Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Resolved] Attack Speed Affixes

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by Nunc, Feb 28, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 753

1. Nunc

Nunc IncGamers Member

[Resolved] Attack Speed Affixes

Hey Rush, thanks for being awesome, and for these forums.

I have some questions about the speed affixes in the database.

As far as I can tell, there's:

Casting Speed
    Haste
    Haste [Kings]

Please tell me...

1) Is it still supposed to be called "Casting Speed"?
    2) What's this "Kings" bit?
    3) Is any of these the actual affix that shows up on this dagger at 1:20 of this video? I couldn't find any that reads as + Attacks Per Second! Could it be missing?

[video=youtube;eX81boevXkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX81boevXkA[/video]

Also, on another topic, think you might want to know I featured Diablonut's mentioning of «This skill is affected by your characters: Attacks per second (set to 1 for example above)» to make a thread on our forums. Let me link it here to see if there's anything you'd like to say about it since we haven't figured out why this occurs with some skills only, and not just DoTs even:

http://www.armadagaming.com/showthread.php?400-The-*hidden*-Weapon-Damage-scaling-revealed

In particular, Electrocute has a [Rune Level] modifier, is that a remnant of the past? Is it actually still in game files?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  2. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

Re: Attack Speed Affixes

Hi there Nunc again!

You're my biggest fan it seems.

Affixes are due an update as the interface on Diablonut doesn't match what's in our database ( lots missing and hard to navigate ) so I'll be updating that as soon as I can get around to it (late next week or in two weeks time at the current rate).

Rune levels do seem to be a remnant of the past where they started D3 with rune levels but you never know ;)

I can let you know I've figured out all the fomulae for all the skills but I can't let you know just yet due to competition. However in the next update for DiabloNut you can expect to be able to play with skills in a much better way than right now.

I hope that helps a little even if it is vague.:thumbup:
  3. Nunc

Nunc IncGamers Member

Alright, it did seem likely it needed an update due to the "rune levels".

I'm really looking forward to see if there's a +APS mod somewhere. Not to mention the formulae for all the skills! What could I possibly do to get a sneak peek, as your biggest fan and all? :wink:

I'm still a bit intrigued as to why that "This skill is affected by your characters" line is showing for some skills (as detailed in my the forum thread I linked to before), so could that just be an update issue as well? Because these skills do get their weapon damage modified on the tooltip.

Thanks for all your great work! :)
  4. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

I've been reading your thread, and it's nice to see people working on things I've had to slog through on my own.

The "this skill is affected by your characters" line is something I added in to help users without showing the full formulae. My attempt to bring readability to something which can quickly go south.

And to your other question. Maybe :smug:
  5. Dorjan

Dorjan DiabloNut.Com

also, with regards to your video. Attacks per Second (the decimal) is referring to the characters stat. Where the other one is an affix for the weapon ;)