Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ROS: No enchanting of current items...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Grishok, Feb 5, 2014. | Replies: 22 | Views: 2435

1. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Currently, items enchant values that are equivalent to the item's level. However, there's a major change coming in the next build, and this thread was the most appropriate to communicate it in given the topic at hand.

In the next Beta patch, Legacy items (or items that drop prior to Patch 2.0.1) will no longer be able to be enchanted. This was a decision we ultimately made because certain Legacy items, when enchanted, became disproportionately strong compared to new items, which isn't the intent.

However, there's an interesting "bug," if you'd like to call it, that will result from this change in the next Beta patch - all items gained up until the patch will no longer be able to be enchanted. This is an artifact of the fix implementation, and we felt it prudent to communicate this as soon as we could for those of you in the Beta. All items that drop in Patch 2.0.1 and forward will be able to be enchanted, so this shouldn't be an issue as we move into the live patch and onward to the expansion launch.

*Edited in some additional clarification*

Edited by Nevalistis on 2/4/2014 8:13 PM PST

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11306220847?page=2

There goes rerolling INT on my WH to DEX :eek: Really glad I didn't try to buy a crit mempo though!

Can't say I'm sad, probably a good decision in the end. Fresh start without AH, without $$, I approve.
  2. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

I'm really excited about a fresh start. Currently I don't have a lot of gold and i'm not trying to plan for RoS. I'm playing the game the way it is for the next 6-7weeks. I'll worry about RoS when it comes.

I agree it seems like a good decision on Blizzards part. Good info thanks for sharing.
  3. Young

Young IncGamers Member

Wow, I'm glad I haven't bought anything for the purposes of enchanting it. A couple friends of mine were on a spree yesterday buying up chakram resource reduction gear. Apparently chakram is all the rage in the PTR!
  4. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I had a feeling they were going to do something along the lines of a clean server reset - ala ladder wipe - before Ros went live.. Ive played the PTR and I made a level 1-60 monk on all self found items so I don't think this will be a problem really. Don't read the Bnet forums though, people going APE S*** over there, lmao...
  5. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

People go ape over everything... They don't even need an excuse.
  6. TheDarkSide

Edit - removed Rick Roll - LOL
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  7. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

With the nerf to t1 it is completely feasible to get to t1 with just rares in beta so I am ok with this and it really forces you to use all the new shinies that drop.
  8. TheDarkSide

I was bored as the live server was down and hopped into the PTR to try TORMENT for the first time. With this Barb that I currently play the live server up to Mp4 fairly easily---> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hellswraith-1116/hero/39174604

And I was destroyed and killed almost as soon as I stepped off the Wp of the Darkwoods by some Skeletons that were Arcane Enchanted, Jailer, Thunderstorm, and something else. Now I wasn't trying to run and death is not permanent in the Ptr so I just wanted to see how I would do. And I failed miserably.

Which leads me to the point of this post that is - what happens when ROS goes live ? I mean I cant play torment it don't seem and as we no longer have NV how do we find better items in lower difficulties ?? Im guessing Ill have to spend a while on Expert and getting to level 70 before Torment becomes an option..Im honestly curious how this will work as I do plan on getting Ros.
  9. Young

Young IncGamers Member

So this was in torment 1? I've heard the new affixes are really nasty. I'll probably level up a new character from 1-70 in RoS so that I can see all the new mechanics. I've heard it doesn't take too long anyway, maybe 5-6 hours for 1-70!
  10. Muggs

Honestly you find a ton of drops along the way to compensate for the higher difficulties. There is no reason to level from 60-70 on higher than hard except for the challenge. Save the higher difficulties for 70 where they actually contribute to the drops you are getting and allow you to push further. I have leveled 2 monks from 1-70 and 2 from 60-70 that were copy overs and you start dropping the difficulty, just like on live, for the last 10 levels since the mobs ramp up pretty fast. Gear drops insanely fast once you hit 61 and except for really good rolls on Ammies/Gloves/rings upgrades are plentiful especially when you factor in the mystic.

Here is an example of a lvl61 weapon vs a 70 http://imgur.com/OSIWhzt Now compare that 61 to anything you can find on the AH and you can see the ramp up is pretty extreme. Another example of a lvl61 chest piece http://imgur.com/m57dNxC which can be beaten by certain lucky crafts but not many.

Just hit 70 run normal till you get enough drops to run higher. I was able to hit T1 in just rares anything beyond that you will need legs and perfect rares. The group I run with in HC are currently farming t3 after the changes so it is not a difficult proposition. Remember you go from about 600k toughness at 60 to closer to 8-10million with well rolled rares at 70
  11. Young

Young IncGamers Member

hah wow that scaling of toughness is ridiculous muggs. i feel like the scaling in the game in general is out of control in terms of damage output and mitigation required!
  12. Muggs

It is a bit obscene when you 1st look at it, and it is even funnier for me to go back to live and I feel so puny, but in all honesty it works out really nicely. You start to balance regen, from various sources, and toughness and you start to play just like on live but I have even more Oh **** I almost died moments in beta which is the thrill of HC.
  13. SonOfRah

They really need to remove sockets as a primary affix and give the blacksmith/jeweler the ability to add sockets to items. Seriously ><
  14. Muggs

I agree something needs to be done with sockets. They are too valuable due to the power of gems and with the current 4/2 setup on stats you can expect 3 main rolls and sockets on any socketed item to be the most desirable. It is really one of my complaints with ROS.
  15. TheDarkSide

Interesting news here and maybe Ill finally get my BETA Key !!
    --------------------------------------------
    In order to help resolve some critical bugs and implement class tuning changes, we will be pushing out a new Beta and PTR patch later today. This patch will be relatively small, and a miniature patch note update will be provided once the patch is live.

As a result of some testing that will accompany this patch, character progress on the Beta/PTR may be affected. See the below list for details.

• Later this week (after the Beta/PTR patch goes live), we will be performing some tests on our storage system that maintains inactive Diablo III accounts.
      • This may result in the loss of up to 24 hours' worth of progress on the Beta or PTR for some players.
      • We anticipate the number of affected Beta/PTR accounts will be extremely low, and should only impact those who play within a very small window of time.

In addition, shortly after testing has completed, we will be adding an additional wave of new players to the Closed Beta. Keep an eye on your inbox for an invite if you've opted in!

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued participation in the Closed Beta and 2.0.1 PTR!
  16. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

But the fact that a socket in a weapon has such a big effect on it is the very reason that it's a primary affix. That would be like saying IAS should be a secondary affix.
  17. SonOfRah

That's not what I mean.

Sockets are arguably one of the most important requirements of a weapon. If a weapon lacks a socket, it is practically vendor fodder (from a softcore perspective). A hardcore perspective is a little different, but it remains large difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the mystic also reroll a poorly rolled stat into potentially higher rolls? If that is the case then rerolling into a socket is simply binary choice - does the weapon have a socket? No? Reroll into one. If it does have a socket, you have options to what you want to do.

Even if you can't reroll a stat to try for higher values, a socket is still superior because you have choice with the other remaining stats - even to the extent of considering a secondary affix.

Excluding sockets, in RoS we have (from memory):
    ias
    Cc
    Chd
    Min/max dmg
    Cool down redux
    Skill resource cost redux
    Class Mainstat
    Vit (this is hardcore after all)
    Life per hit
    Life per resource
    Ed%

May have missed a couple, or incorrect, but the point stands. Considering how many I just listed, think of how much choice you would have if sockets were NOT a factor. All of a sudden you have a lot of variety, not to mention theory crafting for the enthusiast.

Heck make it so that you get a reagent each time you complete campaign mode that is used to place a socket in an item. A few hours worth of investment is easily worth a socket.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  18. SonOfRah

+min/max damage (holy/fire/physical/etc) is in the same boat. No plus damage and no socket? Well, that's pretty much vendor fodder.

What is wrong with making 1-2 out of 10+ primary affixes able to be added onto a weapon? Effectively turning it into a 2/4/2 item.

Ie:
    2 mandatory - min/max and socket (roll both, either or none, with a mechanism in game to add these stats onto the item)
    4 primary
    2 secondary

Likewise armour that are allowed sockets can roll as a 1/4/2 item. Really, would this be game breaking? It would turn far more items from vendor fodder into being a consideration.

Right now, if an item rolls a socket, it has an inherent advantage over any other item that doesn't with regards to enchanting.

If a weapon rolls socket and min/max, it's highly desirable or best in slot (BiS) category because there are so many options for enchanting paths to build the weapon. From picking a better stat to trying to get a better roll.

Obviously it won't be there for release, but anything that is so mandatory before it's even up for consideration should either be baseline or have a mechanism in place to add the stat onto the item.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  19. Young

Young IncGamers Member

I agree. I thought there was going to be a way to add sockets in RoS, or did they remove that feature?
  20. Muggs

Mystic can add as socket as one of the primary rolls if that item can have a socket. So with a 4/2 which is max for an item, 4 primary and 2 2ndary, you can reroll a primary for a socket.