Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Remnants of Error 12: The mute epidemic

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by CaptainDingo, Apr 27, 2012. | Replies: 0 | Views: 517

1. CaptainDingo

CaptainDingo IncGamers Member

Remnants of Error 12: The mute epidemic

There are many of us out there who have Error 12. I'm not talking about servers being hammered, Open Beta participants who didn't realize it had closed, or anything of the sort. Changing Battletags, passwords, etc. does nothing for our particular strain of Error 12.

Here's how it came about: If you didn't participate in the Closed Beta prior to Open Beta, participated in the Open Beta, then after the Open Beta closed, you added a Closed Beta key to your account, congratulations, you're forever stuck under Error 12.

The key is added successfully with a little green popup, and your profile information shows that, yep, you've got beta access.

But when you try and log in to the game, Error 12. No license attached to your account.

And if you didn't have the foresight to use the forum before Open Beta was over, you can't switch to D3BETA and post in the forums.

I tried to tell them via a ticket, but they told me to get technical support in the forums. I told them, I can't use the forums despite having a legit beta key tied to my account, and none of the solutions offered on the forums fix our particular strain of Error 12.

Why make a big deal about this? Because we have a legitimate key (albeit Closed Beta) attached to our accounts and can't play. If this issue persists into retail (which I believe it can and will), there's going to be a small-scale launch day disaster that could have been avoided if they had just looked into the problem sooner. If my closed beta key isn't being properly detected, why would my retail key be? I fear I'll log in to Diablo 3 the day I get access and will be shown an unfixed Error 12 that should have been repaired before launch.

I bring this up here because, as stated, I cannot (and 75% of people afflicted with the issue cannot) use the Diablo 3 forums, but also because I know a lot of you can and might be able to convince blues to get in contact with those of us who have the problem to try and straighten it out before the game launches. Heck, I have 2 friends who are experiencing the exact same problem.

Omakros was trying to help several other people reporting the problem 2 days ago, but hasn't gotten back to them with any new status on the issue.

How can we get Blizzard to work with us and solve this problem before the game launches?