Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Quick Build: PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Akukami, Oct 31, 2007. | Replies: 52 | Views: 33072

1. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Quick Build: PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

This build is really beginner-friendly, and it is one of the most effective and cheapest Frozen Orb Rush Sorc Builds in Classic Diablo II.

Gear
    Helm: Iratha's Coil
    Weapon: Spectral Shard
    Shield: 3-Socket PDiamond Large Shield
    Armor: Twitchthroe
    Gloves: Iratha's Cuff
    Boots: FHR 3x FR/LR/PR* or 2x FR/LR/PR* Boots OR Hotspur
    Belt: Iratha's Cord
    Left Ring: FCR 2x FR/LR/PR*
    Right Ring: FCR 2x FR/LR/PR*
    Amulet: Iratha's Collar

* Combination of any 2 or 3 Resists

Stats
    45 Base Str, Base Dex, Base Energy, Rest Vita

Skills (Level 80)
    20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Icebolt
    20 Teleport
    1 Static Field
    3 Warmth
    1 Frost Nova
    1 Ice Blast
    1 Glacial Spike
    1 Blizzard
    1 Telekinesis

With this build, you won't have to Mana potting constantly because of Maxed Teleport. For those of you who don't already know, adding points to Teleport reduces the amount of Mana required for each Tele. (Maxed Tele = 5 Mana per Tele, and 24 Tele from added skills = 1 Mana per Tele.) Adding a point to Warmth is optional for Mana regeneration, but I recommend putting one into it so you'll be able to Tele indefinitely.

Leveling

If you don't have someone to Chant you, please refer to Orphan's Guide to find the best places to level.

Get the Sorc to Level 20, and hit up Normal Cow games to Level 25-30. Once you acquire Frozen Orb, you can try Norm CSing to gain a few levels, or you can NM Cow with a group to Level 40-45. After this, play with a group through Hell, and get to CS; the rest of your leveling is done here.

Rushing Issues

It is a proven fact that there is no one Sorc that can effectively take on the entire game by itself, and you will need help when rushing, especially when it comes to Hell Act 2 and 3. So what about adding a second kill spell, you ask? You could do that, but from personal experience, it doesn't make the rushing any easier. If you are rushing someone, make sure you have access to another high-level character that can effectively kill Cold Immunes in Claw Viper Temple Level 2, Arcane Sanctuary, and Travincial - preferably, a PvM Barb.

- Akukami
  2. Silverblade

Silverblade IncGamers Member

Quick question on this build.

I don't have any +skills. How many points should I invest in wramth to get indefinite teleporting? Thanks
  3. yohed

yohed IncGamers Member

20 in warmth would probably do the trick. that would finish in the 90's i believe.

Just use aku's build and carry some mana pots, you only have to pop a super mana like once every 10-20 teleports.

This sorc also has mad resists, I started teling for hell cs at level 25.

This build kicks major ***, and its cheap... go for it!
  4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

You will have to wait until level 80 to really judge how many points you want in Warmth beyond the 3 Akukami suggests. Personally, I think that 3 will be all you'll need, since at level 80 your mana pool will be big enough. And like Yohed wrote, just bring some mana potions. You might need those mana potions for possible manaburners anyway.
  5. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

the same gear suggestion as my itharas blizzard sorc guide ;)

-Fred
  6. XXVII

XXVII IncGamers Member

Come to think of it, I'll just type out my version instead writing on yours :)
  7. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

I just thought of this: Treads of Cthon is also not a bad beginning pair of Boots for this Sorc.

- Akukami
  8. ezvpn

ezvpn IncGamers Member

This build is pretty much your mephisto sorc glitcher, which works very well. :thumbsup: They are a good use for your glitcher when you accidently get mephisto quest. But I wouldn't use an active glitcher to do this as the only monster i get exp from is mephisto. However, if i'm going to rush, I prefer to mf through NM than switch to serious PVM gear for hell with my sorc and than switch to hammerdin to finish from Duriel on. BTW, I tried the glitcher with LOD, not as effective and the lvling is, lol, too quick. Good job. :wave:
  9. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

if you are mephy glitching in a relatively slow series of cs runs, you can go for mephy first, then moat trick mephy's council for a bit more xp as well. I had a glitcher to 87 on the last ladder, and I feel your pain about leveling much higher than that

10. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Re: Quick Build: PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

I just made this sorc, and it's really nice. 82/85/82/85 resists in hell with crappy boots and rings (10 FCR but not much else). Everybody likes to think that Iratha set = noob, but then I ask them how much resists they have, and then tell them how much I have :laugh:. Thanks for this guide, really nice!
  11. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I want to make a sorc for rushing mules to Hell, then convert the mules to expansion and rush them to forge (to avoid the lvl req for the ancients in act 5)

Provided the above works, I only need the sorc to be able to finish act 4 NM easily. I guess about lvl 60-70 would be reasonable target.

As for skills... I consider 2 options: orb or Blizzard.

Going orb is easier to kill (i guess), but goind blizzard gives you several options on left click (I blast, glacial Spike, and orb iirc)

Given that its gonna be my first classic char on ladder, and the gear is gonna be what I find and maybe what i can trade, what would be the best build to go with?
  12. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

for rushing u want to use an orber as it leaves u lots of skill pts left for max teleport (for rushing). also if u just gonna do nm (nightmare) orb will kill just as fast as bliz cuz its only nm and monsters have low enough life.

as for gear, u want FCR (being as u wanna be a rusher). though getting all the FCR gear can take some time-difficulty though its not "expensive" gear.

if u haven't seen/read this thread it has a lot more in-depth as an "add-on" to akuma's sorc thread:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=654574

read all its pages-posts not jsut the 1st page of it. has a lot of info for u to consider for your build. it should help u, if u havent already checked this thread out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here's my build info from that link i posted:

*max orb, ice bolt, cold mast, teleport. at least 1 static, 1 firewall/metoer, 1 fire mast, 1 nova, 1 lit mast, 1 cold armor (optional)

*the fire (firewall/meteor, fire mast) and lit (nova, lit mast) skills is for dealing with cold immunes, so its optional.

*on gear: most important : FCR > +skills > resists > mana/life : least important

gear choices:

*shard unique dagger (50% FCR, +50 mana?), wall of eyeless unique shield (20% FCR, +5 mana per kill!!), magefist unique gloves (20% FCR, ?, 45 str req.), rare amulet (only way to get +2 skills: hell diablo drop or gamble? char lvl at least 87? or above) (10% FCR, +2 skills, resists, etc.), man oak? unique amulet (+10 str, +10 dex, +10 vit, +10 nrg, +10% resist all), rare ring (10% FCR, resists, etc.), rare ring (10% FCR, resists, etc.), soj unique ring (+1 skill, mana regen? or +mana?), soj unique ring (+1 skill, mana regen?, +mana?), silks unique armor (+1 skill, ?), heavenly garb? unique armor (mana regen, ?), twitch unique armor (FHR, +20% shield block chance, +10 str, +10 dex, 27 str req.), rare boots (+dex?, +str?, resists, 30% walk/run, etc.), any unique boots (?=depends on boots), rare belt (+str, resists, etc.), lenymo unique belt (+5% resist all, mana regen), goldwrap? unique belt (10% FCR? or is it 10% IAS?, i can't remeber, 30% mf?), tarnhelm unique helmet (+1 skills, goldfind), darkdusk? or deepdusk? (whatever its name) unique helm (+15% resist all, ?), 3 socketed mask (+life or +mana or mana-life regen or +mf or +30 str or +30 dex or +AR, 23 str req., ugly looking), 3 socketed death mask (+life or +mana or mana-life regen or +mf or +30 str or +30 dex or +AR, 55 str req., ugly looking), 3 socketed-diamond shield (+57 resist all), rare shield (resists, def, 30/20, etc.), goldskins unique armor (75% ? resist all), any unique belt (?depends on belt), frost burn unique gloves (25% ? increase to mana pool, ?), etc.
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
  13. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

About gear i was thinking about maybe stopping at Normal meph for some glitch runs, and then NM meph for other glitch runs. This way I might be able to get some nice equip for later on.

And now meph is easily done with the moat trick and blizz.

As for teleport... I don't mind using pots, there's not charms so I can fill up the inventory with mana pots, that's not a problem for me:azn:
  14. WarlockCC

It might not be a problem now, but just wait until you get to Hell, where the Durance of Hate is really huge. You'll need Betty Ford to help you fight your blue potion dependency after every meph run. :)
  15. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Warlock, you are right about hell Meph.

But to rush mules to hell I only need to be able to kill Diablo in NM, i don't even have to go to act 3 Hell.

You see... this build would reach its purpose if it can clear normal and hell relatively fast.

I hope NM Chaos Sanctuary won't be much of a problem.
  16. tdallow

tdallow IncGamers Member

You have to also kill Act 1 and Act 2 in Hell, to then convert them to be in Act 1 Hell.

(When they are converted they will have Act 1 Hell and Act 2 complete.) If you dont complete Act 1 and 2 in Hell in classic, then they will be in Act 5 Nightmare.

Basically in LOD to be in Hell, you need to complete 10 Acts. (1 to 5 in Norm and 1 to in Nightmare)

So in classic u need 4 in Norm, 4 in Nightmare and the 2 extra ones in Hell. to get 10 acts and be in Hell.
  17. WarlockCC

nm Durance is also huge and Claw Viper (nm and hell) can be a lot of fun with all those charging snakes. The Maggot Lair might get on your nerves with all those bugs(itchies) draining mana(fortunately, I think they only drain mana in nightmare, in Hell it's stamina)
    For rushing purposes I've always found max teleport to be the minimum requirement.
    Then again, I am very bad at finding the way down and I've usually mapped out the complete map before I find where I wanted to go.
  18. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I'm not sure I really understand this thing with the completion of 10 acts.

What if I get the mule in Act 1 hell classic, and complete the 1st quest, then Convert to Exp. I will be in Act 5 NM (if you are right), but then lets say I get it to Exp Act 1 Hell, what would happen to that 1st quest?

1) It will be complete, even thought I couldn't enter hell exp.
    2) It will be incomplete so I'll do it twice?

@WarlockCC: so max Teleport isn't overkill in any way? (for rushing purposes)
  19. barty

barty IncGamers Member

For mf'n items you could always have nm/hell andy glitched as well, nm/hell andy can drop the items u need, and you dont need any [0%] mf. By adding a gull to my glitcher i ususally see 1-2 low lvl uniques and 1-3 sets per andy kill [adding a gull only, 100 mf]. that should help u get items quickly, for u can make the game u mf in with that character, and when u rush, you will always get quest drops*smiles. btw, number of characters does seem to affect the drops for me, the more the better , fyi.
    max teleport is gg for a rusher [imo],like 5 mana per tele around lvl 20. U dont need a strong orb either, max orb and max cold mastery is plenty for me, i maxed tele and got like a lvl 13 or so static. gg for stat/orb/running round hell andy, shes hella fast and dont get slowed by cold dmg atttacks. try irathas full set, shard, 3 perfect diamond shield, twitch/hawkmail, 2 x 10 fcr rare rings, 30 frw 2x res 30%+ and you will be rippin it up. cheap and easy.just off the top of my head.
  20. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try with some Andy glitch runs.

My main problem is that I got ABSOLUTELY nothing on classic! (except a couple dozen pots :cool:)
    So it's gonna be slow to make the char strong enough to be effective.

Is it worth to try some Normal Andy glitch runs? (for both leveling and items)