Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Q&A 1.0.7 - It's big

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by windstriker, Feb 11, 2013. | Replies: 27 | Views: 2578

1. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Well, considering it answered none of the overarching "D3 y u suk so much" queries, I suspect nobody will like this Q&A.
  3. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Well, I honestly didn't have all that many questions about 1.07 to begin with but it was nice they dropped some hints about their development process and plans for the future. So I found the read enjoyable for the most part. I'd rather just have more blog updates than these QA sessions. For example, I just can't believe the question that asked why they were buffing unused skills got upvoted.

None of the fixes to OWE sounded appealing. So that's kind of got me worried, but whatever I don't even use OWE.

^Konfeta nailed it. That's pretty much all the official forums are right now. Rather, it's a typical day, but times that by 2.
  4. Soval

Soval IncGamers Member

Overall, I thought they did a good job with it.

TheDestructor:
    The Q&A was about why they made the changes in 1.07 that they did, so "why buff this and not that?" is rather relevant, even if the question was a little duh.

Some changes may seem obvious, but there are always going to be people who genuinely don't understand why something was changed the way it was or what greater issues may be coming in to play. That's what these are at least trying to help alleviate with these Q&As, fruitless though it might be.

When someone has already made up their mind about those topics though, the result is what you see on bnet :(
  5. Neutrical

Neutrical IncGamers Member

Like Soval said, they really did focus like they said on 1.0.7 which is completely understandable. However, I think we are all waiting for a more comprehensive report on their views on itemization, social UI, etc. These are updates and changes that will most likely come with the expansion. I can just sense they are holding their hands close with any big changes to garner as much support and positive reaction as possible when the Xpac is announced.
  6. Zaqwert

Zaqwert IncGamers Member

Well, it was something related to Diablo 3, therefore I am not surprised it was completely underwhelming and very disappointing. That's pretty much D3's legacy and it continues.
  7. trocadero

trocadero IncGamers Member

I'm surprised it took them this long to figure out that the long term health of the game required some form of bound gear. They had soul-bound gear in before beta, and they decided against it. It's like they learned nothing from D2's utter joke of an economy.
  8. Maclowery

Maclowery IncGamers Member

Pretty underwhelming, in my opinion.

Especially since Lylirra mentioned that 1.07 is coming out tomorrow (Feb 12th).

Oh well. back to clicking up Perfect Square emeralds over and over and over and over
  9. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Well, it's finally a patch with considerable buffs to a Wizard skill. I can't wait.
    But they should've answered the dozen questions about our ****ty Tal Rasha set.
  10. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

The buffs are interesting indeed, but it still feels sort of lackluster compared to CM wizard. I don't really mind that archon is the "default" build for farming low MP, since it doesn't really have any specific gear requirement.
  11. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I tell you what I think about CM Wizards (or rather, people who feel like they get forced to use the most efficient build):
    Those are the same people who would choose the "Pink dildo-sword of the gaylord" over a normal looking sword because it has +20dps more.
  12. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

I'd pick that sword with 20 dps less than the normal looking sword
  13. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Well I don't even have the gear to use CM atm, so it's arcane orb and archon for me. But I should've worded myself a bit better. My point is it seems there are very few truly viable skills. Maybe that's true for the other classes as well, but if you want to be somewhat efficient, then the build choices feel very restrictive. And if you want to say farm infernal machine at high MP, it does feel like CM wizard is the most efficient by a long shot. Had it only been the difference of +20 dps, then I wouldn't be here posting about it.
  14. Galtrovan

Galtrovan IncGamers Member

"filled with a whole lot of nothing"... the same as the patch itself.
  15. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

I still cant wrap my mind over this whole new "gold sink" marquise gems...

Its like a whole level of mediocrity when people are cheering for a +4 stat upgrade BOA that costs 66 million to craft... what has happened to the world?
  16. Quingu

Quingu Banned

They are just clueless. Instead of fixing major issues, they are baking some kind of lame band-aids.

What's really funny, it seems that they think that the game is fine. Only some minor tweaks here and there are needed. Move along people! D3 is nearly perfect! We only need a new tier of +4 gems to make it completely perfect! XD
  17. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

Why isn't the most important question even asked? Why there is still no identify all option??
  18. Quingu

Quingu Banned

This Q&A is just a marketing ploy. ID all is not in the game, since they want you to "unwrap presents". Hundreds of crap, worthless presents per week, that is. XD
  19. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Or, because the entire Q&A session was limited to the patch, so stuff not currently in the patch wasn't up for being featured in the "Ask the Devs" menagerie.

When there's a general "items" or "game systems" Q&A and that question isn't answered, then you can legitimately complain.
  20. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Why is the monk's resource system still not being revamped? In line with that: who the **** thinks in their right mind that the monk has a lot of "good passives".

If OWE gets nerfed an not something equally good arrives they actually kill the game for me. And I'll activelly look into reselling the game (Which btw the EU gave an ultimatum up to 2015 to implement for blizzard games, otherwise they have to pay a fine of upto 10% of their annual gross income).