Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Revives are dying for no reason

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by bruthor, Sep 2, 2005. | Replies: 11 | Views: 823

1. bruthor

bruthor IncGamers Member

Revives are dying for no reason

I am single player, softcore and quite necro-fan.

In 1.10, I had a bone-mancer, but ancients became a fead end.
    Why?
    My main defence was revives, but when I entered Rocky Summit (Arreat Summit), all my revives dissapeared. They were all summoned just before I entered, and they were close to me. I tried many times, but the same thing always happened.

In 1.11, the same thing occurred, but only 4 of my 8 revives dissapeared.

Is this common?
    Is it a bug?
    Is it something blizzard did on purpose, and partially changed in 1.11?
  2. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

revives are not noted for sticking around and have a great tendancy to vanish
  3. barttange

barttange IncGamers Member

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Most revives never get to their 180 seconds, since they just poof long before that.

It's simply a misfeature of the minions. Live with it.
  5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

This doesn't sound like the usual dissappearance but just in case you don't know, if you run too far ahead they will disappear almost immediately. I count myself lucky when revives make it from battle to the next if I'm running ahead of them. This can happen to skeleton mages too, but they usually automatically pop up near wherever you are like the warriors. Revives don't seem to do that mysterious teleporting thing at all and simply get lost when you move too far away from them.

If you're saying you're summoning immediately before going to a new area and they're simply vanishing before the three minutes are up or you've had a chance to run ahead that's different.

The only critters that are bugged where revives are concerned are those undead skeleton warriors that self-resurrect. If you revive them they'll die much sooner for some reason. Probably something to do with the timer that brings them back to life when they're playing possum on the ground.
  6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Edit: Oh, NM. He's talking about single player.
  7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Warriors and Golems poof as well, although warriors seem to have the lowest chance of falling prey to that.

I *suspect* that even mercs "poof", although they don't disappear. I've had a few cases of my merc just "freezing": standing in one place, not doing anything, not even sharing his aura. These symptoms would be somewhat consistent with an uncompleted poofing (such as being removed from the active objects list without actually being deleted, or skipping all AI decisions because of a pending "poofing" that never gets executed...)
  8. bruthor

bruthor IncGamers Member

I am not talking about a regular "poof away", or going too far away from them. I know all that. The problem is ONLY against the ancients.
  9. GordusMxus

GordusMxus IncGamers Member

Revives will reliably disappear after using a portal to town or elsewhere, even if freshly made. The number that vanish is random it seems, sometimes one or two, other times 50% or more. The Ancients "doorway" is like a portal and this effect occurs. Just a quirk of the game you have to accept.
  10. bruthor

bruthor IncGamers Member

That explains it. But is the "doorway" any different from other doorways? It is ONLY a problem in the ancients doorway.
  11. Skragga

Skragga IncGamers Member

I don't really like revives because they die by themselves and are generallly unhelpful. Sometimes I got into really difficult battles and they just stood around doing nothing. They only defended themselves when they were attacked. So I just don't use them. When I had 1.07, my golems also used to disappear; first sign was that their life bar didn't change, even if they took damage, next second they just disappeared. That's quite annoying if you're low level- recasting a fire golem can drain half your mana. Luckily 1.09 fixes that.
  12. bruthor

bruthor IncGamers Member

Well, I love revives. They are VERY helpful if you know how to use them.