Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Really? Every lvl 60 class will be identical now?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by JiggaJustin, Feb 19, 2012. | Replies: 115 | Views: 7689

1. JiggaJustin

JiggaJustin IncGamers Member

Really? Every lvl 60 class will be identical now?

This update is beyond dissapointing. They made this great RPG game into a cash shop arcade game...
  2. Zokar

Zokar IncGamers Member

Re: Really? Every lvl 60 class will be identical now?

Totally agree, we'll all have the same skills, same runes and most importantly we'll all have the same exact gear. What a disaster!!!

3. Abomb

Abomb IncGamers Member

Sup Hideo/MattYpie/etc. Who am I forgetting?

You also misspelled the word disappointing.

4. Zokar

Zokar IncGamers Member

I don't know, but we should come up with a unifying nickname at somepoint, don't ya think?

5. SZero

SZero IncGamers Member

The most scary thing isn't the update itself, but how many people who seem to enjoy having less variety at max level.
  6. Abomb

Abomb IncGamers Member

Oh totally. You'll think of something.

7. Kaeros

Kaeros IncGamers Member

This whole thread is a bit trolly, but I'd like to ask an honest question to people who dig the new system.

Don't you expect to wear out the excitement of the skill/rune combinations very, very fast? They're being fed to us like a drip from level 6 to 60, which means that we're going to be experimenting the *hell* out of every combination we can as they unlock. By 60, I think most of us will have already exhausted everything initially awesome about the system. This means that, when we hit Inferno, the only real thing we can look forward to is the item hunt. However, will there be enough motivation left for that item hunt?

I just can't see how Diablo 3's systems could captivate a player for more than a few weeks. Diablo 2 had some systems that seem archaic now, but it has been going strong for more than a *decade.* At this point, with all systems revealed, the only way I think Diablo 3 can have lasting power is if the itemization is GREAT. As in, tons of unique effects and build-centric items.
  8. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

There difference is much less than you think. Blizzard always maintained that, in Inferno, runes at rank 4-5 would be standard, basic essentials. Which is... what we are going to have now without the grind attached to it. The core shortcomings of the skill system were not altered with this change.

I can think of two negative aspects of this change in the short term:
    1. Lower flexibility of experimentation while leveling.
    2. The short term illusion of player choice (i.e. the now greatly lamented differentiation between players via ranks of skill runes) is gone.

Long term aspects of this change are economy related, I can't comment on that. The fundamental flaws of the skill system itself were not erased, but they also were not aggravated.
  9. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

BSTB short for "Blizzard stole their bikes" or FUWTRS "Fed up with the rape soup"

Admittedly not very catchy ones.

10. JiggaJustin

JiggaJustin IncGamers Member

Sorry for my typo im on an iPhone at work so I didn't have an oppurtunity to proof read my post for slight spelling mistakes. Unlike some of you I don't make a career out of replying to threads with useless spam. Anyways, I'll still be buying the game of course and I'm not trying to flame blizzard. But wow... At this point even world of warcraft has more customizatiom and diversity among players now with it's talent tree system. I am incredibly saddened by this system. At least limit it to one rune per skill and have a free rune reset artisan if you want it to be completely easymode casual..
  11. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Er, with the old system, everybody was going to be the same, given that you possessed the runes. Calm down.
  12. Kaeros

Kaeros IncGamers Member

Yeah, I was equally unhappy with the previous system. I was hoping that the new reveal would, well, fix the issues that are still there.

My question still stands, though. What's really left for us once we hit Inferno? We've had 60 levels to play with rune effects as they were dropped in our hands one by one, so the allure of trying new builds isn't going to be all that great at cap. If it doesn't immediately lose its appeal, then most certainly after a month or so.

My solution, I guess, would be end-game items that are very build-centric. This allows us to create further goals for ourselves as players. I can start trying to collect gear to be the perfect Whirlwind barbarian, for example, and it could take months. I think that is a much more appealing end-game prospect than standardized gear that raises everything across the board equally. In addition to that, I think it's going to be very important to have legendary items that have very unique, crazy, sought-after effects. Not just stats, but actual abilities, auras, and things that can't be found on anything else.

Provide those two elements, and I think there will be ample motivation to grind indefinitely through Inferno.

13. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Site Pal

I agree, the game is definitely starting to look like its main focus is itemization and how to use them to best compliment the skills. I'll be happy if it turns out that way as rare drops are what kept me going in diablo 2 more then anything. Plus if they do it right certian items will allow builds to be viable that would otherwise not work. Here's to hoping.
  14. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

What's the difference between that and, say, a "bash" barbarian?

15. Kaeros

Kaeros IncGamers Member

Hopefully, a bunch of equipment tailored for using Whirlwind as your main skill. (Plus to Whirlwind damage, perhaps plus to range or other unique effects). Basically an evolved form of +X to Skill from Diablo 2.

16. DoctorWitch

DoctorWitch IncGamers Member

Um....how about BEATING Inferno.
  17. Panopticon

Panopticon IncGamers Member

In these threads: people still acting like they will have all the awesome Inferno gear a month after release and be bored. "Only items are left" Only...only?!? I think people need to wash the rose off their glasses and realize that in a world where everything isn't duped millions of times, getting some these items is going to take a looong time, if even ever.
  18. Kaeros

Kaeros IncGamers Member

I'm not sure you really got what I was trying to say.
  19. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

it's because both sides would rather argue about type of game neither side will be playing once this game drops in order to get a message board win.
  20. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Here we go again.