Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Redemptio - The Road to Redemption [Pat Thread + Diary to Level 99]

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Jan 27, 2013. | Replies: 60 | Views: 9249

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Level: 94

[​IMG]

In the dimmest nights, of the darkest days, a force beyond all comprehension lingered in the cover of nightfall. Men and woman alike would be found mutilated, spread out on the cobbled streets. Howls of pain would echo through the wind tunnel roads of Das Kyrias, The City Of Altars. Cries of torment descend from The Great Altar, filling the market with sound, and emptying it of people.

Years pass and the agony of those trapped within the greatest torture chamber imaginable, once a great city of commerce, continues. Foregone are the times of mercy, the times of pity. Those who lived within the walls of Das Kyrias were criminals of the most demonic factions. They were lured into The City Of Altars in hordes, captivated by the promise of wealth.

And so it came to pass as it always does in such recounts of history, that a hero rose from the ashes of the peace and prosperity that was scorched from the land, and vanquished the evil that had besieged this once magnificent dominion. It came however, in the most unlikely of forms. A young man of no spectacular heritage, for he had none that was known to this world, came across the damned domain of which I have spoken. It was in that moment of recognition that the young man threw aside his Human form, and from the blinding light caused by such a transformation, an Angel rose. An Angel, called Tyrael. How he had come to exist in this world, he did not know. His own world was but a faint memory of laughter and golden gates. With a power rivalled only by that of the evil he could see before him, he smote down the barred gates of Das Kyrias, and marched with great purpose to The Great Altar. He was aware that this evil has no physical form, but with a mind as keen as his blade, he fought this great evil for what in the physical realm was a split second, but in the realm of spirits, it was an age. With an exhausted sigh, Tyrael looked at his foe, and wondered what he would do with the soul he had trapped within his previous form. In that moment, he began... To remember...

What you ask, did Tyrael do? Sit my child, and I will tell you, and I will tell you only because it is this world in which we exist, that the impossible would take place.

...Tyrael shook the young man until he awoke, frightened and weak.
    "You have brought the the most villainous of people to this dark city, and upon them you have exacted evil beyond what even they could have dreamed. You did this not because they themselves were evil, but because they were easily corrupted, easily lured into your encampment. "

"You will earn your peace spirit of the realm, or you will suffer for eternity in the Wailing Halls."

"A great evil has come to this world of Sanctuary, and it must be defeated. You spirit of the realm, will defeat this great evil. You will raise those cretins, whom you tortured, to do your bidding. In the light of your hatred, you will redeem yourself, and you will redeem your victims! Furthermore, you will grow and you will learn, until you are as powerful as a Necromancer can be. Then spirit, then you will be redeemed."

Tyrael released the now spiritually bound being, and set him loose to fight the evil that had crawled through the gates of Hell. With one last blast of authority, he bellowed at the spirit.

"You will need a name hero, and I think this to be fitting. Go forth, Redemptio!

[​IMG]

Ok, sorry about that, it's probably awful, but it was rather enjoyable!

This is partly a Patriarch thread, and partly my journey to level 99. Redemptio has now defeated Baal, but he has much to learn as yet, and learn he will. I plan for him to learn all that can be learnt, until he can progress no more.

I will basically update this thread regularly, detailing the journey. I imagine there will be some joy, some loot, and some frustration.

Before I even start the second part of the journey (getting to 99), I would like to thank Cyrax for giving me some advice on a set-up for Baal, specifically the mercenary. I have pretty much gone by what Cyrax said, apart from the boneflame, which I swapped out for Homunculus.

Hope you enjoy the read, and please feel free to check in every now and then to see how I'm doing!

The Redeemed Souls

[​IMG]
    Arshuk
    Faction: Thieve's Guild
    Crime: Theft, Treason

[​IMG]
    Dransyk
    Crime: Theft, Murder

[​IMG]
    Ansria
    Faction: N/A
    Crime: Serial Adultery

[​IMG]
    Lanshis
    Faction: Asymite Brotherhood
    Crime: Murder, Treason

[​IMG]
    Nyvil
    Faction: City Guard (exiled)
    Crime: Desertion, Treason, Murder

[​IMG]
    Phynelm
    Faction: Rebel Court
    Crime: Rebellion, Treason

[​IMG]
    Nymettra
    Crime: Theft, Rape

[​IMG]
    Shyraik
    Crime: Murder, Assault, Theft

[​IMG]
    Ursuul
    Crime: Murder, Treason

[​IMG]
    Einshard
    Faction: N/A
    Crime: Murder, Rape

[​IMG]
    Hynzial
    Faction: City Guard (exiled)
    Crime: Corruption, Desertion

[​IMG]
    Janzeel
    Crime: Theft, Murder

Lenshuire
    Crime: Murder

Gear:

Weapon
    [​IMG]

Shield
    [​IMG]

Armour
    [​IMG]

Helm
    [​IMG]

Gloves
    [​IMG]

Boots
    [​IMG]

Belt
    [​IMG]

Amulet
    [​IMG]

Rings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Switch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Videos:

Baal Run 1

Chaos Run 1

Notable Finds:

High Runes:
    Ber
    [​IMG]
    Sur
    [​IMG]

Charms:
    Gheeds
    [​IMG]

Uniques:
    Boneflame
    [​IMG]
    Ethereal 67@resist Kira's
    [​IMG]
    Eschuta's
    [​IMG]
    Horizon's
    [​IMG]
    5/5 Facet
    [​IMG]
    Tomb Reaver
    [​IMG]
    Stormspire
    [​IMG]

Sets:

Rares:
    [​IMG]

Quirks:
    [​IMG]

Misc Screenshots:

Baal:

Raising the army:
    [​IMG]

Killing Pindle:
    [​IMG]

Awful Pindle Drop (reason I no longer bother):
    [​IMG]

Clearing the Throne:
    [​IMG]

Wave 1:
    [​IMG]

Wave 2:
    [​IMG]

Chilling with Malah:
    [​IMG]

Wave 3:
    [​IMG]

Wave 4:
    [​IMG]

Wave 5:
    [​IMG]

Fighting Baal:
    [​IMG]

Baal crying like a baby:
    [​IMG]

Entries:

Entry #1
    Entry #2
    Entry #3
    Entry #4
    Entry #5
    Entry #6

Related Links of Interest:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. Kitteh

Entry #1:

Baal runs are rather enjoyable, and it has been a significant amount of time since I last ran them for any great length. I've done maybe 30 runs, and whilst one of the drops was an almost anti-perfect Verdungos, the other was a 20/231 RF, so I'm happy so far. I'm just approaching level 86, so it's not as though I've really got started yet, but I shall do some runs now, and possibly some tonight once I've dropped Briony off at home.

I also noticed that I forgot to post Redemptio's gear, so I'll give a brief overview now;

Redemptio;
    Helm: Harlequin Crest 'Um'
    Body: Enigma BP
    Belt: Arachnid 102ed
    Gloves: Trang Oul's Claw
    Boots: Marrowwalk 2/18/17
    Weapon: Beast BA
    Shield: Homunculus 'Um'
    Switch: Call to Arms/Lidless
    Amulet: Maras 27 all resist
    Rings: SoJ and a BK

3 skillers, one with 24 life and one with 4 dexterity.
    Variety of fhr/resist, fhr/mana and resist/life small charms.

Mercenary;
    Helm: Guillames '15ias/15lres jewel'
    Body: Fortitude Ebugged KS
    Weapon: Infinity CA

I also timed my current runs. 4:48. Absolutely awful... Better telebombing will help.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Congrats! I look forward to the 99 :)
  4. Tupsi

Tupsi IncGamers Member

Good luck on your journey and enjoy the ride :)
  5. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Pat and good luck!
  6. Kitteh

Thank you :)
    I think it will be a very long and bumpy road, but I have others doing it to motivate me, and doing entries here when I get frustrated should help!
  7. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Can I demotivate you right away or should I wait your frustration period? Nah, not now, frustration period is better. :funnyabove:
  8. Kitteh

Please wait for my frustration period, because then I can say I at least attempted it :loving:
  9. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

98 -99 is hell.
  10. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Good luck kitteh, what player setting are you going to be running on?
  11. Kitteh

12. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Is that 3 for waves and then 8 for Mr Waternoose?
  13. Kitteh

Yes :loving:

I seem to remember something about only Baal/Diablo and Nhilithak giving experience at level 98, which worries me...
  14. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Yeah i think Helvete is currently running nihlathak for 98-99, i may be wrong, but yeah its pretty much those targets only from 98 that give relevant xp.

But saying that im sure i heard something that possessed monsters give relevant xp more than champ/fanatics/ghostly etc. I may have my wires crossed here though :/
  15. Kitteh

My Barbarian will probably respec to concentrate or berserk and run Nhilithak for 98-99, and he'll get going once I make his BotD. Will make it easier if I have two characters to play!
  16. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Running baal at higher than p3, or diablo at higher than p7 is a waste. Takes long to kill, drops are barely influenced (in baal's case - no difference for Diablo) and most importantly exp gain is no larger.

You're better off going p8/3 or just p3 all the way if you want fast minion waves.
  17. Kitteh

18. Kitteh

Entry #2

Just hit level 91, so I'm still not really started yet, but I'm getting closer to where I consider 'on the way to 99'. 98 basically^^
    Trang belt dropped which made me smile, another grailer! Not much else to update, but it seemed a good level/marker to do an update. I'm considering swapping my BK for a Nagel as I have zero survivability problems, plus my spare points now go into a BA synergy.
    Baal runs are faster due to practise, as is Baal himself. I'm now telebombing wave 5 without mercenary issues, which is good :loving:
  19. Twibz

Twibz IncGamers Member

Good progress Kitteh , im enjoying reading this :D
  20. Kitteh

My nightmares/flashbacks have flared up recently, and tonight is not good. This means that I'm going to be up all night Baal running, so I'll likely have a decent update in the morning.