Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question regarding the 1.00-1.03 'Wear anything' bug.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by imakeigloospat, Mar 29, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 374

1. imakeigloospat

imakeigloospat IncGamers Member

Hi!

I know this a long shot but I've been playing a lot of Diablo 2 Classic lately (the very early patches) and after reading the patch notes I came over this paragraph:

"Closed a loophole that allowed a player to equip and use an item that was beyond the character's ability."

I suddenly became very interested in this glitch/bug but I cannot reproduce it. I've tried so much but I can't figure it out. I tried Google and the only worthwhile documentation was this (taken from http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/hellforge/bugs.htm):

"Details: I found a bug that allows you to use any item (excluding rings and amulets) no matter what the requirements are. In order to exploit this bug, you must empty your inventory completely except for the item in which you wish to wear. Go to a group of monsters. Pick up the item and leave it on your cursor. Let the monsters kill you. Return to your corpse and click on it. The item will equip itself. Although you can't see it on your character, it IS there and works like a charm."

However, even trying this I cannot get it to work. So I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it? It's nothing I want to abuse, I just want to know how it works as I am really interested in glitches in general.

This bug was supposedly fixed in 1.04.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. VThief

VThief IncGamers Member

Ha. I've never heard of that one.

So I can't help.

But I'd want to know if the item stays "on" your char if you die again - so you could load items up 1 by 1 till your naked looking lvl 9 char is running around wearing full equipment for a lvl 67 char. Would have been fun in LLD back in the day against people unaware of the glitch.