Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quick Hammerdin Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TonyMontana, Mar 6, 2006. | Replies: 5 | Views: 275

1. TonyMontana

TonyMontana IncGamers Member

Quick Hammerdin Question

Sup yall,

Tried searching, apparently 'hammerdin' is a popular term :)

anyways, I just started one and got him to lvl 18. I have like 8 skill points saved, which is enough to get blessed hammer + concentration (+ vigor and BA too if I want) for a couple of levels.

My question is, what order do I max the skills in? my final plan is

20 Hammer
    20 Concentration
    20 Vigor
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Blessed Aim

Probably maxing holy shield last after building it up to 10-15 or so mid game.

I was planning on maxing concentration first, because auras rule and thats how I did my avenger. Should I max the synergies first to keep the mana cost down, or will maxing hammer next be best for damage?
  2. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

There's a well written guide here which shows what order to max you skills in to obtain the most damage possible at each level. iirc, after you've maxed BH, you want to keep the total number of points in BH's synergies (not including + skills) 11 levels above your conc level (with + skills). Or something like that :grin:
  3. San

San IncGamers Member

Bah. It doesn't have any big sexual significance, in what order you place those skills. You'll be levelling at NM Baal in just a couple of days, easily, especially if you play twinked. Playing cookie-cutter builds is very painless, IMO.
  4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

You need a solid Hammer with synergies for Concentration to be really effective. Check the guide referred, or play by ear (do what you feel like doing). I personally level Hammer, Conc and Vigor at an equal rate. Blessed Aim will be maxed last, after at least 10 points in Holy Shield.

Edit: one thing to keep in mind is that Concentration benefits your merc while the synergies don't. Not that you excessively need your merc, but it's handy to have a powerful one to clean out the leftovers.
  5. TonyMontana

TonyMontana IncGamers Member

Thanks all! I saw ragnarod's guide but had missed this one. I hate the idea of so many points in blessed aim so early but I think a lot of y'alls advice is good.
  6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

put one point in fanaticism and use smite on hell baal he drop faster this way.
    i'm doing P8 baal in minutes with a Black runeword and Gorerider and when his life drop enought the switch to hammers.
    don't forget that your merc should use kelpir snare to keep him on place