Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Respecs in 1.13 (blue post)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jakotaco, Aug 9, 2009. | Replies: 54 | Views: 5827

1. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

Respecs in 1.13 (blue post)

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=19110021662&sid=3000

[BLUE="http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=19110021662&sid=300"]Skill tree re-specialization is currently a planned feature for the Diablo II 1.13 patch, yes.

[ed] The patch sticky thread in this forum has been updated with the latest information on the patch development. [/BLUE]

Many are happy for this, I am not really too keen on it as the absence of respecs is what kept me playing this long instead of just making a level 90 char of each class. Currently I have probably created more than 100 chars... Hope they do it the right way at least.

2. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Re: Respecs in 1.13 (blue post)

Hmm, interesting. I would say initially that it is a crap move to make. But as you say, there could be a few ways where it would have been implemented right.

3. BoD Trader

BoD Trader IncGamers Member

I think it's a brilliant idea with regards to my PVM hardcore self. Means i can climb the ladder with the same character without getting bored because i can switch around his/her skillset.

4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

I dont see how it will make that big a difference...its not like it sounds like you can change your skills on the fly just by going to town and talking to an NPC or something.

Sounds like there's going to be something like a quest respec (a la Larzuk sockets), and then a repeatable respec, maybe from a Cube recipe or something involving hard-to-get components.

Regardless, the way it is now, you can "respec" with limited effort by getting a new char rushed up, and there's even 3 paths you can choose: Baal runs, grush to CS, or uber leveling. Its not like there's any dearth of rushing available, so its not like having a respec option is going to suddenly change the dynamics of the game.

If anything, it'll just be a way to level up new chars without having to rely on the crutch of rushing.

5. Noammr

Noammr IncGamers Member

Don't like it, I enjoy having every character specialize in his own build.

6. wickedswami

wickedswami IncGamers Member

perhaps there will be some huge anti-rush thing implemented in the patch. Maybe that's why they allow respeccing. It would remove most of the baalrun/chaos sact run games out there if implemented correctly...

7. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Wow. I'm glad this community is not as the battle.net forum community; the comments in the 1.13 sticky thread just made me sad..

8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

who would have thought that blizzard will announce a reset/patch and do nothing for 4 months, the time wasted is really good enough for at least one more ladder

9. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

See last ladder reset.

10. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

This might be a nice feature - we just need to find out how they are going to implement it.

It might also be a hint that they would be changing the experience system which would be nice - no more baalruns ad nauseam.

Also, it would perhaps render baalbots somewhat useless which might be another reason for them.

Another thing (along with increased stash size) is that it would most likely reduce their server's workload IMO. Less mules, less new characters.

11. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

This is exactly what i thought. Ingame solutions would be the best to stop botting. My proposal for bot protection is to remove tele from enigma...result no teleporting hammerdin and adding a curse reflecting the damage of casters...result no sorc bots or many dead sorc bots. Bowie bots would be very slow without teleport.

Nilaripper

12. Asrrin

Asrrin IncGamers Member

There is already a curse for casters that damage them every time they cast a spell. Unfortunately the AI only uses it for characters who have more mana then life. And since every build under the sun since the beginning of time has left energy at base, it'w never been much of a problem.

13. cralz

cralz IncGamers Member

If they removed teleport from Enigma, then people would probably start farming for teleport-charged items. I do agree they should remove it though.
    What they should do is remove the cause of all the botting - farming for items. I think one solution may be to change up the area levels - for example, lower Baal's level so he is unable to drop every item in the game, and make some other area similar to the pits a level 85 area. They could even fill one of these level 85 areas with magic immune "animals" (so hammers don't damage them at all). This might shake things up a bit in the magic find world.

14. RogueJuggalo

RogueJuggalo IncGamers Member

Removing teleport from Enigma would make it harder for legit players. A bot (AI) can maneuver with charge/vigor or by running just as easily as it could teleport. A human cannot do this as easily. This would slow bots down a little bit and slow actual humans down A LOT.

I'm looking forward to this respec thing too. I wonder if its going to be done via cube recipe or NPC. This blue post is such a tease!

15. Nilaripper

No. My suggestion would end the multi boss bot hammerdin era. Teleport makes him so effective.Charge/vigor? Are you serious? Enigma and legit players in one sentence is the joke of the day.

Nilaripper

16. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on this. Firstly, people don't do baal runs just for ****s and giggles, they do it for EXP because those people there are lazy. Making games public gives them more experience and more loot, seeing how most of the time bots have pick it. Those people running bots, aren't there to watch them most of the time, that's frankly the whole purpose of them, so they do things for you when you're unable to or are simply lazy. Rather it's vigor/charge, or enigma with teleport, those people don't really care, they will still be running their bots and if people want to join, they'll join and if not, well that's too bad, the bot will eventually achieve what the runner wants it to achieve. Your suggestion would definitely not end the hammerdin era, it might weaken them, but hammerdins are still very powerful characters even without the enigma.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  17. RogueJuggalo

RogueJuggalo IncGamers Member

There was a thread on CAPTCHAs to stop botting a while ago and one new poster made some awesome contributions to the thread. He talks about how bots will work just fine regardless of whether or not teleport is available. I don't think I can say it better than he did so I'll link the thread to you and quote him on how bots work:

Thread: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730522

The second quote are a couple of his responses to some arguments. It was a really good thread and I learned a lot from it. I think it's definitely worth a read if you got time to kill. :p

18. Nilaripper

A curse reflecting the damage of casters would kill them. Like iron maiden does to melee. This weakens them enough, imho. Something will be done to the hammerdin bots by Blizzard in 1.13, as they did in the past to pindlebot. Most probably it will affect the players like the realm down, the heritage of pindlebot which annoys us all.

@RogueJuggalo: Ty for the link, i check it out asap.

Nilaripper

19. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

Well, the guy clearly has alotta patience and is a very intelligent person :] kudos to that guy, his points and information provided was very insightful, thanks for the link RogueJuggalo :)

That would definitely weaken them, but it would not get rid of them. For bots perhaps a javelin amazon with infinity would be preferable for the rich, and hammerdins with vigor for poorer crowd, maybe a sorceress in private games for even poorer crowds. Manually, it will be a preference of the player =]

For PVP, hammerdins would still be reliable killers that would simply have one obstacle and that obstacle being the Necromancer (assuming that such curse would be added into his arsenal of skills), because believe it or not, there are very many skilled players that are very efficient with killing people in duels with handicaps such as not having an enigma =] I've battled with an undergraduate hammerdin (was under the level of being able to wear an enigma) and the person playing was either a skilled player because not only was I killed, other people in the game were falling just as well with characters, unlike mine, between levels 80-99 (don't remember exact ranges, i'm certain no char was below 80 however) or he was very very lucky.... multiple times.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  20. skyjuice

skyjuice IncGamers Member

I hope those major bnet change has some kind of anti-bot automake game feature. i.e type in random generated code ala those download sites. (can't remember what that system is called)