Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on Rarity of Helm and Twitch Issue for my LLD barb.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Pounder, Apr 12, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1040

1. Pounder

Pounder IncGamers Member

Hello everyone, I have recently taken up an awesome project. But I had 2 VERY unusual questions. I ask with kindness, please DO NOT answer unless you actually know with reasonable certainty what's actually going on.

1. I recently received an upped twitch throw for my barb, and I absolutely love it. However, I traded for a 23 max damage jewel and the jewel had a level req of 27. The twitch has a level req of 30 without anything socketed. When I placed the jewel in it, it turned the twitch into a level 32 req. Is this due to the upping process? Or is there another reason this is happening. Even a level 28 req jewel with 16max and LR I put in and it moved it to level 33. However, a 15maxer had no issues (it's req was 18) and at least I can use it for now (but very sad I lost the jewel). :( Would this happen with an level 29 rage mask I have on my barb that is 1barb, 2bo, 1BC, 5%ar/5light radius, 44life, CR18, PR25, level 7 stun charges (listed all these because not sure which is affecting req level).

2. I am thinking of rolling a barb blue helm to attempt to get +WW skill (staff mod) on the helm. I have read in various forums this staff mod is restricted and does not spawn on a helm correctly. Can it EVER spawn on a helm (I have seen people's forum posts indicate that you can get this but they were old) and what approximately are the odds on a white vs magic vs rare (again also note if possible at all). General odds are fine, doesn't have to be 1:503483 or something. Is it really only something I can trade for? I'm hoping it's not mega expensive if it exists.

Any help would be so awesome. I know these aren't exactly straight forward and usual because I know a decent amount about the game but I'm at a loss here. If you know someone that might know the answer I would be more than happy to ask them in game too :)

Edit: Also, if I cannot put 20+ max jewels into twitch (even if unupped) or a helm what would you recommend I use with those socket spaces for a WW lld? Finally, if I cannot get a helm that has the staff mod, is that helm I have at least reasonable, or should I go for something with 2+ one of the trees (like combat or masteries)? I am using 2x naga, one with 2shaels and some max damage jewels, and one %ed naga honor which i found myself and made with low runes. :) Any advice on general of these would be great.

Pounder
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Yes, WW can spawn, but chances are extremely low. When skill is rolled it has 20% chance to roll tier 6 (lvl 30 req skill - ww, bc, zerk etc) and when skill is selected, it has 20% chances to be WW (5 total tier 6 skills). As with Holy Shield, game doesn't want you to have that staffmod so you get WW only if it rolls 7 times in a row. So you have (0.2*0.2)^7 if item spawns with one staffmod. Chances are somewhat better if it spawns with 2 or 3 skills since any of 2/3 selected skills can get rerolled into WW so it would be (0.2*0.2*2)^7 for 2 skills and (0.2*0.2*3)^7 for 3 skills hats. 10% hats spawns with 3 skills 20% with 2 skills 40% with one skill and 30% with no skills. Math later and your odds are 1: 2.666.729.067. Notbad.jpg And that's just WW, let alone any good mods.
    So getting it is pure luck, let alone with other decent mods. But it's not big deal. Spare point for LLD barb go into increased speed, so you can compensate that by getting nice 1barb/30FRW/2os helm with 2 x maxdmg jewels or something.

Exception is playing in prior patches where ^7 restriction wasn't included, so there they are fairly common, and not only that but you could hit jackpot with some crazy luck. There are probably couple of those WW helms so trade with people that don't know about its rarity if possible. That would be your best shot if you really want it. There are probably many around from prior patches.

As for twitch, you are probably giving wrong info or something. I would need screenshots. Twitch non upped has lvl 27 required, when upped I think 41. So in no way possible it can have lvl 30 req unless something is socketed in it that has lvl 30 req. To my knowledge socketing shouldn't increase reqlvl of item unless socket filler reqlvl > item reqlvl.

Besides, I wouldn't use that armor for LLD barb. Either go SoJ SoJ + Peace for nice crit or 2 nice rare rings + 3os/life armor filled with maxdmg jewels. I like second thing much more as it gives much higher potential life, especially with nice rings. That and SoJs have elemental dmg so they cause mdr bug so you will be screwed if someone has Vipermagi + couple Sols in sockets. You can get maxblock with 20 innate dex + 20 from IK gloves and whitstan's guard socketed with 9 dex jewel I think. In case you need it. No points in dex required at all.

40IAS naga into offhand and honor in primary seems like best choice for me. Didn't run math but it does look good setup.

Take all this with grain of salt, but I think it's more or less correct.
  3. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Twitchthroe Studded Leather has required level (rlvl) 16. Upgrading it from Normal to Exceptional results in maximum rlvl +5, and since Trellised Armour has rlvl 25 (and 25 > 16) this means Twitchthroe Trellised Armour has rlvl 30 (25+5). Socketing it with a jewel with rlvl 27 results in that becoming its maximum rlvl (27 > 25) resulting in required level 32 (27+5).

Since a Rage Mask has rlvl 29 your rare Rage Mask with rlvl 29 cannot have been upgraded (otherwise it would have at least rlvl 34), so it will remain rlvl 29 unless you socket it with something with rlvl > 29.
  4. Pounder

Pounder IncGamers Member

I really appreciate the wealth if item information guys.

Onderuiker: that makes 100% sense to me. That's exactly what happened. Thank you so much for the explaination, I never ever knew this. :)

Frozzzen: I am really glad I didn't go out into the world of lullul land trying to roll a rare helm with skulls for probably ever until I died or something. I'm either going to try to find someone willing to sell a helm like that, or as you said, just find maybe something that will help boost things a little better. As for the twitch, i'll have to go the route of using a non-upped twitch (or upped one with 15max and very nice mods besides it) or I might try the peace option. I have been using angelic ammy and ring though with soj and this is easily the best combo. While your soj helps on certain areas, the AR boost is nearly double for my char, plus amulet is +75 life with ring. I do really like your idea of a life 3os armour with the maxers though. TBH this would be better than both twitch and peace because the max damage increase is well over 30% (all the time) and still maintains good life. I do like twitch because I can sit on lower str which also means 10x4+ (40) life extra until I can find such an armour and good jewels. I am just glad I am aware that I should be only going for max damage jewels (plus other stats if they are present instead of max + 20%ed because of the glitch on off weapon). I might as well though make a peace just due to the sheer cost of it just for some test runs. :)

Do you any of you guys have anyone fun to pvp for lld testing? :)