Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Requesting Advice from D3 SPFers -- Infernal Machine solo and self-found

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Ivan E, Mar 10, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 1640

1. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Hello, D3 SPF denizens!

I was hoping to borrow a bit of your time to pose a question. I'm not looking for any specific answer here -- just genuinely wondering what you would advise me to do.

I play entirely self-found, and have all 5 classes somewhere between 10 and 20 in terms of plvl. The drops I've had have been... unbalanced... to say the least across classes, and as a result some are decked out much more than others. Rather than one-shotting everything on MP0 to farm Paragon levels, I generally try to play at the MP setting that poses a challenge to me (read: I have to play smart, and don't expect to die more than 1 time per run, hopefully 0).

In the course of playing, I've managed to assemble 10 Infernal Machines. I wasn't really planning on doing the event when it first came out, as I was seriously underpowered even for MP1. However, my WD can now generally handle MP4, while my Barb and DH can deal with MP3 quite well. (Monk still does best on MP1, poor all res gear has dropped for him, haven't played my Wiz in a while so I don't even remember what her deal is.) I'm interested in the Infernal Machine events for two reasons: primarily, the challenge of additional content, and secondarily, the chance for a Hellfire Ring, as even without the +% exp, which I don't care about, a ring I craft will almost certainly be an upgrade.

Anyway, my question is simple but manyfold: should I bother attempting this at all? What MP level will I be able to do it on, if I try? Is it easier with one class, solo, than another? Is there some kind of cheesy skill build that will give me a greater chance of success? I really hate the idea that Blizzard made the Hellfire Ring components (and keys) based on drop rates. I'd rather have certainty of organ "fragments" for playing on lower-MPs, but that ship has sailed. Anyway, if it's going to be a complete waste of time and I won't be able to do it except on MP0 with any class, I probably won't bother. But, if say, my Barb can handle it on MP2 with ease, maybe that 20% chance is worth taking a flier on.

FWIW, I tend to have the most trouble with Rakanoth in the course of just playing the game. That's the fight that I'm dreading most (especially paired with Ghom), but the other ones don't seem too bad, though I am worried about hitting the enrage with Kulle.

My profile is here, in case you're willing to look and give advice: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StriderRemix-1675/hero/12990217 (ignore the builds... a lot of times I swap passives to test DPS with various skill/gear selections, and I'm not married to any build -- I generally swap builds every time I play to keep it fresh).

Thanks in advance!
  2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

I solo'd Ubers on my WD on MP5 with around 100k dps I believe. It was fairly easy. Not self found, but hopefully that will give you some idea. But since it looks like you don't have any mana regen on your WD, it might be easier with your Barb (especially if you have a high LoH weapon stashed) seeing as the fight lasts for a while.

I can't think of anything cheesy you can do with a Barb. If you have chance to stun/freeze items, you can use them on your WD with Acid Cloud/Rain of Toads to stun-lock everything. I find the Kuule/Siege Breaker fight to be the hardest fight, so set up your build to be able to CC Kuule as much as possible. Hex/Gargantuan Bruiser on WD and Ground Slam stun/Leap Attack stun both work well.