Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rockets & Grenades; viably ignore your weapon?

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by ElementEight, Mar 24, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1958

1. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Rockets & Grenades; viably ignore your weapon?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UPjTki!Ugh!aZYZaY

Key points:

Tinkerer, Grenadier & Mortal enemy makes it so your grenades generate 11 hatred per cast.

Ballistics improve Shooting Stars, Spitfire Turret and Rocket Storm by 50%; ye-owch.

Rocket Storm and Mortal Enemy probably cuts down its hatred cost by a significant factor.
  2. Anders Rasmussen

Anders Rasmussen IncGamers Member

Re: Rockets & Grenades; viably ignore your weapon?

I have thought of a similar build. The main thing is the "Rocket-grenadier": Using grenades together with ClosterArrow:Shooting Stars.
    Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UPYXTk!Ugh!aZabba

I think Caltrops helps quite a lot when using Grenades as it is shot-ranged.
    The Boar-companion will hopefully help with this by blocking whatever is incoming.
    SmokeScreen is the obvious "get out of jail" card and really only there for emergencies.

Hared generation will likely be an issue for this type of build, so I really like the Mortal enemy idea for increased hatred-generation. Im unsure what to substitute if for, but maybe Smoke Screen.
    The Spitefire turret sounds a bit weak, but it of course needs playtesting (like every other build atm.)

Also, the custom engineering could be swapped for i.e. Numbing Traps if the time is enough.

Just my thoughts/take on it. I hope it will be viable, but only time will tell ;)

Anders
  3. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant IncGamers Member

i had a similar idea a bit back that would be my take on it ;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UPVTkQ!Ugh!aZYZab

i suppose they will bull**** with the sentry ward aswell ; i bet we will see something like ; "there can only 1 sentry be active at a time" mechanic

atleast thats what i imagine if not i could lay down like 10 traps at the same time ( i mean 40 sec duration is huge) ; each of those sentries having 32% of my wpn dmg (presumeably per second ) which wold equate to a total of 320% dps on top of grenade and cluster rocket spam.

and ofc multishot with suppression for sitation with many enemies i should be able ro regain quite alot of discipline ; given that mul****shot only costs 15 hartred.

iam also wondering if grenades also regain hartred if i hit nothing ; i dont know if you noticed it ; but DH is the only class that generates hartred per shot even if she does hit nothing. Monk and barb on the other hand always need to hit to generate spirit / rage.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  4. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

I hope you're not limited to 1 sentry, that would suck. Traps seem to be maxxed to 3, I hope its the same.
  5. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

I'm still hopeful Sentry will be limited only by resource. If it wasn't they probably would have updated the tooltip at the same time they did Hydra. [/wishful thinking]
  6. Sooru

Sooru IncGamers Member

This would be my take on the build. I have to confess the main reason I like the idea is that shooting a crossbow several times a second is just so horrible of a concept. I simply couldn't stand playing a basic archer build. Luckily we have an alternative, one can go with a one hander and shield like a proper assassin!

http://d3db.com/tool/calculator/demon-hunter/13833

Could have Smoke Screen with Breathe Deep instead of Companion or Preparation if the survivability it adds is needed.