Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Running game without CD

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Excalibur, Sep 10, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 6327

1. Excalibur

Excalibur IncGamers Member

Edit: I just moved all the mpq files and it worked.

Hi guys,

This was the best place I found to open this topic so sorry if I still failed to find the proper forum. My problem lies that I can not run the game without a cd despite following the instructions. Didn't find the solution on the pinned threads either.

I performed a full installation and I updated to the latest patch but I was still unable to play without Cd. At first, I didn't mind but recently my DVD rom is making weird noises each time a disk is in it that pisses me off.

So having the latest patch and a clean full installation the next thing I should do was to copy this file "D2MUSIC.MPQ" from the original D2 disc and put it on the Diablo2 folder. It also mentioned that I had to copy the same file from the LOD disk. But in that case it just replaced the old one. Thing is that this file was already there for me. Ignoring the files I already had, I just replaced them with the ones from the disks. Although, the no cd thing didn't work, hopefully nothing was broken and I was still able to run the game with a CD.

So can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong? :(
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. SoM

SoM IncGamers Member

i did the same, it still won't let me, but what i've noticed is even when the LoD CD is in the drive it's not being accessed at all even when playing cinematics.

EDIT: glad it worked out for you, i guess it don't matter for me since i have 2 drives
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  3. Excalibur

Excalibur IncGamers Member

Hey mate,

These are all the mpq files I have and it works. Perhaps you can check your own directory to see if you are missing something.

[​IMG]