Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question for high dps WDs!

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by loukasre, Jan 2, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 7021

1. loukasre

loukasre IncGamers Member

I am starting a WD now and he is going to have my wizards gear (240k dps UB).
    I noticed most of the high dps WDs do not use any LS or LOH. Any hints on how they manage to do it? I mean against reflect or strong melee packs. How do they keep their Hp up? Should i get a LS weapon or just keep my echo?

Thanks in advance
  2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Many WDs have a lot of pick up radius for Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast, so they get a lot of health from globes. Spirit Vessel is an amazing life saver, and with Grave Injustice, a WD can use Spirit Walk quite often.

Try out the WD without LS/LoH and decide if you need it.
  3. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

Some WDs carry a lifesteal Skorn in their stash for the RD packs. Helps the most when you use zombie bears that deal big numbers.
  4. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

You are probably looking at diabloprogress?
    Here is the reason why they don't use life steal - they update profiles only for heroscore/dps score.
    Most of these chars are completely unplayable at higher mp, they insta die vs reflect. Also if you look at these chars, most of them ignores mana regen and stacks as much ias as possible (which ruins their mana efficiency even further).
    Wd is really hard to compare in terms of dps to wizard. You get much more damage from buffs, you need to use mana regen gear, which gives you less unbuffed damage. But also you have some stronger skills in your arsenal that make up for it.
    If you hit for example 200k dps, with soj (so would be 250k unbuffed with decent "score" ring), and do that with limited ias, gear with mana regen, zuni set ect, this is a very good reasult, that puts you at very top of real wd rankings (that actually works if you go mp10 with this).
  5. loukasre

Thank you all for your answers:)

@aerial

Is thing of the deep enough for mana regen? (as the only item with mana regen on my gear i mean)
  6. loukasre

on second though if i get a zunimassas offhand i get the 4 bonus! Thats enough right? (not 60 yet btw :)
  7. MCPWTB

MCPWTB IncGamers Member

Hi, just like aerial said, you do need to focus on mana regen.

And as you saw, the zuni mojo is a really good option. The reason is you can complete the four piece zuni set AND use a visage of guiya helmet, which comes with mana regen, int, all resists, socket, crit chance (random roll), and a witch doctor skill. You cannot get mana regen and crit chance on zuni helmet, which is bad.

Then it's a matter of dealing max DPS without dying, meaning you need a lot of resistances, hp, life sustainability (steal/LoH/regen), and the right skills to work with your gear. A lot of people will swap gear when they hit a RD pack, for instance, besides switching to a life steal skorn, they may swap the SoJ for a litany of the undaunted. They gain reduce the SoJ bonus damage, resistances, and more importantly, 7% damage reduction from elites!

I also made a post here linking to the 'witch doctor index of builds/guides', check it out.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  8. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

You only need mana regen and reduced cost of Zombie charger gear if you use Bears. Acid cloud works fine without mana regen/reduced cost and you can even take Pierce the veil with no resource problems.

Acid cloud is the best build for zero-low level mp farming. Bears is the best for higher level mp farming and ubers.

How much mana regen/reduced cost you need depends how long you are planning to spam Bears until you let go of the button.
    For ubers you need as much as you can possibly get. For normal farming, depends on mp and your dps.

I wouldn't recommend playing wd without life steal/life on hit.