Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions For Veterans With Good Memories

Discussion in 'Classic' started by comeatmebrow, Jun 4, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 10108

1. comeatmebrow

comeatmebrow IncGamers Member

When Diablo 2 was first released was Battle.net available? Or did it take a week for it to go online? For some reason I remember Battle.net not being available when D2 first launched.

Also, were lances in Diablo 2 when it was first released (somebody told me this)? If not, which patch introduced them?

Thanks
  2. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

Lances were supposed to be in the game at time of release (1.00), but could not actually be found until patch 1.04. According to the patch notes for 1.04: "Lances, Holy Water Sprinklers, Grim Helms, War Clubs, and Stilettos can now be dropped by monsters and chests."
  3. Akii

Akii IncGamers Member

I think Bnet came out in the launch. There was a Stress Test before the launch to test the servers.. this wasnt enough of course :) I remember the first ½ years the servers were very unstable..
  4. USEast Tristan

USEast Tristan IncGamers Member

Certainly when six John "AOL Dial-Up" Does piled into a game and summoned 28 skeletons, 28 mages, and 28 revives apiece on open bnet, their complaints of about lag had to be taken with a grain of salt. Little wonder the summoning skills were rescaled.