Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Screenshots of duped/bugged/prepatch items that still exist on realms

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by fledgeling, Mar 25, 2012. | Replies: 22 | Views: 13328

1. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

Screenshots of duped/bugged/prepatch items that still exist on realms

Please note that this board is against using hacks, or hacked items, but we should simply admit that they exist.
    A lot of legit players do not even know about this and it is hard for them to compete in public duels, when they do not even know what to expect.

Duped, bugged and prepatch items are mostly a thing of the past - that exist on Non-Ladder realms, although argueably High Runes are also copied on ladder realms. I do not play ladder, so I am not sure if 3 20 20, perfect annihilus charms etc. are copied on ladder, but I guess they are, because one can found copied version on non ladder.

In addition, people posses lots of legit, prepatch items, with modifiers that cannot spawn any more. The purpose of this thread is just to inform legit players, that certain items still exist on the realms.
    Please post screenshots/stats with information if the items still exist and information if they are legit/descriptions.

General guide:
    Bugged item - item that should not spawn, yet it somehow spawned on realms. Those items can be divided into two groups:
    imported items - in the past (and according to rumors up to this day, IMO the rumors are wrong)- hackers could directly upload items into battle.net servers. Consequently, those items had incredible stats and each had a different item number, thus they will not dissapear (are "perm").
    real bugged items - created by some mistake of the server; all those items have the same item number, consequently all the items on the realm are "unperm" - not permament copies of them (examples: bugged Snatchii gloves)

Unperm items - this means that item is a copy of another item; everything can be copied, but unless it is a jewel/rune that is put into a slot, it will dissapear when flagged by the server while leaving the game. Consequetnly there are two types of duplicated items - permanent ones, which are mostly a thing of the past, when hackers could easily create items with different numbers (or created items before such numbering was introduced by blizzard); and unperm items, that all have the same item number.
    (special care is required to maintain the unperm items - before leaving each game a trade window has to be opened in order to get rid of the deletion flag on the item -> when the window is opened a player should leave game immediatelly).

1.08/prepatch items - items that can either be legit, or duped and contain modifiers (mods) that cannot spawn any more; 20fhr boots, -40% lower requirements for classic items.
    They are often perm, 1.08 dupes; but unperm copies of them exist.

Hybrid runewords - runewords where the runes of one runeword are exchanged for runes of another - e.g. "grief of doom" berserker axe - the item has the runeword properties of grief, but the runes are from doom which means that the properties given by runes (not rueneword) are different - often better. Those items are perm and provided by shops for real cash. Not sure how they are created, but popular in the public BvX BvB scene.

Zodbugged items - another thing of the past; in previous patches, one could put a ZOD rune in an ethereal item (e.g. eth shako) and then remove the ZOD rune from the item -> the item would remain both ethereal and indestructible. This is no longer possible and apparently only few people did this in the past, thus such items are rare (although as always, unperm copies also exist)

There are unperm copies of perfect items - e.g. 20/20 annis, 3 20 20 jewels etc. but I guess everyone knows this.

Here is a collection of items I posses:

BUGGED ITEMS:

"bug-belt"
    [​IMG]
    The belt has some really incredible stats and only few builds would prefer arachnid belt over it.
    Both unperm and permanent copies of the belt exist.
    The belt was uploaded into battle.net servers by hackers years ago. Now (other?) hackers copy it and trade those belts.
    Only availible on Europe realm as far as I know.

Bug gloves aka Snatchii gloves aka Steelclash gloves
    [​IMG]
    The gloves are a real "bug" as far as I know - there was some glitch in the server and they were spawned.
    Hackers copied them and only unperm versions exist, because each copy has the same number as the original pair. A lot of FOH players use them.

Bugged Atmas Boots
    [​IMG]
    IMO those boots are generally useless; Ive never seen a build that can utilize them; perhaps some sort of a tele-javazon/necro.
    As far as I know, no permanent copies exist,

Shady items - in theory those are 1.08 items, but they are often duped - it is very hard to learn if one is legit (basically only from a player who played the game few years ago) or a typical unperm copy that can dissapear at any time after leaving the game, unless special care is taken for them, as above (please note that all my items in this thread apart the 1.08 azurewrath, are unperm):

1.08 Valkirie Wing
    [​IMG]
    Ive read that this item is very popular on west realm; I guess some builds could benefit from the quite decent mods.

1.08 highlord's wrath amulet
    [​IMG]
    Has 30 faster run walk instead of 20 ias.
    Both legit and unperm versions exist. Very expensive.

Viper Gyre ring (pre-lod -> classic dupe)
    [​IMG]
    The ring is not very popular in LOD, much more popular in classic, due to the massive LR stack.
    Both legit and unperm versions exist.

Typical, perfect duped jewel- 40% ed, 15 ias
    [​IMG]
    Guess everyone has seen them. Legit versions exist, but I do not think that in such quantity...

Legit 1.08 azurewrath that I posses - they do not spawn any more.
    [​IMG]
    Completely useless

I had a whole character made of classic dupes, unfortunately I lost it and the screenshots I have are in Polish.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Wow. That belt especially is just absurd.
  3. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Re: Screenshots of duped/bugged/prepatch items that still exist on realms

Awesome. Great stuff. Thanks fledgeling
  4. juju

juju IncGamers Member

would like to see some more of these old items :crazyeyes:
  5. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

1.08 Valks are very popular on East as well, mostly for the more expensive 102 fcr trappers where the fcr, ias, fhr, and frw are all enormously useful. There are a couple dozen very expensive perm copies and many many many unperms that are often being sold as perm copies.

East doesn't have bug belts or Snatchii's. I don't know about the Atma's boots; those are new to me.

1.08 Azurewrath is used in low level dueling by some chargers I think... though I'm not sure that it is better than Cleglaw's Tooth; level 18 isn't my thing.

View attachment 1154
    This is a zod bugged (zbug: ethereal with a zod socketed and then removed in a patch where the Indestructible mod remained) chaos suwayyah. There used to be a lot of these made into Fury but as whirlwind sin strategy has evolved those have largely gone out of style and second copies sold to remake into Chaos. I understand that all of these on West are unperm. On Europe there are 2 perm zbug chaoses but I don't know if unperm copies are floating around. On East there are ~20 perm (but duped in a previous patch) zbug suwayyahs as well as common unperm copies. Perm copies are all enormously expensive and unperms are frequently sold as perm copies to the unwary. These are of course the cat's meow for ghosts and other ww-based sins. Some hybrid sins use them as well but may benefit more from a really nice legit base with +3 LS and other staffmods.

View attachment 1155
    Bmana (bug mana) small charm: 15 life 70 mana "football" graphic small charm and the origin of the name "bmana" for football graphic small charms. As far as I know, these exist only on East. Most are unperms, including charms being offered as perm. Legitimate perm copies are very very expensive. These are very useful for any build that is involved in a long, drawn-out duel, such as team dueling, and ES sorcs in any situation.

View attachment 1157
    Wizzy gloves: gloves with the stats of Wizard Spike glitched into them. These are all unperm and exist on West. The uses are obvious; any build that needs fcr can slap these on to gain huge mana, resall, and fcr.

View attachment 1158
    Btal: Bugged Tal Rasha's Guardianship with +2 all skills, 25% frw, 40% all res, and 25% frw. There are a very few perm copies on East and more unperms being sold as perm. I don't know about other servers. These are mainly used on sorcs but also have seen use on smiters and v/ts that don't feel the need to have teleport. All uses for Btal's are somewhat dubious; there are lots of other hard-to-obtain stats one can get from the chest slot.

I'm done for now; I could probably remember a few others but I'm bored and getting hungry.

Edit: tried to resize pictures (why are they all scaled down so horribly?) but got irritated before I succeeded, sorry.
  6. fledgeling

Thank you for the interesting post Karth.
    I guess those bmana charms help ES sorcs a lot..

Your post rreminded me that on Europe softcore NLD, zodbugged fury collossus blades are quite common. I dont BvB in LOD so I dont know if they are any good; I assume greif is better.

That would be 1.09 azurewrath; which has 50% deadly strike.
    An eth-self repair war hammer is simply better nowadays.

Bugged tal armors are also quite popular on Europe; perm and unperm copies exist.

7. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

ES sorcs love the bmanas. I think GM rules limit them to a maximum of ~13 for fairly obvious reasons. They're also, like I said, very helpful for TvT/drawn-out duels for people who can either afford them or are willing to use (and knowingly pay for) unperms.

Ahh, I think there are a (very) few of those zbug Fury swords on east as well. I don't know enough about BvB to speculate on why they aren't used more often, but I understand people dislike the bleeding/l8z style of dueling they promote.

You're right about the 1.09 azurewrath... maybe I should just let other people talk about things I'm less familiar with. >_<
  8. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

And this is why one chooses to SP ;) interesting thread though!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?575127-1-07-News-Info-and-Gossip

Quite a large part of the SP community have travelled back to older patches to find this kinda stuff. This thread is a true library of knowledge (and show-offs in some cases) :smug:

9. fledgeling

I dont know why one would resort to playing single player. You cant duel in single player and for me, without duels the game would be very boring - I dont understand how could they remove duels from D3 (with the lack of social aspect in battle.net 2.0 and 4 players in game, lack of game list... d3 will be a disaster). Most people on the single player board seem to omit battle.net because it is full of "bugged items", which in fact are not that common and then what they do - they go to patch 1.07 as pointed above and try to get good items to convert them to 1.13? Arent they cheating? When you play on battle.net you cannot go back to previous patch, so you can only use the items you find yourself.
    You dont have to trade, so you wont get those prepatch/bugged items.

In fact, few years ago I tried open battle.net just to see how it looks like. The duels were an incredible race of arms:
    the items were so incredibly hacked, that melee duels were impossible (level 255 thorns + autocast iron maiden), spells did not work (100% absorb I think), so it was bow vs bow. I remember I saw an assasin using multilpleshot and my computer crashed when she tried to show me her bow. I dont know why you are complaining about non-ladder, where most of those items can be obtained sooner or later - in some cases, sadly only in unperm form.
  10. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

people duel in SP. they (we) also trade. i dont know anyone who'd go on to open battle.net without expecting the shenanigans you encountered. FoE wasnt complaining about anything, he was giving a resource of already existing screenshots/item readouts. bugged items are not quite the same as items from previous patches.
  11. kestegs

You've obviously got a few misconceptions, so let me try to straighten them out a bit.

You can duel in SP through TCP/IP or other means, there is a very active and legit dueling scene in the Single player forum. There will be PvP in D3, it is just delayed so that they can perfect the system.

Most people don't omit Bnet because of hacks, but it is one of the reasons. It's not my reason. Bots, hacks, cheats, dupes, and bugged items is a good reason. It also has a lot to do with play style.

Blizzard made patch 1.07 and every other patch, they also designed how items transfer between patches, we are not doing anything that the game makers did not plan for or put in place themselves.

Open Bnet is a joke, going there is a waste of time and not recommended for many reasons. The SPF

edit: partially ninja'd there.

12. fledgeling

I find it quite hypocrytic when you claim that batte.net is full of bugged items, when in fact there are only few of those left (+ the hybrid runewords); while on the other hand you claim that "blizzard allowed transfer over patches" - their idea was to do it once; not to farm them in 1.07 and transfer for 1.13 duels. In fact you are doing exactly the thing for which you acccuse battle.net players - abusing patch 1.07 to transfer items to current patch - this is not possible in batte.net, becasue battle.net only has the latest patch. Some old, prepatch items still exist, but they are very rare; while the single player community, seems to enjoy farming the items in previous patches. Dont know if you use them in duels, but I think that this farming thing is actually a form of cheating - that cannot be done on battle.net. Also, as far as I know, one can run a bot on single player too - but it is quite pointless, becasue items can be simply made on single player via an item editor (what is impossible on bnet - at least to the general population).
    I would be grateful though, if some mod could move this discussion to some other thread.
  13. kestegs

Yea, it's obvious our views differ on what is cheating and what is not, I really wasn't trying to start a debate, just trying to clear up some misconceptions. I have nothing against Bnet, I played there for many years and had a lot of fun. I do agree that the discussion doesn't really need to happen here. It probably doesn't really need to happen anywhere else either, so I'm not going to move it. Feel free to PM me if any further discussion is necessary, or PM Kijya if you'd rather.
  14. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Couple screenies from old times.

1.07 Shako - this thing is actually cool. On high life character it can add 1000+ life easy.

1.07 Arkaine's Valor - no matter how cool it looks on paper it's almost useless in practice. Up to this day I didn't find any use for this armor. Note that "faster hit recovery" actually translates into 30 fhr. Cool but yeah, kinda useless.

fledgeling don't worry. No one said that bnet is full of bugged/old items. There are some, but no really big deal. I found/have most of those old gems, such old Valk, 1.08 BKWB, HLW etc. But it's not like you will go in 1.07 and go all happyfarming mode. Getting those items is really, really hard and luck dependent, so people getting those items have every right to use them wherever they want. Just cause you can't do it on bnet doesn't mean it's cheating.

If someone says I shouldn't use my Cham'd 1.07 Valk on my pvp trapper I'd say lol. Why not? It's legit item found on legit way. Only real difference between patch progress on SP and bnet is that we have control over it. You got those rare prepatch items the same way we got them. Form of cheating? No. Cheesy? Yes. And about editors and similar crap, don't bother. People using those are stupid by nature and scouted so so easy. I remember there was long time bnet player (can't remember name) and he decided to join SP. He used hacks and he was found out and banned.
    SP has much more "hax" then bnet for sure, but there is difference between "hax" (in terms of overpowered and really hax items) and "hacked" items. And only real issue I have with bnet are bots and some general mentality of people that I've seen over youtube videos and such.

Curious, are there any old Shakos on bnet? I haven't really read anywhere that some of more known prepatch items like Shako exist on bnet so just asking..
  15. fledgeling

I havent seen such a shako and it looks absurd.. I wonder if people still have it - I had every classic unique (I didnt play LOD).. guess someone should have such a shako - but never seen it traded.
  16. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I understand there are a very small number of them on East and that they do not see the light of day.
  17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Maybe you think so because life per level bonuses and life from vit bonuses aren't BOable? +2 skills and fhr are certainly excellent mods for a sorc and as you still seem to have that armor on a patch level of 1.07, there's no CtA and Enigma which adds another few reasons give it to non-sorc casters. At the level of the character in your screenshot, it will add 602 life to a sorc, necro or druid, 817 to a paladin, amazon or assassin and 1032 life to a barb (non-BOable, as already said). Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but I don't think there's an armor which can add that much life together with the other bonuses and that includes characters who have BO.

It's not a classic unique. A shako is an elite item and in classic, there are no exceptional and elite uniques and set items (there are no elite items at all in classic, to be presice). It's from the first expansion patch, 1.07.

18. fledgeling

I did not write that shako is a classic unique. I wrote that when LOD came out I used to be a pure classic player - and I collected every possibile classic unique (including the useless ones). I assume that there should be players in LOD who did the same (collected every unique incl the useless ones).. and shako is actually quite useful, so a lot of people should have one or more - so I wonder why I never saw it traded. Did blizzard change the stats of items while introducing the patches? Maybe they did it for 1.07, but did not for 1.08??

19. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

On bnet, 1.07 wasn't in use for long or not at all, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe that's why there aren't many of them :D. That's different on SP, of course.
  20. kestegs

From what I understand it was only a limited beta or something, as I think when the expansion went live it was 1.08 A lot of the 1.07 and 1.08 uniques have the same stats though, I think 1.08 shako is the same as 1.07

here is another 1.07/1.08 unique:
    [​IMG]