Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Request: Sticky thread for "known calculations"

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by nasgun, Apr 30, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 938

1. nasgun

nasgun IncGamers Member

Request: Sticky thread for "known calculations"

Hi all!

I am new in the forum and I started playing D3 beta one week ago. After trying all the characters I started digging a bit on Internet about builds, calculations, game mechanics etc...

I have been reading many of your posts and I found some of them really interesting. Nevertheless I have not found a common "foundation" or whatever for the calculations and game mechanics. I know it is a bit early cause the game has not started yet, cause some theories are still not mature, cause there are still some disagreements....

But I think that creating an sticky thread with the informationgs regarding 1H and DW, EHP, etc... at least with what we commonly accept today would be a great idea to:

1- Have a common reference
    2- Further discuss

What do you think?
  2. Sooru

Sooru IncGamers Member

Re: Request: Sticky thread for "known calculations"

You can find something like that in my signature, the 'Combat Mechanics Compendium' link. So far we've added mostly the offensive aspects, though there is some very good math about life, armor and resistances around too. The information there has been scraped from this and other websites and/or by own research and testing. Few things there aren't as detailed as they could be, for example known speed modifiers for certain skills.

I guess people are a bit hesitant to put a lot of work into something like that currently since there is a slight chance that the Game Guide Blizzard has been talking about would actually be satisfactory. If it's lacking lot of the vital information, I'm sure each website will come to have it's own compilation, tailored for the audience in question.

I'll add links to good posts about the subjects below:

Resistances and Armor

How things scale with APS/DPS

Weapon swing timers

CC duration on elites - seems to be about 70%

Things about movement speed

Wiki entry about the above
  3. nasgun

nasgun IncGamers Member

Thank you so much :)
  4. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Sooru, that Compendium is absolutely amazing. I had no idea about your site. Definitely going to be visiting it often!