Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sacrifice + Redemption pally

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Rejiu-II, Aug 4, 2004. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1368

1. Rejiu-II

Rejiu-II IncGamers Member

Sacrifice + Redemption pally

I'm wondering if this is viable. Redemption is a good way to get life/mana quick, especially when supplied constantly with corpses. What better way to supply corpses via the hard-hitting sacrifice? Plus, the 15% damage synergy isn't that bad.

I'm working on one now, he's level 23. It's quite difficult, until level 30, when redemption becomes available and the synergies for sacrifice kick in.

Right now I'm putting a few points into prayer to make up for life lost using sacrifice. I'm using this through cleansing, which is handy. Only one point in this.

It was kind of a mistake though, because the 6 points in prayer I have don't do enough to recover for lost life, unless you're very, very slow, and you walk everywhere. These points could have gone into my now level 12 sacrifice, and I could have just toughed it out with potions.

So I'm planning max sacrifice, max redemption, max holy shield, and the rest into defiance.

I'm wondering if anyone's tried this, and if they've had much success at all.
  2. xavier_pg

xavier_pg Banned

sacri pally

You are not the first one to try this my dueling buddy is tryin to make one now, currently lvl 50 and he does fine in pvp and pvm, I'll check back later when he is a higher lvl and tell u how it goes
  3. Wingspan

Wingspan IncGamers Member

I made one of these suckers on last ladder season and emme tell you, you level FAST once you are doing thousands of damage at lvl 40 and 50. In duels it is not surprising to win in one hit vs non pros. I am confused why you don't use fanatacism though. You can't use redemption as your main aura, you will run out fo corpses really fast, you need to "apply as necessary"
  4. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

use prayer =D
  5. mrp935

mrp935 IncGamers Member

I'm with Wingspan on this one.

I've been thinking of making one of these chars for a while now, but only recently actually started (now clvl5)

My biggest concern with any build is Attack Rating, and Sacrifice doesn't add much of it. 7% per slvl, compared to Zeal or Vengeance which each give 10%

You can't NOT max
    Sacrifice
    Redemption
    Fanaticism (for synergy, and as main aura)

I'd say at least 4 in zeal (although very un-purist) mostly for low-life situations where u need to leech some life back FAST; the damage synergy from sacrifice will really help in this function, I think.

Maybe max blessed aim for passive AR bonus; as much as I hate having to do so, you're gonna need to hit every swing, (almost as important as killing in one hit) or else it'll hurt.

Rest into everyone's fav. HolyShield.

Sound good?
  6. Wingspan

Wingspan IncGamers Member

I agree that holy shield is a good choice for this one. 4 in zeal is prolly not a bad idea, though I never had AR issues while using Sac/Fanat most of the time. I would reccomend a defensive merc of some kind. Then throw ur extra points into defiance or blessed aim, whicever u need more.
  7. foh pally

foh pally IncGamers Member

ok my buds done with his sacrifice pally and he does pretty good in pvp, he maxed sacrifice, holyshield, fanat, defiace, with a pt or two into salvation. he changes auras depending on what he's duelin but his char can handle alot.
  8. Webbo

Webbo IncGamers Member

if ur gonna be using HoZ then you'd just need 1 pt in zeal

just a lil tip for savin some points
  9. Nausicaa

Nausicaa IncGamers Member

What weapon would be a good idea for this build PvM?
  10. xts3

xts3 IncGamers Member

You're probably looking at weapons with high minimum damages for the leech since leech only effects physical damage, also with lifetap weapon to cast level 5 lifetap on switch (97 charges), they can be found on kris type weapons in nightmare and hell shops. The sacrificer should be no problem with lifetap kris on switch. I use one for my frostzealot and my barb merc never dies to anything then certain hard uniques or bosses in hell. It sure beats the hell out of paying/trading for draculs and exile, esp since you can cast it whenever you want on any group of monsters for a slight hit to your pocket in repair bill. Which should be no problem. BTW the level requirment on a kris of level5 lifetap is level 24 so you can start using it early if you can find someone who's fairly high level in NM (act5 shops 100% sure thats where I got mine from mala) or hell (most acts I think??) to 're-roll' the items in the shops until he finds one and buys one for you. Should be easy to find with a little patience. I think they are around 25K.