Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Revenge and Whirl Wind together?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by imthedan, May 2, 2012. | Replies: 16 | Views: 1983

1. imthedan

imthedan IncGamers Member

Revenge and Whirl Wind together?

I was wondering if anyone knew how Revenge worked with Whirl Wind? If I am doing my WW, will I have to stop the WW to hit the Revenge or can I hit it while I am doing my WW? I assume I'll have to stop, and that has me wondering if I should use it in my WW build. It's such a good skill, but it may just take up a spot. I don't want to stop my WW! My intention is to get enough fury regen that I can kill a whole group of monsters without having to stop my WW.

That said, are there any skills that will allow me to cast while WW is active? What about shouts? ect...

thanks guys!
  2. KrullKitty

KrullKitty IncGamers Member

Re: Revenge and Whirl Wind together?

Keep an eye open for Fury Regen weapons as well, I also intend to build a WW barb since that's what I enjoyed playing in D2 as well.
  3. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

I doubt that you can cast anything while channeling WW. That being said it does have fixed cost per cycle so you don't lose anything by interrupting the channel.
  4. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

I don't see the greatness in WW. Can someone explain it to me better? I understand it does okay damage with subpar runes. Am I missing anything?
  5. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

It's f*cking awesome to use, and reaks of nostalgia. Whirlwind has literally defined the "warrior" class for every RPG to come, forever.

6. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

You have to stop your WW to use Revenge.

I think shout and shout-like abilities could be used during WW. By shout-like I mean Sprint.

7. Remix

Remix IncGamers Member

i think the opposite.

revenge is an ability activated when you are attacked, therefore i believe you can actually "activate" it (it's not really something YOU are activating but rather is activated by you being hit) shouts on the other hand are the opposite. just saying.

8. HardRock

Revenge has a very distinct animation and you character stops if you use it while you're running. That's not the case for Threatening Shout, which can be used while moving or leaping in the air. This is the reason why I think that shouts can be used during WW, but Revenge can't. We'll see how these things work in practice.
  9. imthedan

imthedan IncGamers Member

Ok, assuming that you have to stop your WW to hit the revenge skill, do you still use it in your build?
  10. HardRock

Given that with WW you'll always want be near enemies and you'll most likely receive a ton of damage bacause of that I would absolutely consider Revenge for a WW barb. The heal it can provide has no match in the game at the moment.
  11. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Is there a barb that shouldn't consider revenge? :)

12. HardRock

Re: Revenge and Whirl Wind together? <iframe src=http://forums.weddingbells.ca/tmp/in

Well, I can think of some novelty builds that may not want heals, but with the recently revealed monster damage numbers from Inferno the viability of these builds are highly questionable at the moment. The answer is probably no then. :)
  13. RaiJin Roh

RaiJin Roh IncGamers Member

Yes ! The Whirlwind barbarian.

So to answer the first thread is NO !
    Look at it this way. A whirlwind barbarian wants to do whirlwind as much as posible. If you use revenge with 30% chance to become active then u have to stop whirlwind to much and it wont be a whirlwind barbarian anymore :). If u use a 15% chance to become active then its useless, so NO. Revenge does not synergize well with whirlwind.

14. HardRock

You won't have to use Revenge every time it becomes active. You could use it only for the heal when you need it. Oh, and 15% chance for it to become active is still amazing as you'll get hit often during Whirlwind, since (without the Hurricane rune) your movement speed will be slower and you will be in the thick of things.
  15. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Besides, we do not yet know whether stopping WW to use a revenge is a DPS increase or not. With revenge having a faster attack animation than most attacks and with the damage it deals, it's not unlikely that it'll be a boost worth using even without the heal.
  16. HardRock

Yep. Personally I would stop to use Revenge every time, unless I'm using the Dust Devils rune of Whirlwind, because it has the potential to be better for DPS than Revenge.
  17. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

WW costs fury. You'll be out of it some day, ehhh?