta, where you could actually use it as a movement skill...
  6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Ahh, scratch that one then. I'm already making progress on fixing the things in my list! :whistling:

7. Sky Tan

Sky Tan IncGamers Member

and please dun WALL me inside the WALL
  8. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Personally, I'm okay with tons of walls/freeze lock, adds some challenge! What I'm not a fan of is the invunerable minions. I don't think it should be nerfed or taken out necessarily, but man those guys hurt.