Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Really slow installation download!

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by Rainywinter, Apr 20, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 6272

1. Rainywinter

Rainywinter IncGamers Member

Really slow installation download!

It's like on 50kb/s and sometimes 10 kb/s. It won't finish the 4 gb in two weeks with that rate! Any way to enhance speed or to download from direct link? My internet connection is 15 mb/s.

2. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

Re: Really slow installation download!

Make sure the launcher is not blocked in the firewall (Windows or router). If you have a security suite software, you may want to temporary disable it to test if it's causing problems (sometimes they have integrated firewall type utility). You may need to open some ports on your router.
    Ports to unblock : 1119, 6881 to 6999.

3. Rainywinter

Rainywinter IncGamers Member

Thanks, maybe I was a bit haste to post, (was about 15-20 mins after I started the D\L. It's "ok" now... the DL is between 300-600 kb\s most of the time I guess. I use Netlimiter because it ****s up my upload and makes my internet go crap.

4. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

The downloader may use a torrent-style system, so it may take a while to pick up all the sources but once you got connected to a few clients, the downloads should be fine.