Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

repair costs of superior base runewords

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by acceleration turkey, Jul 23, 2005. | Replies: 6 | Views: 571

1. acceleration turkey

acceleration turkey IncGamers Member

repair costs of superior base runewords

are all superior runewords really expensive to repair? is it better to just make them in regular bases if you dont duel or arent trying to make the 'best build ever?" im finding that the repair costs of my superior base runewords are tremendous and i dont feel like spending a ral or an ort everytime i want to fix them up.

should i re-make them in regular bases? or will the repairs still be high?
  2. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

In this respect the 'best' runewords are of course those that are indestructible, those that have no durability, those made in weapons that are not used for fighting and those used by mercenaries.The one I missed out there was playing and never getting hit as I cant manage that myself in hell difficulty just yet.

Having said that if your dead keen to possess one of the others making money is not difficult, money find being the quality of some items. If you cant be bothered with your main character why not make a money find character for the purpose.If you then find youre awash with gold why not have a go at gambling? :)
  3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

To my knowledge, the repair costs are around the same for a superior item and a normal item, so it wouldn't make a difference.

A quick question, the items that cost alot for you to repair, do they have charges (and are you using those charges)?
  4. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

As far as I know, repair costs for superior based runewords are indeed higher. That's why i made my forti in a near-perfect non-sup archon, the difference in defense is neglible, but the difference in repair cost is not... :)

*stkrause
  5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Your probably right. I just never noticed it before (or heard anything about it). :/ Though, it does make sense that the superior items should cost more to repair.
  6. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

They cost significantly more to repair.
    We're talking significant to the extent that sometimes you gotta go on gold runs to earn the cash to repair it.
  7. Daethwalker

Daethwalker IncGamers Member

I think it also has to do with how long a person waits to repair an item. Personally, I'll repair my items at the start of every game.

It still adds up to the same amount, whether you repair every game or wait until you start seeing the armor/weapon graphics that lets you know you need repairing. But, by repairing often, I'm usually not stuck with a really high bill.

That's also where the right type of superior can shine for the really costly items. Though 15% ed is fantastic, don't ignore the IMD (increased max durability).

IMD is good because it adds more durability points, which decreases the cost of repairing per point. The total cost is the same. But, single points are less.

Example: Say an item costs 1 million gold to repair from zero durabilty to full. If the durability is only 10, that's 100,000 per point. But, if you can increase it to 20, then it's reduced to 50,000 per point. Obviously a 15%(best you can get, I think) IMD want add that many pts. But even a cple of pts helps.

And AFAIK, increased durability doesn't add any more to the total costs of repairs while enhanced defense does. I could be wrong though, anyone know for sure?