Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

questions about Slow missiles

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by HobbesAC, Nov 16, 2007. | Replies: 12 | Views: 4279

1. HobbesAC

HobbesAC IncGamers Member

questions about Slow missiles

In my opinion slow missiles is probably one of the most unused powerful skill in d2 both in pvm and pvp. If you cast the skill fast enough your amazon could avoid every single missiles being fired at you. so now im wondering if there is a guide on this site about slow missiles and if there is any information on which kind of missiles this skill can slow and which it cant
  2. thepandafactor

thepandafactor IncGamers Member

In pvp this is considered BM, a lot of people use it though (some people even use sanc on switch for it).
  3. lukefojut

lukefojut IncGamers Member

I think I speak for the majority of Amazons out there when I say 'I'd rather kill the enemy than slow their attack!' Oh sugar - I'm not actually an amazon :D

Seriously though, In PvM I think the range of passive avoidance skills available to the Amazon make this skill redundant in a lot of cases.
  4. HobbesAC

but sm is still very useful when you run into a bunch of souls or lightning enchanted + conviction aura boss while having low resist

5. tigercan

tigercan IncGamers Member

It was a real life saver in 1.09 against those MSLE's as it slows the bolts down from LE enemies.

Not sure about guides, but it'll slow down any ranged attacks you come up against, including gloam lightning, red balls of death from the bloodwitches, lightning bolts from LE enemies, flayer blowdarts, arrows, spears...
  6. HobbesAC

yes but there are a few exceptions like Frozen orb, thunderstorm, FoH and i kinda wonder if it works on blessed hammer, hurricane and firestorm. and if it can slow down hurricane would you receive less damage/second if get hit?

7. lukefojut

lukefojut IncGamers Member

I'd need to test this, but am fairly sure it won't slow down any of the examples listed there as they cover an area of effect, more than being specifically missiles (barring FoH, which I wasn't sure about). Also, I believe Thunderstorm is a 'pulse' attack, like Holy Shock or Holy Fire auras.

8. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

You are not alone in your thinking. There are many 'zon players here (myself included) that heavily use Slow Missles- especially against the Act III Pigmy's and Gloams, but also against Archers and even those annoying saber cats that throw Javelins.

Not alot of people talk about using it. . .but tons of folks use it- unless they like being pelted by blow darts or lightning bolts that is. I think it's use would be almost required if you didn't invest in D/E/A skills. . .like a Spearazon using Fend for example.

9. HobbesAC

hmm i guess i have seen too many dumb kids on bnet then ^^ i dont think i have seen a single amazon using that skill either in pvp or pvm for at least a year :grin:

10. TheSilence

TheSilence IncGamers Member

Slow missile works on hurricane. It looks really cool, too.
  11. HobbesAC

great! now only if anyone has more info about all the other elemental skills

12. sorcerben

sorcerben IncGamers Member

Re: questions about Slow missiles

does i work against charged strike?
  13. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Re: questions about Slow missiles

Why do you keep resurrecting old dead threads? Instead of asking in a new thread?

Loads of new patches since then!!