Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Sentry - Multiple turrets up?

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Kebel, May 2, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1458

1. Kebel

Kebel IncGamers Member

Sentry - Multiple turrets up?

Is there a limit on how many can be up at a same time if I have enought discipline to place multiple ones? Only videos I have seen feature just one placed down.

edit: Alright. I found some info for this on my own but its nothing definitive thought wiki. Nobody has been able to try this skill on beta either to check this.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. Greystone

Greystone IncGamers Member

Re: Sentry - Multiple turrets up?

I could be wrong, but most of the recent videos I have seen suggest that you can only have 1 summon out of a given kind vs being able to have multiple of the same.
  3. Incompetent

Incompetent IncGamers Member

Given it only costs 10 Discipline, lasts 30+ seconds and (AFAIK) can't be killed by monsters, unlimited turrets would be pretty imba in a boss fight. But it doesn't actually specify the limit on the description, whereas most pet skills do. Hopefully this is just an oversight in the text.

Compare with Hydra, which is a very similar skill with similar damage output, but with a definite limit of 1 Hydra at a time.
  4. Kebel

Kebel IncGamers Member

I was asking exactly because desription doesn't give an answer. Also turrets duration can be doubled with Custom Engineering. But that way it would lead to turret forests being planted which ould be cheesy but thats the only way one could really play "healing hunter" or "invicible hunter".

With just base skills of preparation and sentry one could have 6 turrets already, thats not including any runes or +discipline gear. But how else can we play trapsassin in D3? :(
  5. Greystone

Greystone IncGamers Member

Well the turret isn't really a trap. You have caltrops, trip mine etc for a trapper style build.
  6. Kebel

Kebel IncGamers Member

I know. Sentries were effectively the the only type of trap in D2 thought. I'm just hoping i can somewhat recreate the old trapper style later.
  7. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

I was wondering the same question, but i could almost bet that you can't have multiple up or at least the amount is limited. Proper passives, preparation and some planning you could get 30 turrets up simultaneously no problem.
  8. NotaBot

NotaBot IncGamers Member

I have a strong suspicion based on its runes that its a one shot deal .