Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ron Paul and Jessie Ventura?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BobCox2, Dec 6, 2011. | Replies: 437 | Views: 20162

1. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Ron Paul and Jessie Ventura?

OTF All The Way!
    The Party Vote

You know if he win's the backup plan has to be good cause they don't protect what they deliberately ignore.
  2. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Re: Ron Paul and Jessie Ventura?

Something about Newt

3. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

A Paul/Ventura ticket might well be the worst pair of candidates ever. I mean that. Worst. Ever.
  4. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I think that's the real battle Cry of the voters on the entire Election

5. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I didn't realize that the MRLP even <had> an American branch previously...

Still, the official statement makes a lot of sense:

6. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Happened upon this later, and had to throw it out here -
  7. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

Forget Jesse Ventura, we need Ace Ventura!

[​IMG]
  8. Turnip

Turnip IncGamers Member

Ron paul should not be linked to this guy, ron paul is not a conspiracy theorist. He just believes in doing what obama had promised to do before he was elected, such as ending the wars and cutting spending. He understands monetary policy enough to predict and avoid things such as the housing bubble. He also actually obeys the constitution and thinks presidents should understand it before accepting the job.

This is coming from someone who lives in canada, so its not like I am biased or brainwashed, I just wish we had someone honest like him here in Canada. :whistling:
  9. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

10. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I'm going to counter that with a very well-thought-out argument of my own:

Ron Paul is crazy. Jesse Ventura is crazy. The White House would have to get more windows to provide enough for each to lick. Just editing out the foam spewing from their mouths would take an army of Photoshop-capable lunatics.
  11. Turnip

Turnip IncGamers Member

You know you guys are attempting to bail europe out as well, and that it was the poor banking practices that caused them to fail in the first place by having 1$ for every 100$ they lent out. Explain how them making money from corrupt practices and then placing the burden onto Americans is good capitalism. Should banks be a 100% guarantee for people to invest in as they are too big to fail? The fed has caused a lot of these problems you are currently in such as the housing bubble and you are still against paul in auditing and ending them?

Crazy uncle paul not wanting to throw billions of dollars to fix everything, when it clearly worked so well the last time as employment continues to drop. Wanting to end the wars and useless agencies as you spend 40 years above your countries means. Wanting to put the monetary system rightfully back into the voters hands and end the private institution that causes your inflation and recessions. The foam is so unrelenting.

edit) well he says it himself better than I could:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_8o09TOjY0
    If only photoshop could stop the foam..
  12. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

The thing about Ron Paul is that if you listen to him for 5 minutes, he sounds amazing. 20 minutes and you are scratching your head. After an hour, you're wondering if the asylum realizes he's gone yet.

There are a lot of things that sound simple and straightforward, but amount to little more than bleeding someone out as a means to cure them of an ailment. Victorian economics are only slightly more valid than Victorian medicine.
  13. Turnip

Turnip IncGamers Member

Hmm, I guess I get the same feeling listening to the other candidates. The ones who say they were attacked because of "american exceptionalism", as if every muslim has a television and a cable connection. Or that america needs to have the patriot act otherwise the muslims will take over; as if thousands will come over on their wooden aircraft carriers and drop bombs. :crazyeyes:

But what part of what rp says is crazy? I'd like to hear how it could be any worse than these other clowns. I see ron paul pretty comparable to a president like andrew jackson, ending the feds private supply of currency. Stopping nation building and wasteful agencies in order to lower taxes and drop income tax. Giving more control of government to the states so the people have more control. All pretty comparable qualities I would think. Andrew jackson is the mans on your 20$ bill and is seen as a hero, I'd hope you didnt think he was crazy as well. :p
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  14. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Don't DO that. I have a cough, and it's hard to catch me breath afterward.

The problems I have with Paul aren't his lunacy. First and foremost, he's a hypocrite like pretty much every other politician, but Paulistas think he's the Second Coming because he says the right Libertarian things.

Second but almost as important, he's so Libertarian-idealistic-preachy that he makes really stupid statements that appear to the lunatic fringe as just what they believe, and alienate those who might agree. For example, Paul believes in cutting foreign aid. Complete agreement. Paul then singles out Israel as the most obvious recipient of that aid. The pro-fascists and KKK types cheer his bravery, the J00z recognize an anti-Semite when they see one, and most of the rest write him off because he apparently doesn't bother to recognize that a Libertarian America is not implicitly an isolationist one.

Foundational writings indicated that America should be close, trustworthy allies but should not routinely dabble in international affairs or throw money about. Paul recognizes that we've achieved the inverse ideal, but either is too dim or too cynical to admit we can't make a one-step reversal of the situation.

He's got the same problem when it comes to the Truther crowd, who think he's their boy because he knows Gov't is inimical. The anti-IRS crowd think he's just the ticket because he recognizes that the current tax code, particularly the Progressive Income Tax, is FUBAR - but he doesn't really have any legitimate alternative plans for interim measures.

15. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

The people who predicted exactly the mess that we're in now are using "antiquated" theories that we are far beyond, but the "top men" we have in charge today using "modern" theories are doing a bang up job.

It takes a a special sort of person to post that and not have their head explode.
    You're claiming Ron Paul is justly categorized as an anti-Semite because he doesn't believe in foreign aid to Israel? *boggle*

I'd be interested in knowing what you find hypocritical about him, though.

16. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Well, more that he took money from Stormfront, but it's calling Israel evil that I pretty much find fault with.
    His use of Libertarian ideology as his aegis, most of all. There's plenty of grist for such a mill.

17. Turnip

Turnip IncGamers Member

"Are you saying tax credits are subsidies? Is the money I get back from my tax return a federal subsidy? Are you trying to argue every single American is subsidized by the federal government?"

Really, one of the first comments in the "most of all" article you posted rebuts the whole article. I suggest you read the comments before fully absorbing an article as truth, then decide whether it has merit or not.

I mean the first one you posted says this:
    "His espousal of limited government and attacks on certain government agencies, including the Federal Reserve".
    Does the federal reserve seem like a government agency to you?

I dont see the people who write these articles as real journalists unfortunately. I can see why bush was elected for so long now, I suppose America deserves what it gets in the end, just wish we all didn't suffer alongside you. :whistling:
  18. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

He should give the money back? I'm sure hate crime victims around the US would sleep better knowing that Stormfront has more money in its pocket . . .
    He said Israel is evil?
    Receiving campaign contributions is un-libertarian? ****, I wouldn't have donated if I'd known that.
    Oh damn, he voted to lower taxes. Totally inconsistent with his message.

Come on, surely you have something I can really sink my teeth into?

19. Turnip

Turnip IncGamers Member

I just watched the daily show, ron pauls son was one of only 7 congress member that voted against this bill, you guys definitely need someone with some morals in office.
    Especially when you have got newt and obama publicly supporting the patriot act, you need to stop voting stupidly if you want to keep your countries values. :thumbsup:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  20. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Your losing the most important part of his argument in your restatement of it via"because they get way too much under the current system." being left out of it.

It's people that misrepresent by under representing what he said that do the most damage.
    and you know that Saro

and it's JMerv he watches a source guarantied to make anyone not a "Member" into a villain or idiot in <20 minutes.
    That they mostly ignore Ron Paul tells you a lot.

sigh why Americans Can't have nice things.