Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RMAH and importing the game

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by apoptygma, Apr 30, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1044

1. apoptygma

apoptygma IncGamers Member

RMAH and importing the game

I live in Australia, and like most people import all my games from overseas/buy online because Aus retailers completely price gouge consumers in our country. I looked at a copy of Diablo III on ozgameshop and it has a note

Please Note: This is the European version of the game. Diablo III will not be region locked, you can select any region to play in but RMAH will be region locked..

I'm wondering if this means I'll only be able to trade with people in Europe or not at all, surely I would think I would be locked by the address on my b.net account and not the location the CD key was purchased? Can anyone clarify this?
  2. Eagle

Eagle IncGamers Member

Re: RMAH and importing the game

Nope, no one can because Blizzard have yet to clarify it.

My bet is on any locking being based purely off your Battle.Net location, but it hasn't been confirmed or denied yet.
  3. apoptygma

apoptygma IncGamers Member

I wish I could have posted this on the official forums but they don't' allow anyone who isn't in the beta to post (ridiculous). If there is anyone here in the beta who could re-post my question and hopefully get a blizzard reply that would be really helpful

4. Eagle

Eagle IncGamers Member

Yes they do, but you have to have WoW (I think you have to be active), SC2 or D3 (preorded through Battle.Net). If you have any of those the only forums you can't post in are the Beta specific ones.

5. semakka

semakka IncGamers Member

Any active account of WoW, SC2 and D3 (with annual pass, preordered OR beta) can post.

As for the issue :
    -There are 2 versions of the game : EU and US.
    -your RMAH region is locked to your battle.net account adress
    -you cannot play Diablo 3 without battle.net AND battle.net tag
  6. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

There are not different region copies, its all one version of the game you just choose what region you want to play on.