Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sacrifice build

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by skien, Apr 14, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 835

1. skien

skien IncGamers Member

Sacrifice build

I haven't decided on which class I will play first it is a toss up between the witch doctor and the monk, I will probably level a monk for PVP but at the moment I'm looking for a class to farm with and I've concocted a build around sacrifice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WZYTVS!aTd!cbcYZc

The theory is that you run into a large group of mobs set out locusts, grasp of the dead detonate all four dogs, re-summon dogs then rotate between DPS spells, grasp of the dead, kiting the groups while detonating a dog every 12 seconds. The meat of the dps comes from the sacrifice and toads which are both free, so in my opinion it's a perpetual grinder, but it lacks defensive abilities and regen which I'm very worried about. In hell and inferno whether or not his face gets torn off depends a lot on how pet threat works, if I can keep the mobs chasing me then it will optimize the dps. But if the mobs sick straight onto the dogs and gargantuan they will die and I will lose a lot of DPS.

For gear at the moment I'd be thinking a slow hard hitting weapon, assuming APS doesn't multiply damage on spells like sacrifice and locust swarms. I think MF'ing will be difficult in hell and inferno so a build that is built around kiting could take some stress away from losing your good DPS gear.

Ideas would be great, also if anyone has any resources on how spell cast rates, damage and pet-threat a link would be greatly welcomed.
  2. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Re: Sacrifice build

Not sure if you're aware, but Sacrifice actually kills ALL your currently-summoned Zombie Dogs, so it's going to be hard to detonate one reliably every 12 seconds :p.

Sacrifice is a skill which has intrigued many others and they have also tried to brainstorm ways to make that skill as consistent as possible. You should check out this thread because it's full of ideas: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?825129-Best-Consistent-Sacrifice-WD-Ever!!!
  3. skien

skien IncGamers Member

Re: Sacrifice build

ah it's right there in the tooltip banish your zombie dogS plural, haha silly me. Thanks mate, reading it now.