Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rizzo's charity Tourney sign-up

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Rizzo, Aug 15, 2005. | Replies: 159 | Views: 5186

1. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

Rizzo's charity Tourney sign-up

Following this old fundraising campaign, I thought it was about time to start the event (thank you generous donators). Without further ado, allow me to introduce:

Rizzo's 1337 charity ball
    a tourney / trivia / giveaway in one
    (wow !!! Most wonterfulled !!!!)

Lets start. Make smarted guy install diabla and loda for you :D
    Joke aside, let's get down to business. Might aswell rush right into it eh?
    I have in my possesion 3 large stashes... well, 2 large and 1 small. Around 600 items for me to give away. I won't just give it though, you have to fight for it. And the fight starts with a tourney, where I make the rules for you to follow. The rules will be simple to avoid confusion. When the tourney is over, the trivia contest will begin. Questions will be un-googleable. Later, when the first two rounds are over, the rest of the remainding items will be given away like a standard giveaway.

Round 1 - tourney.

Rules are simple:

- Create a character in softcore (this is important, since the tourney will consist of several rounds)
    - When you die, take a screenie and post it here, then save and exit (for hosting you can use imageshack).
    - The player with most points win the round.
    - After each round an additional rule will be added.
    - The rules carry on from round to round. There will be six rounds total, so the last round will have six rules.
    - After the round ends and the winner has been found, start your character up from where he died, and start the next round.
    - All prize-items are 1.10 softcore, nonmodded.

Points: To gather a point, simply gather a waypoint or gain a level. 5 points for each end boss (Andy, Duriel etc.). Should two players compete as winner with the same amount of points, the winner will be the one that reached furthest in areas.

Prizes: There are, as previously stated, three stashes. A unique stash, set stash and one with other items (that's the small one). Rainbow facets are in the "other items" stash too, in order for you to see the stats on them. When you win a round, you may pick any 5 items from the unique list, 1 full set (or the remainders of a set), and 2 items from the last stash. Check the stashes at the end of the post. Please remember that there are other players, and only take what you need, not just grab all the TC87's :)

Rules: At start I will announce the first rule. After each round an additional rule will be applied.

Death: Remember that this is softcore. When you die, you must remember to take at least one screenshot (to state where you died (remember the map)), and then save and exit. When the next round starts, you will start at the last reached waypoint.

Winning: If you win a round, you cannot participate in the remainding rounds. You can of course join the trivia later if you choose to.

Updating progress: You may update whenever you like. And take screenies as well, that's more fun. Just remember to stay dead, when you die, and don't play your character untill the start of the next round.

The tourney will likely be short. I don't think many people can survive through normal mode with the rules I have in mind. If you are interested, please sign up in this thread. The turney will begin tomorrow (hopefully). Any questions can also be posted here, or you can pm me or mail me (rizzo@pc.dk).

Prizes:

Stash one: uniques - http://www.freewebs.com/rizzorz/giveaway/report-uni.htm
    Stash two: sets - http://www.freewebs.com/rizzorz/giveaway/report-set.htm
    Stash three: others - http://www.freewebs.com/rizzorz/giveaway/others.txt

Thanks for now.
    Remember to sign up like this:

forum name
    character name
    character class

Cheers!
    Rizzo

I am go become more fatty now !!!! :p

Edit: should anyone like to donate more to this case, simply email me. Then perhaps we can extend the number of rounds. Thanks.
    Edit2: Gasp! My first tourney! :scared:
  2. ArmyOfDeath

ArmyOfDeath IncGamers Member

Hey, i would like to join this tourney i have never joined one before but what the hell :lol:

forum name: ArmyOfDeath
    character name: Army_of_death
    character class: Necromancer (skelliemancer)
  3. martinkingss

martinkingss IncGamers Member

im in, sounds intersting. should we post a update if were not dead every act, or we just continue till were dead?

forum name: Martinkingss
    Character name: EnlightMeMaster
    Character class: lightningsorc.
  4. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

Nice choice of class. Quite safe... :)
    Remember that no one, except me, know the rules yet. I could sign off certain skills too...

martinkingss: You may update when you like, with screenies of tough battles of whatever. Remember that when you die, stay dead, untill the next round start.

Edit: updated the original post.
  5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

gib t3h v3rzi0n t3h n00b?

Forum Name: Corax
    Character name: Corax
    Character Class: Druid
  6. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

Goodie, I forgot.
    Please state your version of D2 too please. 1.10, 1.11, vanilla, modded etc.
  7. martinkingss

kewl. cant update now. anyway, 1.11 RWM
  8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

I know it's your tourney Riz but to be fair to everyone you really should limit it to one version. that way RWM or FE bugless people wont get an advantage.
  9. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

raxieboy has a point there... :eek: something u don't see every day.

martinkingss: You can play, but you're not allowed to use any ladder only RW's, kay?

All: Only 1.10 and 1.11 vanilla are allowed. FE fix are not allowed since I am one of those who thought it was kinda cool and not really a bug. :) If you, as Martinkinss use RWM, u cannot use the ladder only rw's in this tourney.
  10. martinkingss

sure thing boss.
  11. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Yeah.. so, if the tournament really is short then I can't participate. I don't have acces to my pc at the moment (sadly enough I don't even know when I will... something is wrong with it) and won't have access to internet either for at least a couple of weeks.
    However, if it's a normal tourney where you can easily catch up or play less in the beginning I'll sign up.

Here's some questions though:
    You said there will be rounds, but when will round one end and round two begin?
    Will it be time based (as in: the person with the most time will have the best chance to win) or will it be area/level based (as in: the moment you hit act 4 / lvl 30 round one is over)?
    You said FE bug fix in 1.10 isn't alowed but 1.11 is.... 1.11 comes with a FE bug fix ;)
    I don't want a stash if I win. I'll just be in it for the fun, any problems there?
  12. martinkingss

when is round 1 even gonna begin? has it already begun?
  13. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

Round 1 starts when the tourney starts...
    Round 2 starts when the winner from the first round is found. Perhaps I haven't explained this thoroughly enough: When you die, please summarize your points and write them here. The player who gets the most points win the first round. Then that player exit the contest, and the remainding players start up their characters again from the last waypoint. Then when they die, again they post their points and summarize, and another winner is found. Does that make it more clear? I hope :)

Yeah the FE bug. Haven't played 1.11 and have been on vacation so hehe.. didn't know. Then FE bug fix is allowed in 1.10.

U can be here for fun of course :D Very welcome. The more the marrier!
    I hope you'll participate. I don't think the tourney will be overly short, since the rounds are likely to take a bit of time. Players have to play untill they die first time. I'll make sure though, that the rule applied makes it difficult to play for too long without dying. :p You can easily catch up I think, so you're welcome to play.

Lookie in the starting post. It states that: "The turney will begin tomorrow (hopefully)."
  14. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

To summarize:

Round 1 starts at tourney start.
    Round 2 starts when all players are dead, and have posted their details.
    Round 3 starts when all remainding players are dead, and have posted their details... etc

Hope this clarifies. :)
  15. JMtistic

JMtistic IncGamers Member

Im sure this will be fun, since it is my first tourney, so count me in.

JMtistic
    Character name: AtomicBoo
    Character class: Barbarian

edit: I'll be playing version 1.11 vanilla
  16. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Uh, softcore? Well, since I'm done with HC for a while, this is my chance :D

I'm in.

Forum name: Cormallon
    Char name: Sidi
    Build: MA 'sin. Don't know about skill distribution yet.

I'm playing vanilla 1.11.
  17. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Allright then Rizzi :)

Forum Name: Sint
    Character name: Frosty
    Character Class: Assasin
    1.11 Vanilla

You realise I'll have to break that ;)
  18. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

*rubbing hands*

Welcome aboard :king:
  19. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

Okay, round 1 will begin at zero hundred hours, that 00:00 GMT tonight.
    I will post a progress thread for you to update in when it all begins.

00:00 GMT, or 01:00 CET. Dunno the western time for that... :scratch:

You don't necessarily have to start at the time, that's just when the tourney begins. You can join in when you like, but in order to play through all 6 rounds, you must start at round 1.

Round 1 will end when all contestors have died their first death.

I will summarize all rules and such in the progress thread, just to make it easy for you.
    Depending on how long it takes, there might be a timeframe too, but for now there isn't.
  20. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Sint, you better don't let this char die. kknpthx? :D