Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Scoundrel freeze build

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Arirmind, Mar 16, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 8103

1. Arirmind

Arirmind IncGamers Member

2. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

Works just fine. May be hard to find a Star of Azkaranth with Freeze because the Hardcore market is smaller than Softcore.

I use a Buriza scoundrel with no Star and it works great.
  3. Malentros

Malentros IncGamers Member

Buriza is also much cheaper on HC than SC (esp for low freeze proc %). My theory is that in HC, one purpose of a Merc is to kill the few things on your screen should you d/c in reasonable circumstances, and people are unwilling to rely on a proc to keep you alive rather than straight dps. Once you get a high proc %, prices go back up because then you can rely on it more to lessen incoming damage when you d/c.

Just a theory though...
  4. slyraje

slyraje IncGamers Site Pal

Well, if you're playing on a low mp, definitely better to have a follower capable of killing more. A high mp d/c would probably benefit a lot more from the crowd control.

I guess mp2+ fall outside the scope of reasonable circumstances altogether.
  5. Arirmind

Bought "sweet" 100dps buriza with 9,9% freeze for mere 25k. That alone feels enough. I have one mf-attack speed ring and other jewelry is just mf. Buriza + crit aura + other minor crowd control skills makes scoundrel clearly the best. Is there a reason to run another follower on hc if you have access to low buriza?
  6. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

Templar = Resource Regen passive
    Enchantress = Armor and Aspd passive
    Scoundrel = Crit Chance passive

Enchantress is probably the most popular and versatile follower. You can equip a big 2hander for DPS. You can equip her with a Maximus to proc a Demon follower for tanking. You can equip a Grand Vizier which does decent DPS and high MF/GF. You can even equip an Azurewrath to have her freeze bad guys too!
  7. Arirmind

Templar feels weakest. Usually resource regen is found naturally as you upgrade gear and for his heals my argument is that healing couple thousand life when you are in trouble is not necessary better than all other crowd control that scoundrel and sorceress offers.

Enchantress might be most defencive follower there is but with buriza + ias jewelry i feel that scoundrel can compete with crowd control AND give that sweet crit aura. Dirty fighting is not bad at all either.